✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

*The 10,000 Reasons To Hate Coldplay* Game

Reilly

Here's an example of one.

I don't care tbh. It's the best for you? Then good for you, that song does nothing to me and your opinion is not absolute, it's not the best song just cos you say it is.

im just saying that i think its a great and fantastic song

everyone is intitled to an opinion and everyone has a right to

comment and give their opinion

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i cant believe you dont like yellow its like the best song ever and my fave

I get your point, I have made fun of CP many times in the past to make fun of fangirls (and you can't really deny that some are just plain annoying), I still do sometimes, but even if I called VLV shit, it was not the best way to express how much I hate the album, cos yes, IMO and in my mind it's shit.

Btw, I think I've mostly made fun of fangirls/fansingeneral because they actually see Chris Martin as the coolest/most talented/funniest/prettiest guy in the world, when, to me, he's nothing but a person who tries too hard to be as big as other musicians.

I've stated before, if he didn't spend (and it would apply for the other three) so much time trying to be big, being with Z and B, and dueting with Rihanna or working with big famous Brian Eno, he'd make an amazing album, and that's why I dislike him so much, cos he tries too hard instead of just being himself.

Also, come on, how can I not make fun of someone who ONLY listens to Coldplay? That's impossible, there's other shit out there D: It's impossible to love them so much to be blinded and say all they do is acceptable and right, with no flaws. How can people be like that?

Wow, that was lenghty.

I see where your coming from with the younger fangirls not accepting that people might not like everything coldplay does. (Arguing with Prophet of Prospekt and Arwen about how I'm entitled to think Viva la Vida is not DA BEST ALBUM EVER :awesome: gets on my nerves too)

But what gets me is how you very obviously love other musicians like some people on here love Chris or Guy or Jonny or Will or just the whole band all together. But your too close minded to understand how anyone can have those sort of feelings that you do... but just for someone else.

That I dont understand. Because as much I dont understand the appeal that someone has for a certain artist or group, I can recognize the feeling they have enough to ...for the most part ...respect them enough to where I WILL NOT purposely go on a site where I know those people and that THING I no longer like is heavily discussed/dedicated to, and then unreasonably overreact to them being mentioned outside the subcategory on said fansite.

And when I know someone is behaving in such a manner I will either

Have no respect for them as a person and look down upon them with disdain and laugh at them but also almost pitty them (almost always)

Confront them about it head on. (Rarely)

Or (Rarely) act like an exaggeration of what it is I know they dislike just to piss them off for being such an axe wound.

And its not even that someone would feel that way and say so, thats fine your on a coldplay fansite and no longer like coldplay (although that still to me will always defy all reasonable logic) but why the fuck cant you spam about it on your facebook or tumblr or whatever it is kids have nowadays instead of where the genuine fans come to ESCAPE judgment from people who dont like coldplay and feel the need to be close minded elitists to people who do.

From what Ive witnesses its ONE OF the reasons that people dont post on here as frequently/at all anymore.

And I know because plenty of them have come right out and told me so.

Which is unfortunate because its not the fangirls with a twilighter mentality who are saying so, its genuinely level headed good people.

That to me quite frankly.... sucks.

Deleted your whole post cos I don't want mine to look massive. I did read it all.

I do understand your points, very well. I never denied I loved them back in the day when AROBTTH or X&Y were out, those two being my favorite albums by them. As to your point in "people that stopped loving CP still here", I joined this forum 2 years ago and lurked in the gallery 2 years prior that, I was starting to dislike them and my reasons for joining are not really because I felt like discussing anything about them, but I can assure you that I didn't join to troll around and diss fangirls.

Also, I don't spend that much time in this particular section, if you've noticed before. Why? Well, you said it yourself, I don't like Coldplay, so why bother?

I stick to The Lounge because well, it used to be fun a while back, and I don't post as much in WoM, even RH thread because even if I love their music I don't like to discuss it with people. It's something personal, I often cringe if someone is too excited about something I like (band, or anything really), so it does not only apply to CP.

I might come off as a musical elitist, but I only try to point out how lots of bands can be better than CP or many others and people are too blind to stick to the "YOU'RE NUTS, YOU DON'T LIKE CP, YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT MUSIC." I can't really accept that kind of comments since I have my opinion.

Even one member in this forum (who posts a lot in this section) went to my profile once to force his opinion on me, that VLV was so good that I was missing out and that I didn't know what I was missing, even if I explained how many times I tried to like the album unsuccesfully.

That is what annoys me the most about most fans. You can't truly discuss the music itself cos they're too busy talking about Chris Martin's looks (or insert whatever band you prefer here). It's always perfect, if you say a song is bad, it's like a blasphemy to them, which I find ridiculous cos they are not perfect and the whole meaning is lost, cos they only base their opinion on their love to them.

Or tell me, haven't you ever tried to discuss the music but some fangirl comes and says "YOU'RE CRAZY, EVERY SONG IS PERFECT" ?

It's always annoying, also, cos some listen to the music just because someone in the band is cute. Tell me, how is that good?

You decide to laugh at people like me and think we're idiots, but we don't hate Coldplay because the band is "bad", we dislike it because of a certain kind of fans, and I know it's the same for people who dislike RH mostly because us fans are arrogant. But my point here is that sometimes, fans ruin things for you.

I do understand your points, very well. I never denied I loved them back in the day when AROBTTH or X&Y were out, those two being my favorite albums by them. As to your point in "people that stopped loving CP still here", I joined this forum 2 years ago and lurked in the gallery 2 years prior that, I was starting to dislike them and my reasons for joining are not really because I felt like discussing anything about them, but I can assure you that I didn't join to troll around and diss fangirls.

**Well it appears that way when its all I ever see coming from certain members, not necessarily always you but as you admitted you took part. Which is primarily why I would completely disregard everything you have to say up till now when you are responding calmy and reasonably without being personally insulting for no reason.

Also, I don't spend that much time in this particular section, if you've noticed before. Why? Well, you said it yourself, I don't like Coldplay, so why bother?

I stick to The Lounge because well, it used to be fun a while back, and I don't post as much in WoM, even RH thread because even if I love their music I don't like to discuss it with people. It's something personal, I often cringe if someone is too excited about something I like (band, or anything really), so it does not only apply to CP.

I might come off as a musical elitist, but I only try to point out how lots of bands can be better than CP or many others and people are too blind to stick to the "YOU'RE NUTS, YOU DON'T LIKE CP, YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT MUSIC." I can't really accept that kind of comments since I have my opinion.

Even one member in this forum (who posts a lot in this section) went to my profile once to force his opinion on me, that VLV was so good that I was missing out and that I didn't know what I was missing, even if I explained how many times I tried to like the album unsuccesfully.

**I agree that whoever did that was an out and out idiot and I dont like posting on peoples profiles at all let alone on one of someone i dont know to belittle them..... but, given the irritation you felt when someone imposed their views on you I would assume that you wouldnt act like that yourself since its something that you say annoys you so.

That is what annoys me the most about most fans. You can't truly discuss the music itself cos they're too busy talking about Chris Martin's looks (or insert whatever band you prefer here). It's always perfect, if you say a song is bad, it's like a blasphemy to them, which I find ridiculous cos they are not perfect and the whole meaning is lost, cos they only base their opinion on their love to them.

** I actually agree here, but as much as I honestly do like discussing the songs and all the elements involved clothing, song titles, lyrics meaning etc... those arent the threads that most often get bumped. You say youve been here a while... I'm guessing it wasnt like that before Viva la Vida then?

also, I can understand a fan having a bit of dismay momentarily if its a song that they truly think is brilliant and dont understand how you feel so strongly about it in a negative way but if they persist then its fair enough to get pissed off and mock them back. If I participated in that behavior when I first came to this forum its because I just couldnt wrap my head around the concept of someone loathing coldplay on a coldplay site. Which is what Im assuming most of the younger and newer fangirls are thinking when they post as you described. I see how things are though now, Im sure most of the fangirls you speak of will figure it out at some point. The few that dont and have been on this forum long enough to do so definitely merit being called out on their behavior.

Or tell me, haven't you ever tried to discuss the music but some fangirl comes and says "YOU'RE CRAZY, EVERY SONG IS PERFECT" ?

** yes I have and as annoying as it is, I remember where coldplay in their musical career keep in mind their age if its young enough to where it would be a significant factor and what website im on and unless they are ABSOLUTELY persisting... I get over it. Also why not just confront the fangirl about their behavior instead of insulting coldplay and offending innocent people along with them as a result.

It's always annoying, also, cos some listen to the music just because someone in the band is cute. Tell me, how is that good?

**See signature. Yes its irritating but How do you know which came first, or are you just assuming that everyone who's attracted to one of the band members is here primarily for that reason, if so that is some really sad prejudice on your part.

You decide to laugh at people like me and think we're idiots, ** I don't laugh because I think your stupid, I disregard everything someone has to say when I see them inaccurately stereotyping me or someone else on here and basically acting like a self absorbed arrogant jerk. But we don't hate Coldplay because the band is "bad", we dislike it because of a certain kind of fans, and I know it's the same for people who dislike RH mostly because us fans are arrogant. But my point here is that sometimes, fans ruin things for you.

Side Note: Why you dug up a quote I said that wasnt in my previous post I dont even know. That seems pretty pointless to me as its completely out of context to what Im saying now.

But, on most of the points ...... Im agreeing with you.... some one hold me.

Bottom line: Yes I do realize some of the overzealous fangirls can be annoying too..... but given the fact of where you are and choose to stay on.. I would think a bit of leniency and grace is in order. If this were not dedicated to coldplay and like I said... somewhere the fans come (or at least where i came) in hopes of avoiding that kind of judgement from nonfans, then i would say sure! let em have it, tell them how shit you think coldplay is, its why my attitude is so strong towards other topics that arent coldplay related on here or why I will for the most part... bite my tongue when someone says something offensive or rude about a band other than the one this forum is dedicated too.

I see it as just common sense and respect.

I do realize posting this isnt going to change anyones behavior but you seemed puzzled when I last responded to you so I thought I would attempt to level with you and explain why I would not respect you and treat you with disdain.

What you think of me I couldnt care less about because the only opinions about me that matter to me are the ones of those i love, respect and/or look up to.

So there.

Goodnight/morning whatever

If you really go back to when I first "attacked" you, it all goes back to Gwynnie, since I never truly understood the hatred, not that I like her either, I've stated enough times that she's boring in my opinion. Also, while I might be somewhat bitter-ish/"aggressive" and dull in my posts, you're also a bit aggressive yourself even withouth the slightlest provocation. Not judging you or insulting but it's what I can see, just an observation.

Besides, I barely do that mocking thing lately, it became boring, fangirls gonna fangirl.

And no I wasn't puzzled.

You decide to laugh at people like me and think we're idiots, but we don't hate Coldplay because the band is "bad", we dislike it because of a certain kind of fans, and I know it's the same for people who dislike RH mostly because us fans are arrogant. But my point here is that sometimes, fans ruin things for you.

I don't want to join/restart any arguments, but this annoys me too. Fans should be able to hear out someone who has a different opinion then them, and decide whether or not they agree with that opinion.

Assuming the person with the different opinion presents it honestly but not rudely, I find that I learn from different opinions, so by listening instead of dissing I often see something differently or pick something out I never noticed before, whether it be good or bad. Wow that's a run on sentence if I've ever seen one. :lol:

It's no use arguing with someone who has a different opinion than you, as you're not going to change their mind.

/end of rant.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

LOL I love how this thread turned into a massive argument :P It was meant as a joke thread XD

My reason: Never played their best song live.

Also don't release some of their best songs (looking at you, Ladder To The Sun).

Don't put some of their best songs on an album and are left as B-sides (looking at you, Gravity).

Those are my two reasons.

• Like 1

They don't play tracks 1-4, 6-11 of Parachutes at live shows anymore.

They don't play tracks 1, 6-11 of AROBTTH at live shows anymore.

They don't play tracks 1-3, 5-14 of X&Y at live shows anymore.

I have memorized the tracklists and I'm not ashamed.

Sent from my Death Star using Tapatalk

• Like 3