✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

On Sexuality, is it the person's choice or are you born that way?

ivet

I think it's just your personality, not really your choice and you're not born that way. You just develop your own style, and for some people, sexuality is part of that.

I don't think that bisexuality is a style that I adopted or that it is part of my 'own style' :\

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It isn't a choice, I first realized I was attracted to girls around 12 and I spent a good couple of years trying to force myself not to be, no I'm fine with it and nearly everyone was very accepting of me but it's not so easy for many other people, do you really think they would choose that hardship for fun?.

It isn't a choice, I first realized I was attracted to girls around 12 and I spent a good couple of years trying to force myself not to be, no I'm fine with it and nearly everyone was very accepting of me but it's not so easy for many other people, do you really think they would choose that hardship for fun?.

Exactly.

I tried to teach myself to be attracted to girls. I gave it my best shot, honestly. Didn't work.

I think people are born with it, but I also think that people who would have been heterosexual can become homosexual because of the way certain events in their life affect them. I think that something(s) can happen that cause a person to become homosexual. And I think people can "choose" it too, but to me that's less believable cause it would seem too much like a conscious choice of who you're going to be attracted to rather than who you actually FEEL attracted to.

I think people are born with it, but I also think that people who would have been heterosexual can become homosexual because of the way certain events in their life affect them. I think that something(s) can happen that cause a person to become homosexual. And I think people can "choose" it too, but to me that's less believable cause it would seem too much like a conscious choice of who you're going to be attracted to rather than who you actually FEEL attracted to.

I completely and totally agree with this one. I hadn't thought of that, but yeah, I think it's quite true.

This question was brought up because of what a few people were discussing in my class today. Both guys are YOU AIN'T BORN LIKE THAT, THAT'S A BUNCH OF CRAP. YOU CHOOSE TO BE THAT WAY.

And i'm sitting there thinking about it and how they can be so ignorant and hateful, too. :sick:

This question was brought up because of what a few people were discussing in my class today. Both guys are YOU AIN'T BORN LIKE THAT, THAT'S A BUNCH OF CRAP. YOU CHOOSE TO BE THAT WAY.

And i'm sitting there thinking about it and how they can be so ignorant and hateful, too. :sick:

They are idiots. People have been known to kill themselves over their sexuality so that alone proves to me beyond any doubt that they do not have a choice in the matter.

That is so wrong in so many ways. Fuck them.

Exactly.

I tried to teach myself to be attracted to girls. I gave it my best shot, honestly. Didn't work.

I think alot of young gay/lez people try and force themselves to be attracted to the oppisite sex, if anything from my own expirience looking back on it I wish I had just accepted myself sooner, it would have caused alot less unhappiness.

Glad you came through it all ok too though:).

Some people are just really narrow minded and say things that they don't realize is really hurtful, someone told me quite recently they thought it would be wrong if I had children because having 2 mothers wouldn't be good for the child growing up.Having 2 people that care for and really love that child is better than it being unwanted surely? but no they disagreed and were completly stubborn and ignorant.

this.

Some people are just really narrow minded and say things that they don't realize is really hurtful, someone told me quite recently they thought it would be wrong if I had children because having 2 mothers wouldn't be good for the child growing up.Having 2 people that care for and really love that child is better than it being unwanted surely? but no they disagreed and were completly stubborn and ignorant.

I had a similar conversation with someone and they told me that it just wasn't how it's suppose to be, that it was against nature. That the relationship wouldn't be fruitful, basically homosexual parents are poisonous. It's not the same as having a father/mother normal family, etc, etc.

He wasn't really against homosexual relationships, he didn't care, but he had a strong opinion on them not having or adopting children.

*And of course- this friend has been lining up at the door of the adoption agencies, offering to rescue these needy children, right?

*Parenting skills are not based on what's happening in the bedroom.

*Teach the children to respect everyone, and to respect couples' privacy when that bedroom door is closed, whatever sort of couple is there.

No, you don't choose to be gay. If you're not attracted to the opposite gender, you're not attracted to the opposite gender, simple as that. I think this is a very poor and disrespectful way to think of homosexuals, because it implies that they are simply too "lazy" to be straight.

I also don't really think that you become gay due to your upbringing or your experiences in life. I've had quite a big discussion with a former friend about this, the gist of her argumentation was that something obviously went wrong in the childhood of homosexuals. I don't really like that way of thinking either, because I think that your sexuality is indeed something you're born with and which you can't just change or choose.

*And of course- this friend has been lining up at the door of the adoption agencies, offering to rescue these needy children, right?

*Parenting skills are not based on what's happening in the bedroom.

*Teach the children to respect everyone, and to respect couples' privacy when that bedroom door is closed, whatever sort of couple is there.

Thank you, that sums the "issue" up for me.