✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Walking Dead

a-chan

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the walking dead and i started watching the tv show then soon read all the comics and unfortunately after reading the comics you start to hate the choices made for the tv show :/ the governor is a lot better in the comics
Really? I was under the impression that people who read the comics liked how the show diverges a bit, because then people aren't "bored" knowing what is going to happen. And since the creators of the comic are the ones making the show, it's good for them creatively as well to have another crack at it, so to speak.

The Governor will turn into more of the comic book character now; I think the point was to kind of build up how he turned so evil, and he's turning the evil corner now.

Do you watch the "Talking Dead" show that's on afterward? It's a little insightful, and overall entertaining.

Really? I was under the impression that people who read the comics liked how the show diverges a bit, because then people aren't "bored" knowing what is going to happen. And since the creators of the comic are the ones making the show, it's good for them creatively as well to have another crack at it, so to speak.

The Governor will turn into more of the comic book character now; I think the point was to kind of build up how he turned so evil, and he's turning the evil corner now.

Do you watch the "Talking Dead" show that's on afterward? It's a little insightful, and overall entertaining.

I'm nearing issue 40 in the comics, and while the comics Governor is an awful (in the best way possible!) character, I absolutely love how different he is for the show. The Governor in the comics is very comic-ish, and that would not work well for any television show. You have to have some diversity.

I love both versions, honestly. And, of course, TV Governor is already losing his shit. That, and the fact his story will last up to Season 4, he's going to become a person you don't want to fuck with.

I dont watch the talking dead too much ive seen it once or twice

but when you read the comic you start to see the choice's made the pros and cons of both like i liked tv shane alot more and i liked him staying around more i wouldve liked him here longer and see how he would react over judith.

but then they go overboard with ricks craziness. he never got that bad in the comics and not its just something that seems like its meant to be filler storyline.

I dont know just a lot of the tv show annoys me. it has turned into a show where they bring in characters just to kill them which really frustrates me.

Walking dead is about how people turn in an apocalyptic state and your supposed to be able to look back at rick in the hospital and say wow i dont even remember that guy what happened. i dont see that in the tv show yet.

its too much action and not enough character interaction

also anyone catch how in last episode they mentioned theyve only been in the prison for a week..

seriously slow the show down a bit. im tired of it. but im sure im in the minority.

I dont know i just love the comics, right now the governor seems a little too nice in the tv show. I guess ill have to wait until he becomes the real governor i want to see him just have humanity left and want nothing but to kill he seems way to nice in the tv show.

Yes, because you have to build-up his path to fucking psychopath. Comics are not television. In comics, you can start him off as a psychopath because the author wants you to know he is a psychopath. In a television show, and especially for TWD, that's jumping the gun.

Clearly, The Governor has been messed up since he was first introduced to us. Now, however, with Penny dead and an eye short, he seems and is very pissed.

I wish people would understand the show and the comics are two different things. I would hate watching a show where absolutely nothing was changed from its source material.

but when you read the comic you start to see the choice's made the pros and cons of both like i liked tv shane alot more and i liked him staying around more i wouldve liked him here longer and see how he would react over judith.

I really liked Shane. You never knew what he was going to do.

Since the whole 'let's break Randall's neck and kill Rick' fiasco, you could say the reason they are at the prison is because of Shane. Because of his conflict with Randall's fate between him and Rick, this drove Shane to break the guys beck in the woods, only to make it look like something else happened.

This ultimately drove Shane and Rick into the same area, where Rick had no choice but to kill his friend. Carl, who killed zombified Shane, and caught the attention fo the herd, would never had to have done that if they had just killed Randall in the first place.

but then they go overboard with ricks craziness. he never got that bad in the comics and not its just something that seems like its meant to be filler storyline.

I'm sorry, what? Which comics were you reading? Rick's current crazy level is almost baby-like compared how to insane he went in the comics. Remember the phone call Rick answered after him and Carl left the prison? Rick didn't just sit and listen to a person over the phone. He fucking went and tried to find the people that didn't exist.

Comics Rick was batshit insane by the time the prison arc ended. TV Rick is just getting there. So, no, this is not filler.

I dont know just a lot of the tv show annoys me. it has turned into a show where they bring in characters just to kill them which really frustrates me.

The comic has done the exact same thing.

its too much action and not enough character interaction.

wat. People were turned off by Season 2 because there was too little action and too much character interaction. (Even though I personally prefer Season 2 over Season 1.)

also anyone catch how in last episode they mentioned theyve only been in the prison for a week..

Hershel stated it's only been a week since Judith was born. They have been in the prison much longer than that.

Yes, because you have to build-up his path to fucking psychopath. Comics are not television. In comics, you can start him off as a psychopath because the author wants you to know he is a psychopath. In a television show, and especially for TWD, that's jumping the gun.

Clearly, The Governor has been messed up since he was first introduced to us. Now, however, with Penny dead and an eye short, he seems and is very pissed.

I wish people would understand the show and the comics are two different things. I would hate watching a show where absolutely nothing was changed from its source material.

I really liked Shane. You never knew what he was going to do.

Since the whole 'let's break Randall's neck and kill Rick' fiasco, you could say the reason they are at the prison is because of Shane. Because of his conflict with Randall's fate between him and Rick, this drove Shane to break the guys beck in the woods, only to make it look like something else happened.

This ultimately drove Shane and Rick into the same area, where Rick had no choice but to kill his friend. Carl, who killed zombified Shane, and caught the attention fo the herd, would never had to have done that if they had just killed Randall in the first place.

I'm sorry, what? Which comics were you reading? Rick's current crazy level is almost baby-like compared how to insane he went in the comics. Remember the phone call Rick answered after him and Carl left the prison? Rick didn't just sit and listen to a person over the phone. He fucking went and tried to find the people that didn't exist.

Comics Rick was batshit insane by the time the prison arc ended. TV Rick is just getting there. So, no, this is not filler.

The comic has done the exact same thing.

wat. People were turned off by Season 2 because there was too little action and too much character interaction. (Even though I personally prefer Season 2 over Season 1.)

Hershel stated it's only been a week since Judith was born. They have been in the prison much longer than that.

In the comics they did have one novel (six issues) on the whole phone thing then rick found out it was lori they strayed away from it they never went really looking for them. But rick's use of the telephone later on was shown just to comfort him

idk in this version hes seeing visions and i think its a little much

in the comic they make a character out of the characters it wasnt until tonight that we actually found out about axel then he gets killed. (you follow me lol) but idk this show seems to have taken a turn for the worst

the mentality of all action all time is killing it.

also i agreed with you onthe shane thing i loved his arc on the tv show and they really expanded the character well.

also i do agree on the governor I do appreciate them expanding on his character but ill give my full review on him toward the end of his arc

I'm also bummed that Axel got axed. I was looking forward to a Daryl/Carol/Axel love drama; that could have been an interesting storyline.

:lol:We're such girls... that's exactly what I was thinking:D Axel:stunned: that came out of left field, "I didn't read the comics", and one minute I am enjoying some flirting going on, thinking in my girly mind, "Hmmm, Daryl... Axel....Carol... good story...Li...." BAM shot through the head...... dang it, then I thought "Ok back to Carol and Daryl":P

The Gov is ruthless..... I really like Hershal!!