✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

For and Against

Guest howyousawtheworld

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For - The meaning of their songs; the sound of their music which is perfect to my ears;the positive attitude of the guys; they don't do drugs, they care for envrionmental issues and other causes; they give over than 100% of them on stage about their perfomances; the choosing of the colors to this new album....

Something like this for me, too.

Against - ETIAW, people like Lindsay Lohan having anything to do with Coldplay(not that it's the band's fault)

Fangirls, please don't get mad at me for writing this. This just my opinion, and I respect anyone else's so I hope you can respect mine.

I LOVE Coldplay.....'s old stuff.

The new stuff is just different, too different, not a good different either.

Different should be good. Not this.

For one, i know what Chris was able to write in the past and I know the kind've music they used to be able to make. Beautiful music. Perfect music. Music they really meant and music you could feel the passion and energy in.

The new stuff. I feel no energy. I feel no passion. I feel four guys who are getting incredibly lazy with the music making business. The new songs are just smothered in pre recorded noise and drum machines (maybe to cover up the awful lyrics), and when they aren't, the melodies sound exactly the same as some of the old ones.

And those lyrics.

I just, I hope the album is COMPLETELY different from what they've been releasing because if it isn't, I am so fucked. :cry:

For

I love their music and the mysterious atmosphere in it, I love the live performances and the simple style without "too" but I love the fireworks (the only thing "too" of coldplay).

Against

I hate the promotion with celebs with fake stories as we had on Los Angeles with the "attacked Avril" and wife gossips girls blah blah

For.... That they have the Balls to try new things, despite what others think.

Agreed. I respect others who do not like their new style, but to my opinion I'm glad they change time to time new sounds, new dressing, new kind of lyrics as long as they keep loyal to themselves and to the fans. They have a terrific carreer in 10 years that I believe ETIAWF means a joy of what they have achieved, so the colors on it, and the lyrics being not so "classic"...they were driven into a new direction as to celebrate their carreer in this album. It's how I see it.

For- EVERYTHING THEY HAVE MADE SO FAR

Against - Nothing ar'all ... Well, maybe they should have more merchandise, like posters available (from what I've seen in their web store, they only sell a limited amount of clothing stuff)

As long as they keep being and making awesome stuff, they are the most epic thing ever made in the world.

For: Every thing. I love most things about Coldplay, but my main reason to like them it that they understand me. And made my young teenager years so much better.

Against: All the stage clothes. They don't need all that.

For: nice music, great lyrics; they're nice people, respect fans and each other. (not arrogant and dickheads as most of famous people in music industry), Charismatic and funny lead singer

Against: Chris' high pitches (sometimes) , too much self-deprecating and very defensive approach about their success (though I do respect the modesty and at some point it was even funny .. but now it's been getting boring and is another cause for haters )

For - more collaborations with the fans and less with paparazzis

Againts - Less collaborations with U2 .

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkqyV3oL8oQ]‪bono and chris martin - what's going on‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

off thread I made treads on the Lounge .

coldplay is coldplay and U2 is U2

For

I love their music and the mysterious atmosphere in it, I love the live performances and the simple style without "too" but I love the fireworks (the only thing "too" of coldplay).

Against

I hate the promotion with celebs with fake stories as we had on Los Angeles with the "attacked Avril" and wife gossips girls blah blah

exactly said here

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78405&page=2

Guest howyousawtheworld
Fangirls, please don't get mad at me for writing this. This just my opinion, and I respect anyone else's so I hope you can respect mine.

I LOVE Coldplay.....'s old stuff.

The new stuff is just different, too different, not a good different either.

Different should be good. Not this.

For one, i know what Chris was able to write in the past and I know the kind've music they used to be able to make. Beautiful music. Perfect music. Music they really meant and music you could feel the passion and energy in.

The new stuff. I feel no energy. I feel no passion. I feel four guys who are getting incredibly lazy with the music making business. The new songs are just smothered in pre recorded noise and drum machines (maybe to cover up the awful lyrics), and when they aren't, the melodies sound exactly the same as some of the old ones.

And those lyrics.

I just, I hope the album is COMPLETELY different from what they've been releasing because if it isn't, I am so fucked. :cry:

I think the electronic poppy gizmo sounds are pretty awesome and barring ETIAW the lyrics are not bad. In fact in some cases like Moving To Mars and Charlie Brown I think they're very good. Certainly 10 times an improvement over "Those who are dead are not dead" and "you cut me down a tree and brought it back to me and that's what made me see". And I don't think the band are lazy. I get the impression they are having the time of their lives with these new songs. They seem really "in to them" on stage....heck I've even seen Guy move around a bit when playing Hurts Like Heaven! To me they sound like they've found the perfect remedy for what could be a fantastic pop album.