🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

The 6th Mixtape Exchange (closed for entries)

Black Rose

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Completely beautiful opening track. Really getting me excited for the rest of the mixtape. Gorgeous horns, strings, choir, electronics.. I feel like I've heard it before somewhere, maybe in a movie?

2. My excitement for the tape continues. The transition from the last track to this was great. Very lovely electronic song with a nice voice. It's awesome getting music I wouldn't normally listen to on my own, but love nonetheless.

3. More of a "band" sound now. Good bass, nice voice. The cohesiveness of the tape continues. <3

4. Mm, I feel like I've heard this song before.. or at least the vocalist. Pretty good lyrics and mood. DON'T NEED YOU TELLING ME HOWWWW.

5. Female vocalist, woo! Although, this is probably my least faborite so far.. But I still really enjoy the track.

6. Wow awesome beginning, haha. 80's? I think yes? I giggled. I think the synthesizers are a biiit too much for me. :lol:

7. More sythesizers! Eeeehh, not really my type of song at all. A little to electronic, and I didn't really enjoy the singer.

8. Still pretty electronic, but I like this one better. "Make the beats go harder" part is good.

9. Ooooh, like. Vocalist is awesome. Is that a bari sax in the background? Bahahha, weird song. I like it a lot! What language is that at one point? :lol:

10. Piano beginning. Then into greatness.. with more saxaphones, haha. Love this guys voice. I am surprised with how few people I recognize on the tape.. I love it, haha. And what language is THIS? Falsetto is brilliant.

11. Mm, acoustic guitar. Tracks 6 and 7 kinda brough me down, but the whole tape definitely picked back up again. This song is pretty brilliant. Love the acoustic/electric swithes, and the background voices.

12. Cool strings, familar vocalist, interesting lyrics. Really lovely track.

13. Mm, pretty sounding beginning. Not so sure about the lyrics, but they work with the female singer. The build up is quite nice, really cool song. Not something I'd usually enjoy.

14. Part one, it says. Something I WOULD listen to, hahaha. Liking the quick build up and harp. Reminds me of Florence Welch tracks.

14. Part two. IS THIS A FLORENCE WELCH TRACK? Hahahhaa, it is, the voice is unmistakable.. But I've never heard it! I feel pretty cool having called it with the harps. Dancing a little, fantastic song.

15. Okay voice, but the violins and acoutics drew me in. Where have I heard this before?? Like the end a lot. A lot a lot.

16. Last track, and awesome so far. Swingy beat, older sounding.. is this Janis? MY LOVE? JANIS? I think my mixtaper just sealed the deal on me really

enjoying the tape. Thank you so much, it was obvious you really tried to make a good tape.. and you succeeded! If I had one complaint, it was that it was a bit dull for a few tracks, but it picked up again right away. :heart: :nice:

Hi William!

I'm April. And I made you mixtape. Yay! :dance:

And the Church's song was acoustic, I'm sorry. I forgot to put that in!

After you put in the lyrics from You Get What You Give, I can see what you mean... I didn't interprete it in that way. :)

I think it would be a very good idea to a-ha live: at the moment they're on their farewell tour, until they break up in December. AND THEY'RE NOT COMING TO AUSTRALIA!! :whip: I'm not happy 'bout that. Go see them if you can!

And don't worry about you're paranoia about American artists. I hate Australians. :dance:. Americans are out to get you?? :laugh3: Scary stuff. :heart:

Naming and Shaming Time[/size]

The following 5 users have Failed to submit a mixtape:

anoukjordannes

yamfox

j007casper

KellieP

Naughty Naughty to those 5 but I had enough spares to cover them :)

Mr. Dave, did you send in my mixtape to one of them? :shy:

also i can't listen to my mixtape(the one i recieved) Help!

It'll help, if you're a bit more specific. What kind of format did you receive? zip or rar achive?

Do you know how to unpack them? Or is it the single files you can't listen to?

Do you have Windows Media Player or itunes on your PC?

To unpack zip files download one of these:

http://www.winzip.com/downwz.htm

http://www.stuffit.com/

To unpack rar archives download this:

http://www.winrar.de/download.php

Hope it helps!

No prob :)

Just send me the link I'll try to do that as soon as I can!

Currently downloading yours :)

Don't think I'll have the time to review it tonight though... It will be done by the weekend hopefully!

EDIT: my internet is crap

Thankyou :hug:, My internet is crap too, we've had like 6 powercuts in 2 months and they still haven't fixed the dodgy cable :angry:

I'm just downloading my mixtape right now.. I sort of effed up this exchange, bahahahha. But now all is well. Sorry to whoever got me, a short review will be up in the next day or so. :nice:

Hello, I'm Camille :D No problem about the delay.

First I'd like to thank you cause I enjoyed reading your review and I'm glad you took time to appreciate the mixtape. I'm also glad I've been paired with a girl this time (sorry William hehe) cause it's rare to find people who enjoy female voices as much as I do on a Coldplay board. So yeah... I was happy to get you, especially when I had a look at your lastfm page.

1. Completely beautiful opening track. Really getting me excited for the rest of the mixtape. Gorgeous horns, strings, choir, electronics.. I feel like I've heard it before somewhere, maybe in a movie?

Sure, that's The Island's OST but this track has since been used in many trailers like Elizabeth: The Golden Age (awesome trailer btw).

2. My excitement for the tape continues. The transition from the last track to this was great. Very lovely electronic song with a nice voice. It's awesome getting music I wouldn't normally listen to on my own, but love nonetheless.

Thanks a lot for noticing this. I do always pay much attention to the transition between songs cause I want the songs to flow perfectly all through the tape.

I'm happy I enabled you to discover Clarion Call from Delphic then.

3. More of a "band" sound now. Good bass, nice voice. The cohesiveness of the tape continues. <3

Great, I discovered this song (Home from Animal Kingdom) via the last mixtape exchange, I believe it's was Tauiwi's tape to Sofia, right?

4. Mm, I feel like I've heard this song before.. or at least the vocalist. Pretty good lyrics and mood. DON'T NEED YOU TELLING ME HOWWWW.

Well, I didn't find Eels on your lastfm but I wouldn't be surprised if you knew them indeed. This song is Not Ready Yet, I love this mood too. Actually the only thing I was 100% sure about before starting the mixtape was that I would use this song to introduce the following one which is...

5. Female vocalist, woo! Although, this is probably my least faborite so far.. But I still really enjoy the track.

HOW (yes, that's the title, now you get the ''pun'') from The Cranberries.

Basically, The Cranberries are my very fav band ever, and How one of the track I like the most from them (1993, getting a bit old, isn't it?).

Since you like female voice, I encourage you to check them on youtube (though you might already know their most famous hits like Zombie, Ode To My Family or Just My Imagination) because Dolores O'Riordan has the most beautiful voice ever (propaganda :D). Heart of the mixtape ;)

6. Wow awesome beginning, haha. 80's? I think yes? I giggled. I think the synthesizers are a biiit too much for me. :lol:

Ahah yeah sorry, actually my goal was to introduce you to foreign bands though I know it's hard to appreciate something you can't understand, so I chose this song from Les Rita Mitsouko (feat. the Sparks) cause they were singing in English.

They're French ( and I am, so it's like my ''I'm prouf of my country'' part of the mixtape :D) and they're kinda the pioneer of an alternative (punk) rock music in France; they're quite a legend for me. Once again, maybe you could check their most famous songs like Marcia Baila (biggest success, deals with cancer which was like very impressive back in the 80s), Andy or C'est comme ça.

7. More sythesizers! Eeeehh, not really my type of song at all. A little to electronic, and I didn't really enjoy the singer.

I'm verry sorry about that. I also wanted to give you a preview of my personality and my tastes so I needed to put some Gossip in there, though I thought it'd be boring cause they're getting a bit too popular. Choosing this Simian Mobile Disco song which features Beth Ditto (Gossip's singer) was thus my way of putting a ''Beth's touch'' in here. I'm sorry you're not into her voice, but fair enough, I can understand that and this track is not that brilliant indeed ;)

8. Still pretty electronic, but I like this one better. "Make the beats go harder" part is good.

Ahah I saw on your lastfm you knew a few Garbage tracks so I was afraid you'd recognize this one (Push It), my fav from them. Good it sounded new to you!

9. Ooooh, like. Vocalist is awesome. Is that a bari sax in the background? Bahahha, weird song. I like it a lot! What language is that at one point? :lol:

I'm afraid I can't answer your technical questions, I suck at this :D

Actually I'm trying to learn Polish so I wanted to include some of my fav Polish bands in there, but once again I had to put something which was sung in English not to loose you. Glad you liked it, maybe you can listen to W Sam Raz from the same band (Czesław Śpiewa) ;)

10. Piano beginning. Then into greatness.. with more saxaphones, haha. Love this guys voice. I am surprised with how few people I recognize on the tape.. I love it, haha. And what language is THIS? Falsetto is brilliant.

That's Kaizers Orchestra, a Norwegian band, I believe. As I don't understand the lyrics either, I thought you wouldn't mind listening to something you couldn't understand this time, cause it's all a matter of music and I do like this track a lot.

11. Mm, acoustic guitar. Tracks 6 and 7 kinda brough me down, but the whole tape definitely picked back up again. This song is pretty brilliant. Love the acoustic/electric swithes, and the background voices.

Touched from VAST. I don't know this band that much but I once heard this track and felt in love with it. I believe I tried more songs from this band once, but they were a bit too dark for me so... I'll stick to this one :P

12. Cool strings, familar vocalist, interesting lyrics. Really lovely track.

Familiar indeed, that's the very famous Peter Gabriel (who used to be the lead singer of Genesis). His last album is only made of covers and I thought this one was brilliant so... here it is, awesome lyrics indeed.

13. Mm, pretty sounding beginning. Not so sure about the lyrics, but they work with the female singer. The build up is quite nice, really cool song. Not something I'd usually enjoy.

Oops, sorry again. That's another legend, Sinead O'Connor's Troy. I wasn't too sure about putting that on the mixtape but I find it ultra moving (if you don't mind hearing that again, I'd suggest this breathtaking live version: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-kd5QO8fyE]YouTube- Sinéad O'Connor - Troy (Live)[/ame] ) and I thought you could enjoy it. Anyway, must have seem a bit long too you then, sorry.

14. Part one, it says. Something I WOULD listen to, hahaha. Liking the quick build up and harp. Reminds me of Florence Welch tracks.

AHHH YEAH ME. I'm so verry happy cause I knew you loved Florence and I checked every single song of Florence you knew and I noticed you didn't have the collector versions of her album so I decided to include one of the tracks you hadn't scrobbled on lastfm. Right choice, yipee! Enjoy it that's the Bird Song!

14. Part two. IS THIS A FLORENCE WELCH TRACK? Hahahhaa, it is, the voice is unmistakable.. But I've never heard it! I feel pretty cool having called it with the harps. Dancing a little, fantastic song.

I love Flo :D

15. Okay voice, but the violins and acoutics drew me in. Where have I heard this before?? Like the end a lot. A lot a lot.

Nowhere actually :D That's a brand new and unknown band who were opening for the Cranberries during their European tour these last two months, and as I saw the Crans like 12 times, I got used to hear Outside Royalty. This track is called Voice Beneath The Rubble ;)

16. Last track, and awesome so far. Swingy beat, older sounding.. is this Janis? MY LOVE? JANIS? I think my mixtaper just sealed the deal on me really

enjoying the tape. Thank you so much, it was obvious you really tried to make a good tape.. and you succeeded! If I had one complaint, it was that it was a bit dull for a few tracks, but it picked up again right away. :heart: :nice:

Yeah me again:cool: I love to end my mixtapes with impressive oldies, and when I saw you liked Dylan and Janis I hesitated a bit but that track was just perfect to close such a mixtape. This is Kozmic Blues, my fav track from her. That was a special touch for you ;)

So, thanks for listening and enjoying it, hope I didn't bore you too much.

By the way I made the cover by myself which includes the eye from Eels' cover and a cover of The Cranberries ;)

image1j.jpg

Here is my tracklist:

x - Name of the song - Artist (Album)

01 – My Name Is Lincoln – Steve Jablonsky (The Island OST)

02 – Clarion Call – Delphic (Acolyte)

03 – Home – Animal Kingdom (Signs And Wonders)

04 – Not Ready Yet – Eels (Beautiful Freak)

05 – How – The Cranberries (Everybody Else Is Doing It So Why Can’t We?)

06 – Singing In The Shower – Les Rita Mitsouko (Marc & Robert)

07 – Cruel Intentions – Simian Mobile Disco feat. Beth Ditto (Temporary Pleasure)

08 – Push It – Garbage (Version 2.0)

09 – Pożegnanie Małego Wojownika - Czesław Śpiewa (Pop)

10 – Di Grind – Kaizers Orchestra (Evig Pint)

11 – Touched – Vast (Visual Audio Sensory Theater)

12 – Listening Wind (Talking Heads) – Peter Gabriel (Scratch My Back)

13 – Troy – Sinéad O'Connor (The Lion And The Cobra)

14 – Bird Song (Intro) – Florence + The Machine (Lungs)

15 – Bird Song – Florence + The Machine (Lungs)

16 – Voice Beneath The Rubble – Outside Royalty (All Nights Out)

17 – Kozmic Blues – Janis Joplin (I Got Dem Ol’ Kozmic Blues Again, Mama)

Link to dl:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=U4N5KVYI

image1j.jpg

Here is my tracklist:

x - Name of the song - Artist (Album)

01 – My Name Is Lincoln – Steve Jablonsky (The Island OST)

02 – Clarion Call – Delphic (Acolyte)

03 – Home – Animal Kingdom (Signs And Wonders)

04 – Not Ready Yet – Eels (Beautiful Freak)

05 – How – The Cranberries (Everybody Else Is Doing It So Why Can’t We?)

06 – Singing In The Shower – Les Rita Mitsouko (Marc & Robert)

07 – Cruel Intentions – Simian Mobile Disco feat. Beth Ditto (Temporary Pleasure)

08 – Push It – Garbage (Version 2.0)

09 – Pożegnanie Małego Wojownika - Czesław Śpiewa (Pop)

10 – Di Grind – Kaizers Orchestra (Evig Pint)

11 – Touched – Vast (Visual Audio Sensory Theater)

12 – Listening Wind (Talking Heads) – Peter Gabriel (Scratch My Back)

13 – Troy – Sinéad O'Connor (The Lion And The Cobra)

14 – Bird Song (Intro) – Florence + The Machine (Lungs)

15 – Bird Song – Florence + The Machine (Lungs)

16 – Voice Beneath The Rubble – Outside Royalty (All Nights Out)

17 – Kozmic Blues – Janis Joplin (I Got Dem Ol’ Kozmic Blues Again, Mama)

Link to dl:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=U4N5KVYI

I'll give this one a whirl in the car sometime, thanks! :thumbsup:

Finally got my mixtape.

TRACK ONE: After some research, It turned out to be Nantes, by Beirut. Really liked this song!. Catchy, simple, short. Already heard about Beirut before, I'll try to get to know more about them.

TRACK TWO: Couldn't find out this song's identity. But it's amazing! Folk rock always sounds magic, you can't go wrong with it!

TRACK THREE: Start Wearing Purple, by Gogol Bordello. Well, didn't like this one. It sounds weird, and it has silly lyrics.

TRACK FOUR: Don't Mix Your Drinks, by Elbow. Already knew Elbow, but I had never heard this song. Not as amazing as Grounds For Divorce and One Day Like This, but it's still a nice and simple song.

TRACK FIVE: Cosmic Love, by Florence and the Machine. Another nice song, has an undescribable sounding. You must hear it to understand.

TRACK SIX: That I didn't even need to search for, Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want, by The Smiths. Morrisey's voice in unique, you can recognize it miles away. Short, simple, brilliant, as they usually are.

TRACK SEVEN: Unknown song. But another amazing one! I just love celtic, Jethro Tull-ish sounding music!

TRACK EIGHT: Better Times, by Beach House. Didn't like it. Too emotive for me.

TRACK NINE: Tigerlily, by La Roux. Didn't like either. Don't like eletronic/psy/house music.

TRACK TEN: Unkwnown song. Didn't like it. Actually, I don't know exactly why I didn't like, but, well, I didn't.

TRACK ELEVEN: Another one I didn't even need to search for, Don't Think Twice, It's All Right by Bob Dylan. Dylan's voice is also unique, and his soungs are always simple. Amazing!

TRACK TWELVE: Wow, brazilian music! Can You Feel The Knife, by Cansei de Ser Sexy. Really nice! Another simple pop rock song, just as I like.

TRACK THIRTEEN: Jolene, by The White Stripes. Again, catchy and simple song. Already heard about WS and, even thought I don't really know them, I know they're good.

TRACK FOURTEEN: Eleanor, by The Turtles. OMG, I'd never heard a song with "et cetera" in its lyrics :laugh3: But, focusing on the song itself, it's a really nice one!

TRACK FIFTEEN: You! Me! Dancing!, by Los Campesinos!. Sounds a lot like 42 and has silly lirycs, but other than that, a really nice song!

TRACK SIXTEEN: Unknown song. Simple, subtle and quiet.

TRACK SEVENTEEN: Unknown song. Good'n'ol' piano, nothing is simpler than that.

Sorry if I got repetitive at some point, but I didn't know what else to say :confused:

Great, I discovered this song (Home from Animal Kingdom) via the last mixtape exchange, I believe it's was Tauiwi's tape to Sofia, right?

Haha seems last time's tape got around a bit. Yeah, people, check out the band "Animal Kingdom", from the UK. Seriously. It's nice, soft indie rock.

Absolutely right! I remember you told me "Oh your #2 is great!"

It was Signs And Wonders by Animal Kingdom (awesome song btw!). I remember when we found the album too :D

Haha seems last time's tape got around a bit. Yeah, people, check out the band "Animal Kingdom", from the UK. Seriously. It's nice, soft indie rock.

Haha, it did! And more than you think :rolleyes:

Yeah, he's right, you should check out this great band, their album is good!

So here is my review of the Mix Tape I got! First, many thanks to the person who made it for me! My English is not really good, but I hope you’ll understand!

Track 1 (8/10)

Lovely guitar melodies! Two guitars and also the drums, sounds really great together with his nice voice! Great to begin with, really good lyrics! Like it! Which band is it?

Track 2 (7/10)

Again guitar, sounds good! Don’t like his voice that much, but it’s OK! Crazy catchy song, with crazy lyrics… But I like it! I absolutely hate that weird sounding instrument at the end together with that clapping, awful… But the guitar outro is amazing! The song was stuck in my head for two days!

Track 3 (8/10)

Guitar again! Wow! Amazing melody building up with the drums, bass, and second guitar! Great voice too, with great Lyrics, wants to sing along! Really like both guitars during the entire song, the one playing the melody and the other guitar, especially in the last chorus! Also the drum solo, and the bass solo are awesome! Really like it! Want to know which band this is!

Track 4 (6/10)

No guitars this time! Really Electronic sounding song… I don’t like this genre most of the time… But this song is OK! Catchy melody, with strange synthesizers… Hard to understand the lyrics… Especially the weird voices in the end of course… The ending is boring, the sound just fades away…

Track 5 (8/10)

Again Electronic… Don’t like the beginning, sounds like a million phones going off at the same time… But as the song starts, it becomes really good! Like the melody during the entire song! Awesome voice he has! (For one moment I thought it was Tom Chaplin) Lovely Chorus too! Guitar solo is great! Ending is lovely… Really nice song, I really don’t like this genre that much, but this is a really awesome song!

Track 6 (7/10)

Heard this one before I think... No idea from who it is… Lovely melody, great voice! Don’t like the ending though, with that weird synthesizer sounding…

Track 7 (7/10)

Begins with some random laughing… And then drum solo which goes on the hole song.. Great voice with a lovely melody during the Chorus! Awesome guitar, and bass together with piano… Also heard this one before I think… Not really good in remembering band names… Nice ending!

Track 8 (7/10)

Nice song… Like his voice! Heard this song before too, I think… Nothing special, catchy melody… But not something I want to listen to all day! The ending is good!

Track 9 (8/10)

Whistling! I love to whistle! Starts whistling along with it… Finally a female voice, together with a male voice! Like both voices, they sound great together! Really like the melody! Absolutely not something I would listen normally… But this is great! Funny lyrics, and nicely done with both voices! Singing along after the first time listening to it!

Track 10 (7/10)

Finally acoustic guitar! Great voice! Lovely song… No idea who this is…

Track 11 (6/10)

Vinyl rip? Some strange violins… Drums… His voice is good! Like the Chorus! But overall I don't really like it...

Track 12 (7/10)

Radiohead! It’s called “Fog” right? Also a Radiohead fan, so I recognised his voice instantly of course! Love this song! Really like that bass ending!

Track 13 (7/10)

Acoustic guitar! Lovely melody! I wish I could play that! Nice voice… Great lyrics! “As long as there is some kind of view…” Lovely ending! Lovely song!

Track 14 (7/10)

Weird intro… Like this song! His voice is great! Lovely woman voice in the background! Nice guitar!

Track 15 (5/10)

Another weird intro.. And a weird song too! Weird electronic sounds, voice is OK… Song gets a bit better at the end, but I just don’t like this song… Sorry…

Track 16 (7/10)

African song? Cool drums! Great voices! Don’t understand a bit of what they are singing… Catchy melody! Different, but nice!

Track 17 (7/10)

Dance, dance, dance… I know this song! She’s Norwegian or something right? Really lovely voice! Lovely lyrics too! Great guitar, and great voices at the end!

Track 18 (

Piano, guitar… Great voice and Lyrics! Great ending of this Mix Tape, cause it sounds okay! (Better then that)

I really loved listening to the Mix Tape! There was only 1 song I really knew, and some that I recognise... Especially Track 5 and 9 were a suprise, It's just not my type of music that I like... But these songs are really good! Thanks for introducing me to these knew songs! Really want to see the tracklist to check out some of these bands!