✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

19-Dec-2009: Exeter Castle, Exeter, UK - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews/Photos

No problem. point of view.

only a thing, i'm an extremely big fan, but this does not mean i should agree with all their choises, this would mean not to be fan, but to be sa creemer monkey! :D

anyway, i'm sure We all will enjoy ourselves there. i hope so.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you should agree with all their choices just because you're a fan.

I was just saying that as it's such a special gig, I'll be happy just to be there regardless of the setlist.

I KNOW we'll enjoy ourselves, we're going to see Coldplay!!!!!!!!! :D

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have booked the the Rougemont Thistle as it is next door and we may arrive very close to 5.00 but would love to meet up with people if poss.

Still smiling!:D

I'm staying there as well with the missus! Lucky I checked on lastminute.com as it was £21 cheaper than Thistle site. Our train gets to Exeter just after 2pm, but we'll be meeting up with friends from Cornwall in the afternoon before the gig...

I want to be supported. If they will not play some parachutes and arobtth songs, we must not scream out, or jump or other which makes them feel we are happy for the gig.

it is not possible to listen to a viva la vida tour or twisted logic tour setlist for this great exclusive concert. As Part of Their biggest fans they could not do something different from the last two tours.

We need some Parachutes.

I can't believe that post ! You should already be incredibly happy to be able to attend this show, and don't act like a spoiled child...

I would be happy with anything, they could even play Lady Gaga or Jonas Brothers songs... uh... maybe not that far :tongue:

Amsterdam would be AMAZING! I've only heard parts of it live when I was at a gig in Rotterdam. Chris started singing it but then forgot the words, stopped and then went on to play The Hardest Part. But these 30 seconds of Amsterdam mady me incredibly happy. :lol:

But whatever they choose to play, it's going to be great. I mean, just think about it, we're going to see Coldplay with only 500 (!!!) people in the audience. Waaahh...the thought makes me all excited and giddy, haha!

I wonder if I'll be able to spot any of you Coldplayers in the queue or the audience. Maybe I possess a special Coldplaying sense that helps me recognize fellow Coldplayers (not to be creepy :laugh3:).

I'm staying there as well with the missus! Lucky I checked on lastminute.com as it was £21 cheaper than Thistle site. Our train gets to Exeter just after 2pm, but we'll be meeting up with friends from Cornwall in the afternoon before the gig...

We might be in the same train. :) And I live in North London too, by the way.

I can't believe that post ! You should already be incredibly happy to be able to attend this show, and don't act like a spoiled child...

I would be happy with anything, they could even play Lady Gaga or Jonas Brothers songs... uh... maybe not that far :tongue:

Yeah Lady GaGa songs would tip me over the edge, I can't stand that woman :veryangry2::laugh3:

I want to be supported. If they will not play some parachutes and arobtth songs, we must not scream out, or jump or other which makes them feel we are happy for the gig.

it is not possible to listen to a viva la vida tour or twisted logic tour setlist for this great exclusive concert. As Part of Their biggest fans they could not do something different from the last two tours.

We need some Parachutes.

Seriously...if you don't want to hear the usual songs etc. you can give me your tickets.

Don't forget it is a CHARITY GIG and not about what you want!

P.

I've not said i won't be happy to be there!! i'm extremely happy and excited!!

i've only said that it would not be so great if they won't consider the effort we are doing for seing this concert! So i Hope they will do some great old song. ONLY THIS.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. I've seen that someone has understood what i meant. :(

Coldplay fans' anger at Exeter ticket sales

MUSIC fans are continuing to bid hundreds of pounds for tickets to Coldplay's charity homecoming concert.

Twelve ticket holders have now put their tickets up for sale via the internet auction site ebay and are asking for as much as £1,000 a pair to anyone who wants to buy them.

Visitors to the auction site are bidding as much as £510 for a pair of tickets — more than five times the original price.

And the actions of the touts have angered scores of people who missed out on the chance of buying tickets.

Organisers of the concert have also said they are disappointed the tickets are being sold for profit.

http://www.thisisexeter.co.uk/features/Coldplay-fans-anger-Exeter-ticket-sales/article-1602120-detail/article.html

The whole ebay thing is really bugging me now, so I won't start rant about it incase I don't stop :angry:

On a nicer note, they've started to put up the steel beams etc of the marquee at the venue ;)

I might take a trip up there for a look again on Wednesday, so I'll keep this thread updated with any progress :D

And everyone gets my company! Best. Day. Ever! :P

And if you think he's joking... you're wrong :P

They're lucky they only have you for a day. :P

Make sure your MP3 player is fully charged for the journey down :laugh3:

The whole ebay thing is really bugging me now, so I won't start rant about it incase I don't stop :angry:

On a nicer note, they've started to put up the steel beams etc of the marquee at the venue ;)

I might take a trip up there for a look again on Wednesday, so I'll keep this thread updated with any progress :D

Pix please!!!

We need some Parachutes.

Many opinions have already been posted about this and I just have to add my two cents to it ...

You should NOT forget, it's neither a Coldplay concert NOR are there just Coldplay fans ... if the majority of people attending actually ARE Coldplay fans, then that's great. :)

But this concert was set up to support Charity Organisation MENCAP and Coldplay may be the headliner but they are 'just' one of three artists performing there.

So I doubt it will be a full set but maybe 45 - 60 minutes?! :confused:

They don't play this show to please some 'diehard' fans but they play to 500 people who were lucky to get these tickets, it could also happen that the majority of people there would be Lily Allen or LaRoux fans ;)

And I am pretty sure that they will choose a very special selection from all their albums but usually newer stuff/hit singles get the preference :)

I really hope everyone will be happy with the setlist but trying to claim special songs from a special decade is just not right :(

Go back to feed Sam and don't be so nosey, Jen :P :laugh3:

:P :cry:

We're going Friday (after we meet up with some Coldplaying people....you won't know them :P )

who? I is an admin and therefore must know everyone :laugh3: :P

And everyone gets my company! Best. Day. Ever! :P

but how do those who have spent more than one day with you decide which of those is the best day ever? :inquisitive:

LCCC, Wembley or Exeter? :P

You know every little bit of updates to get a feeling of what is happening there is awesome for all of us who can't go!

Have a nice day! :nice:

this :D

I can't go :cry:

My only option (and one that was offered to me) was to cancel my part in the party that clashes with the gig (and I am one of the main organisers as well as a guest of honour).

This will be the most incredible concert, but family always must come first.

I hope I will have such incredible luck again in the future, and I cannot thank Jayzo again for getting me the ticket :)

Have fun everyone!! :sunny:

Hey guys, i was one of the crazy people who queued up for hours upon end at hmv to get tickets and can't wait! Does anyone know what time the doors ACTUALLY open?

Because on my ticket from hmv it says doors open at 6.30pm. But my friends who luckily got tickets online, their etickets say doors open a 6pm? Any idea anyone?