✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Viva la Vida tour DVD - live in Barcelona trailer

BigFatNoises

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See, this was when they put on good shows. Chris actually sang, and even though he ran into the crowd, he still actually sang. In the Viva clip his voice sounds awful and at the end while he's lying down he sounds like he's dying. Wish he's stop being such a douche and just sing. The fans are there to dance like crazy idiots, the band is supposed to play music and sound at least decent.

i youd been to a show you would know and even if you didnt you would be able to tell from his actions that hes supposed to be "dying". hes acting out the mood he wants to set for the ending of the song. he's not "being such a douche" hes adding theatrics to Viva.

See, this was when they put on good shows. Chris actually sang, and even though he ran into the crowd, he still actually sang. In the Viva clip his voice sounds awful and at the end while he's lying down he sounds like he's dying. Wish he's stop being such a douche and just sing. The fans are there to dance like crazy idiots, the band is supposed to play music and sound at least decent.

I agree with the older Coldplaying member....Coldplay still always sing, I think you have no idea what you're talking about. He still sings even when running into the crowd....

And if you've been to a show, you'll know that he lies down after Viva so that the whole crowd can keep on singing the whooaa ohhh part to bring him back up, then he starts Lost immediately.

Chris a douche? Don't mean to sound mean here...but if you think he's a douche then what is nice to you? Cos he's one of the nicest artists out there!

I will not bring my hopes up about this news about a live Viva La Vida world tour dvd flimed in barcelona untill i here about it on coldplay.com because i am sick of the media reporting that they are filming a live dvd when coldplay dont even confirm the press rumour because that drives me insane because they dont even confirm it on there site we have to ask if the press is right or not they dont even make a announcement on there website to say it's true or not because i really want them to release the live dvd please coldplay and emi/parlaphone records and done and dusted please release it even if i have to buy coldplays whole intier recordings again so they can have a bit of money so they can have the funding to do it if thats how it work in the music industry.

P.S. i advise you all to do the same if it does indeed work that way.

Yes

I would think that at it this point, it has to come. There was a couple shows last year where Chris himself mentions to the crowd that they're filming for a DVD, there has been a ton of footage and various mentions of it.

I mean, it'd be stupid not too. It's easy money from all the diehard Coldplay fans.

I was there! I WAS THERE!!! BCN 09!!! I went to the BCN concert amazing!!!

I was in the firts row just in front of johnny! and incredible if the DVD is realised I hope to see myself in there..

However I don't want to put many hopes in this because as it was said in the web there were some sound problems (which weren't noticed from I was). I think this DVD should be made and it will put up with the`problems.... HOPE BCN DVD!!!!

if you watch the Fantastico interview, the full one, that same viva video is in it, as well as clocks at the beginning, and fix you as well, all from barcelona, all in the same style...soo we know the footage is there at least

they surely had footage from Barcelona since that day we were told that they were going to film the show for a DVD!the problem is, will this DVD ever be released?:dozey:

i youd been to a show you would know and even if you didnt you would be able to tell from his actions that hes supposed to be "dying". hes acting out the mood he wants to set for the ending of the song. he's not "being such a douche" hes adding theatrics to Viva.

I agree with the older Coldplaying member....Coldplay still always sing, I think you have no idea what you're talking about. He still sings even when running into the crowd....

And if you've been to a show, you'll know that he lies down after Viva so that the whole crowd can keep on singing the whooaa ohhh part to bring him back up, then he starts Lost immediately.

Chris a douche? Don't mean to sound mean here...but if you think he's a douche then what is nice to you? Cos he's one of the nicest artists out there!

I have been to a show during this tour, I know full well what Chris does. I don't think there's any problem with lying down to add to the mood, and I know he still sings. But it's the overall effort. He spends most of his time dancing around like an idiot these days, which badly affects his singing. Watch the Lost! music video, he's dancing the whole time and he gets out of breath and makes singing a lesser priority. I just think he needs to go back to how he used to be; he used to focus on singing well and playing an instrument. Yes he still danced around on a few songs, but not the whole concert. He already isn't a fantastic live singer, and him focusing more on dancing just makes it that much worse. I just wish he'd take a chill pill and act more like he did in the good old days. Live 2003 days.

I completely disagree. I have been to the X&Y tour as well as VLV and VLV was so much more energetic, fun and just unforgettable! I am glad the guys picked up a new wave of energy when making VLV and translated it into entertaining superb live shows.

I have been to a show during this tour, I know full well what Chris does. I don't think there's any problem with lying down to add to the mood, and I know he still sings. But it's the overall effort. He spends most of his time dancing around like an idiot these days, which badly affects his singing. Watch the Lost! music video, he's dancing the whole time and he gets out of breath and makes singing a lesser priority. I just think he needs to go back to how he used to be; he used to focus on singing well and playing an instrument. Yes he still danced around on a few songs, but not the whole concert. He already isn't a fantastic live singer, and him focusing more on dancing just makes it that much worse. I just wish he'd take a chill pill and act more like he did in the good old days. Live 2003 days.

If you want perfect or near-perfect singing, pop in the VLV cd and wear your best pair of headphones :) Live shows, in my opinion, are not meant to be perfect liveless execution of the music, but rather a sharing and celebration of the music. We all danced at VLV concert and it was an unforgettable experience. I much prefer that to a concert where everyone sits perfectly still and the singer is flawless...yawn..

This.

The whole experience of a Viva show can leave you on a high, but if you listen to these things you do notice that.

They were amazing before X&Y

If you've been to a show this tour, you should definitely be able to tell that his voice sounds great in the video. I've went to 5 Coldplay concerts during the VLV Tour starting with the free MSG show and ending with the show at SPAC. His voice obviously improved as touring went on as it always does every time they tour. If you listen to the MSG recording then to the music video of the VLV performance you should hear the difference and how much better Chris is singing. Another example of this is when Coldplay did Glastonbury during the X&Y era, in my opinion they did the concert to close to the release date of the album and hadn't experimented enough with live audiences to provide the best concert. When you listen to that audio and audio from months after the concert, you see the improvement.

As for the jumping around, in the end, a live concert is a theatrical performance and they played bigger arenas this year. I believe it was in the interview Chris did when he sings about the interviewers favorite tree, that he says as you do bigger concerts you need to move in ways that people in the back can see as well as people in the front. As concerts get bigger and bigger, Chris needs to move around more and more to be able to add to the entertainment of each person in the crowd. If he just sat in his seat the entire time, the amount of people complaining about the boring stage show would be higher than the amount of people there just listening to the music. I believe this is especially true since after their 3rd and 4th albums, their concerts aren't just hardcore coldplay fans anymore.