✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

FINISHED! SOUTH AFRICA 2010 WORLD CUP!!

juanif94

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And Diego Forlán was considered the best player of this WC.

Fair enough.

Really???? :o :o

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! :vuvuzela: :vuvuzela: :vuvuzela:

At least we won something :rolleyes:

Haha oh rly?

We won. Shut it. What matters is now. You made fun of Spain, hated them irrationally cos they beat Germany, were irrational saying "YAH FUCKING OCTOPUS" "SPAIN SUCKS" "OH I LOVE YOU COS YOU HATE SPAIN"

Couldn't you just be like Julia or some other Germany supporters who were rational enough to not diss Spain just cos they won?

I dissed spain cause they won? when? I even said Iker was great!

I said nice job Spain!:wtf:

Of course I'm still bitter over Germany but so?that is just me!

Why don't you shut it - it'll make everyone happier

Before you say anything get your facts straight I never said Spain sucked and 'I love him cause he said hates spain'(which by the way was just a joke - why so serious Alexa?) It happens to be that I like Holland better is that a problem for you? It bothers you that much?

Spain played better and they won, do you really have to antagonize so much?

I dissed spain cause they won? when? I even said Iker was great!

I said nice job Spain!:wtf:

Of course I'm still bitter over Germany but so?that is just me!

Why don't you shut it - it'll make everyone happier

Before you say anything get your facts straight I never said Spain sucked and 'I love him cause he said hates spain'(which by the way was just a joke - why so serious Alexa?) It happens to be that I like Holland better is that a problem for you? It bothers you that much?

Spain played better and they won, do you really have to antagonize so much?

You were annoying all the time. I shut the fuck up before cos I tried to keep composure. But seriously, you acted like an immature girl, telling people to stop talking about a stupid octopus just cos it was right?

I don't care that you said "Good job Spain". You clearly hate them/dislike them just cos "Schweini" didn't make it.

I would have supported Germany even if they fucked Spain's ass. Why? COS THEY ARE A GREAT TEAM. I would've never bashed them if they beat Spain.

No way.

World Cup final: 100 per cent for Paul the psychic octopus

Paul the psychic octopus maintained his 100 per cent World Cup success rate by correctly predicting Spain’s victory over the Netherlands in the final.

By Murray Wardrop

Published: 10:13PM BST 11 Jul 2010

paul2_1675960c.jpg Paul the psychic octopus maintains his 100 per cent World Cup success rate after correctly predicting Spain would beat Holland in the final Photo: AP

The mystic mollusc confirmed his flawless accuracy after Spain lifted the trophy, beating Holland 1-0.

Paul has become England’s only hero of the tournament after accurately foretelling the result of all six matches involving Germany.

Related Articles

The Dorset-born soothsayer also won privileged status in Spain after he predicted that its footballers would defeat the Dutch at Soccer City stadium in Johannesburg on Sunday night.

Even the Spanish Prime Minsiter Jose Luiz Rodriguez Zapatero expressed his affection for the creature after his prediction was announced on Friday.

"I am concerned for the octopus. I am thinking of sending him a protective team," Zapatero said.

Elena Espinosa, the Spanish environment and fisheries minister also swore to protect Paul.

"On Monday, I shall be at the European Council of Ministers and I shall be asking for a [fishing] ban on Paul the octopus so the Germans do not eat him," Espinosa said.

Paul’s call looked to be in doubt as the game was still goalless after 90 minutes and there was still no clear winner with only four minutes of extra time remaining.

However, with Holland down to 10 men, Andres Iniesta took the Spaniards into the lead with a devastating shot from the edge of the box.

Moments later, Spain was celebrating taking it first ever World Cup title.

Paul, a common octopus, has astounded the world of football with his forecasts, so much so that people have began betting on them rather than the outcomes of the matches themselves.

He was born at the Sea Life Centre in Weymouth but developed his soothsaying skills after being transferred to Sea Life Oberhausen, an aquarium in western Germany.

Keepers devised a dinnertime game in which he was offered the choice of two glass boxes containing a mussel.

During the Euro 2008 football championships, flags of the competing sides were placed on the containers and it was noted that on almost every occasion, the team that Paul’s tentacle touched first went on to win their match.

The trick was repeated at the start of South Africa’s World Cup for Germany’s games, and as the tournament progressed his uncannily accurate predictions were followed ever more closely.

Paul guessed the outcome of all Germany’s group games, including their shock loss to lowly Serbia, as well as their defeat of England and Argentina in subsequent rounds.

There was national anguish after he picked the container bearing the Spanish flag ahead of Wednesday night’s semi-final, with angry fans calling for him to be “thrown into the shark tank”.

When Spain beat Germany, preserving his 100 per cent record, “anti-octopus” songs were aired in Berlin while Spanish fans chanted his name at the stadium in Durban.