✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay attend Strokes secret gig last night in London [09/06/10]

Mimixxx

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaybe not worthy of a whole thread, but some people don't frequent the individual member threads and hey news is slow on the ground these days.

Anyway I'm sure you're all dying to see Chris' new earring :P

Dan O'Connell At The "Secret" Strokes Gig

4342334.jpg

4342332.jpg

The Strokes haven’t played in four years. Anywhere. So pacing through Camden to get to Dingwalls is exciting enough. Anticiption for any gig is standard, but it’s understandably off the scale tonight. The first two people through the door hug and scream and bolt for the front.

The manager from Dingwalls had been sworn to secrecy just 48 hours before the gig and gleefully says, “We had to chuck three people out of the toilet earlier. They’d been in the cubicle since 11am.” That’s dedication. Only weekend rockstars are desperate enough to stick out a cubicle three deep.

Coldplay appear. Jonny Buckland from the band gives his name on the door. “No mate. You’re the fifth person tonight to give that name.” Chris Martin interjects. “He IS in Coldplay.”

4342333.jpg

The band appear. Casablancas bounds on to the stage like a body double for 'The Terminator'. From the side of stage, grown men scream for Albert Hammond Jnr.

'New York City Cops', 'The Modern Age' and 'Hard to Explain' get torn apart. For a band who, allegedly, haven’t sound checked this is incredible.

The surge down the front is intense. Casablancas jokes that “there’s a dead guy”. It looked like there was a few, to be honest.

The band have point blank refused crowd barriers. So girls are being dragged on to the stage and out the venue as the heat becomes too much for some to handle.

They’re also quite clearly not sticking to the set list that some had said they’ve seen. 'Last Nite' peaks mid-set and the sing-along is on. The crowd keep chanting “Venison” and the band smile to themselves.

The band leave the stage and return for an encore, with 'Take It Or Leave It' wrapping things up. Casablancas hasn’t over-indulged us with chat. He didn’t have to. But he thanks everybody by saying, “It was wonderful to share this with you.”

Humble rockstars are always the best rockstars.

http://www.xfm.co.uk/news/2010/dan-oconnell-at-the-secret-strokes-gig

Also picture tweeted at the gig of Chris as he was leaving (complete with new earring):

tumblr_l3s1ighX9m1qb1u57o1_500.jpg

Bigger, clearer pic in the spoiler. It was messing up the thread:

x2_1934d2d.jpg

ah, before I go to bed, here's Chris Martin escaping the mob after the gig... :P I'll come back tomorrow http://tweetphoto.com/26430765

x2_193fe32

http://tweetphoto.com/26476082

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like the earing, but ok, maybe it fits the new album,

and they might even be wearing leather pants ;p

Hahaha! What a thought! :laugh3: Although I like the earring. Least it's not one of those stupid bling diamond ones.

Well I love a man with an earring/earrings, I hope he gets a small hoop, I love them on a guy. In the USA when you get an earring I think you have to let it stay in at least 6 weeks before switching it out, not sure, so maybe he will switch it out, cause the dark ball isn't working for me:laugh3:

I don't like the earing, but ok, maybe it fits the new album,

and they might even be wearing leather pants ;p

Hahaha! What a thought! :laugh3: Although I like the earring. Least it's not one of those stupid bling diamond ones.
My awesome telepathy skills tell me the next item on his agenda: lower back tattoo

Well I love a man with an earring/earrings, I hope he gets a small hoop, I love them on a guy. In the USA when you get an earring I think you have to let it stay in at least 6 weeks before switching it out, not sure, so maybe he will switch it out, cause the dark ball isn't working for me:laugh3:
Yes, I remember when I was a kid I had to keep my first one in for a couple of months, and even then had to keep applying witch hazel to it. Ugh.

Can you imagine that scene? You're working in a piercing shop, and in walks Mr. Martin.

Piercer looks up from twiddling his/her thumbs: "How can I help you sir?"

Chris: "Yes, I'd like to get my ear(s) pierced please."

Piercer: "Sure, have a seat over there, I'll be right with you."

Piercer reaches into supply drawer whilst simultaneously thinking, "this is going to f*cking rule, I get to thrust metal through Chris mother-f*cking Martin's flesh... because he WANTS me to."

:smug:

Yes, I remember when I was a kid I had to keep my first one in for a couple of months, and even then had to keep applying witch hazel to it. Ugh.

Can you imagine that scene? You're working in a piercing shop, and in walks Mr. Martin.

Piercer looks up from twiddling his/her thumbs: "How can I help you sir?"

Chris: "Yes, I'd like to get my ear(s) pierced please."

Piercer: "Sure, have a seat over there, I'll be right with you."

Piercer reaches into supply drawer whilst simultaneously thinking, "this is going to f*cking rule, I get to thrust metal through Chris mother-f*cking Martin's flesh... because he WANTS me to."

:smug:

and at the end

Piercer: This won't hurt a bit Mr. Martin:evil:

Chris: Owwee... Son of a bitch:cry:take them out..take them out:cry: