✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

On Sexuality, is it the person's choice or are you born that way?

ivet

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you're born with your sexuality. I saw a TV program about genetics and hormones and things like that... Very educational. I can't really remember the theories but one was basically that some women are born with more testosterone and is therefor attracted to women instead of men. Same thing for men, just the other way around, of course.

It could be a bit of both actually . I have a friend who is gay and from the time he was young as far back as I can remember he's always been more of a girly type into pink, barbie and girls fashion. Then I have friends who have had girlfriends and now are strictly into guys no longer attracted to members of the opposite sex.

It could be a bit of both actually . I have a friend who is gay and from the time he was young as far back as I can remember he's always been more of a girly type into pink, barbie and girls fashion. Then I have friends who have had girlfriends and now are strictly into guys no longer attracted to members of the opposite sex.

Yeah but then again, it doesn't mean that they went from straight to gay. They could have been gay but only really realized it after a few tries.

I am attracted to girls myself (and I'm a girl) and I only realized it like 2 years ago. I had always somehow been attracted to the female gender but I didn't think it was completely related to my sexual orientation. So, in my opinion, it's not a choice, you are just made like that, you can't control whether you are attracted to someone or not, it comes naturally.

There is a piece in New Scientist about this last week, reviewing a book written on the subject. Given the fact that homosexuals have different genes I think it's hard to argue that people aren't born with the choice, even if they repress certain feelings until a later date. Anyway the piece in New Scientist said it is not decided at the moment the egg is fertilised, but can instead be due to conditions during the pregnancy (so nurture as well, in a way - though not a conscious choice).

Also

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biology_and_sexual_orientation

Yeah but then again, it doesn't mean that they went from straight to gay. They could have been gay but only really realized it after a few tries.

I am attracted to girls myself (and I'm a girl) and I only realized it like 2 years ago. I had always somehow been attracted to the female gender but I didn't think it was completely related to my sexual orientation. So, in my opinion, it's not a choice, you are just made like that, you can't control whether you are attracted to someone or not, it comes naturally.

So you're a lesbian? :sneaky:

^that's quite interesting, Greg :surprised: