✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

19-Dec-2009: Exeter Castle, Exeter, UK - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews/Photos

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I was unable to enter this thread yesterday :(

I know, it's so pathetic.

I was aware that it was close to impossible getting tickets, but my friend had them in her basket and couldn't check them out and even ringing HMV wouldn't help/change anything.

So that was really worse, literally having them but then again not getting them :bigcry:

I got cheered up a little in the meantime and it doesn't feel as worse anymore.

I am VERY happy for everyone from this forum being able to attend this super special gig and by reading the list, we can say there are quite a lot of people from the forum representing us little Coldplayers there, esp. given that there were only 500 tix available.

Make sure to take some nice pictures, also from the whole setting around :)

Wishing everyone loads of fun!

Aww sorry Kirsten :hug: I read what happened with the tickets, that sucks :(

Promise to bring back lots of photographic goodies for you. :nice:

Thanks Mich :) *hugs*

I really don't want to overdramatise but I felt like shit yesterday. :sick: :cry:

Honestly I know that I should rather shut up with the Karma I had this year and all, but still ... :lol:

Hope these goodies include some photos of a certain bandmember *coughs*

:D

Hope these goodies include some photos of a certain bandmember *coughs*

:D

^ don't worry about that :P

But seriously what happened to Petra is even worse, it was happening to me as well..but woman concentrate on the LA gigs cause that will be your turn to bring us goodies :hug:

^ don't worry about that :P

But seriously what happened to Petra is even worse, it was happening to me as well..but woman concentrate on the LA gigs cause that will be your turn to bring us goodies :hug:

Both of you have to get loooooooooots of GB pixxies' back...LOL:)

I wish everybody loooots of fun next saturday!!! :)

However I just looked on ebay and there are plenty of ticekts also from people who seemed to have queued, not even sure if I am more upset about the people you sell them or the amount of people you bid on it to stupid prices.

P.

Both of you have to get loooooooooots of GB pixxies' back...LOL:)

Deal :D

I didn't look at ebay, just the link that was posted here yesterday..it's really sad that these people are making money (yes because they should give all the money they get to Mencap, not just an amount) out of fans who were not lucky to get tickets :angry:

Oh wow, I woke up this morning and realised that yesterday wasn't just a dream and I am actually going to Devon in one week to see my favourite band in the whole world with just 499 other people. It still hasn't sunk in yet!!! :bomb:

Some how managed to gain tickets whilst in an I.C.T lesson in school. Not only did i have the nerves of tryng to get tickets, but also the nerves of trying not to get caught! (My ict teacher hates coldplay:o). Should be amazing though :)

Awesome!! :D Where are you coming from in the UK? And lmao that was lucky... one of my old teachers hated Coldplay too. :laugh3: I was praying for good karma yesterday morning, and I must have had some on my side because I still don't understand how I quite managed to get two tickets... I had tried not to get my hopes up at all. It must be this "Coldplay Karma" you guys speak of, hehe. :D :D

I'll be sure to take my digicam with me, will take as many pics as poss for everyone and hoping to get some video as well if that's allowed... I got a sony hd handycam for my b-day in Nov so will come in handy hehe. ;)

Wow, I couldn't possibly ask for a better Christmas present than this. Ever. :nice: :heart:

Only 8 days to wait!!! :dance:

I'm very happy for all of those who are going to this very special event. Congrat's! :)

I'm looking forward to the Viva Crew tweets, thanks a lot!

I hope they'll play other songs than the Viva era ones that we heard so much for the last months, maybe they'll even play new songs? :wink3: :rolleyes: A girl can dream... ;)

Of course, they can play, say and do anything they want, it will be AWESOME no matter what, as usual! :P

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!

Oh wow, I woke up this morning and realised that yesterday wasn't just a dream and I am actually going to Devon in one week to see my favourite band in the whole world with just 499 other people. It still hasn't sunk in yet!!! :bomb:

Awesome!! :D Where are you coming from in the UK? And lmao that was lucky... one of my old teachers hated Coldplay too. :laugh3: I was praying for good karma yesterday morning, and I must have had some on my side because I still don't understand how I quite managed to get two tickets... I had tried not to get my hopes up at all. It must be this "Coldplay Karma" you guys speak of, hehe. :D :D

I'll be sure to take my digicam with me, will take as many pics as poss for everyone and hoping to get some video as well if that's allowed... I got a sony hd handycam for my b-day in Nov so will come in handy hehe. ;)

Wow, I couldn't possibly ask for a better Christmas present than this. Ever. :nice: :heart:

I live about 5 minutes drive from Exeter. Was going to sit outside hmv for tickets but its december! Can't believe people qued just to sell them!!!! awful!

I live about 5 minutes drive from Exeter. Was going to sit outside hmv for tickets but its december! Can't believe people qued just to sell them!!!! awful!

Oh so your really close then!! I'm driving all the way from West Sussex so about a 4 hour car journey there. :uhoh:

I know! I looked on ebay earlier there are 10 pairs of tickets going now :bomb: It's ridiculous, some sellers are asking over a grand for them buy it now!! :shocked2: Jesus they'll be lucky. And none of the money will be going to charity THAT'S for sure :angry: Argh, it makes me so ticked off to think people especially bought them for the purpose of getting more money when so many real fans have missed out on the chance to get them at face value instead of them!! Blergh. They should really have ID on the tickets to stop this, it's just not fair tbh.

:santa2:

I have only just come down to earth........I have tickets.... things like this never happern to me. I cried when my sale went through.

Logged on and hit the button at 9.29 and was 28th in the queue just so happy as I was supposed to see them in Tampa and actually re-arranged my holiday around the gig but then it was cancelled the day before. This more than makes up for it!

I am so happy; just booking hotel to stay in. Jurys Inn or City Gate Hotel any one else staying over for group hug?

I am so sorry for all you fans who tried I know how much you must be hurting. Cant believe people selling them on ebay no way I will ever part with my bad boys!

Oh so your really close then!! I'm driving all the way from West Sussex so about a 3/12 hour car journey. Mad I know lol. :happy2:

I know I looked on ebay earlier there are 10 pairs of tickets going now :bomb: I'm just revolted by it, some are asking over a grand for them!! :shocked2: And none of that money will be going to charity THAT'S for sure :angry: Makes me so ticked off to think people especially bought them for the purpose of getting more money when so many real fans have missed out on the chance to get them at face value instead of them!! Urgh.

Yeah in September i did the trip up to London. It gets expensive but its so worth it!!!

Thats mental! Can't ebay take them down or something???

Are you staying in a hotel or driving back afterwards??

Yeah in September i did the trip up to London. It gets expensive but its so worth it!!!

Thats mental! Can't ebay take them down or something???

Are you staying in a hotel or driving back afterwards??

I don't know Ebay don't seem to care about this sort of thing as much as they should... I just hope they don't get bought by anyone because there's no way I'd pay that money to such idiots, they don't deserve a penny!!

I'm not sure yet, I'm driving up with my parents (lucky to have such nice ones, I'm yet to learn to drive just turned 19.. this is kinda a special b-day/xmas present had a tough year with health problems and stuff) and to not make it too expensive I guess will end up driving back after the show, won't be home till the early hours but my Dad likes driving at night lol.

I have only just come down to earth........I have tickets.... things like this never happern to me. I cried when my sale went through.

Logged on and hit the button at 9.29 and was 28th in the queue just so happy as I was supposed to see them in Tampa and actually re-arranged my holiday around the gig but then it was cancelled the day before. This more than makes up for it!

I am so happy; just booking hotel to stay in. Jurys Inn or City Gate Hotel any one else staying over for group hug?

I am so sorry for all you fans who tried I know how much you must be hurting. Cant believe people selling them on ebay no way I will ever part with my bad boys!

Hey well done I'm so happy another one of us is going!! :D :hug: And I know how you feel I was absolutely ecstatic when my tickets went through danced all around my living room screaming haha - I was literally in shock for the rest of the day, it still hasn't really sunk in properly. I get all giddy when I think about it hehe. :D Things like this never happen to me normally either, I never thought I'd be lucky enough to get through even though I was sitting there waiting on the page before 9:30 - I didn't win tixs to the Brixton gig and I didn't dare dream I'd get the opportunity to go to this!!

I don't know Ebay don't seem to care about this sort of thing as much as they should... I just hope they don't get bought by anyone because there's no way I'd pay that money to such idiots, they don't deserve a penny!!

I'm not sure yet, I'm driving up with my parents (lucky to have such nice ones, I'm yet to learn to drive just turned 19.. this is kinda a special b-day/xmas present had a tough year with health problems and stuff) and to not make it too expensive I guess will end up driving back after the show, won't be home till the early hours but my Dad likes driving at night lol.

Ha sounds like a plan! Just make sure your dad has a red bull ora coffee :p. Did you manage to get yourself 3 tickets or does someone have to wait outside?

Sounds like an awesome present! Hope your okayy now :)

Aww so glad that so many Coldplayers are going !

We'll sure have awesome pics and videos :blush:

Btw is it standing or seating ?

I'm disgusted by those people who got tickets just to sell them, they're gonna make a LOT of money of it cause they know some people are desperate to get tickets :\

That's revolting, I'm sorry for those who didn't get ticks !

Ha sounds like a plan! Just make sure your dad has a red bull ora coffee :p. Did you manage to get yourself 3 tickets or does someone have to wait outside?

Sounds like an awesome present! Hope your okayy now :)

Hehe yeah caffine will keep him up always does. :P

No only managed to get a pair but my parents are going to go to dinner somewhere and my brother (who's a big fan of Lily Allen and also loves CP) is going to go with me. And thanks :)

I feel so sorry for all the fans... who didn't get tickets but tried.. The fact there are touters on with loads of pairs makes it all the worse, I know how bitterly disappointed and angry I'd of been if I hadn't managed to get some. :\

I know! I looked on ebay earlier there are 10 pairs of tickets going now :bomb: It's ridiculous, some sellers are asking over a grand for them buy it now!! :shocked2: Jesus they'll be lucky. And none of the money will be going to charity THAT'S for sure :angry: Argh, it makes me so ticked off to think people especially bought them for the purpose of getting more money when so many real fans have missed out on the chance to get them at face value instead of them!! Blergh. They should really have ID on the tickets to stop this, it's just not fair tbh.

:\ I didn't know this happened, it's so disgusting... :veryangry2:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance:

Now you obviously have a Coldplaying mission: telling us EVERYTHING. :D