✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP5 Predictions

drhouse4b

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want them to take further the exploration they were doing with Viva la vida and just to have fun with the music. To not try to hard , and to not let the pressures make them go in one direction or another.

i want experimental coldplay , i want them to keep developing their own sound dont want them trying to copy other bands or doing heavy metal or doing rap with kanye and jay :\

I want upbeat songs in the next album , wierd instruments and wierd and happy sounds , such as LIT II or straw or viva or lost . But i would also like some guitarr songs such as violet hill and a piano driven ballad , just for the nostalgia you know :wink3:

I think it will be more intense than Viva, but not as "big" sounding. There are certain songs you listen to on Viva and you think "that song is meant to be performed in front of 50,000 at a huge stadium." If I had to put my money where my mouth is, I would bet on LP5 being as risky and experimental as Viva, but more stripped down, raw, and intimate.

I want a song I can sing to.

I want a song that can send chills down my spine the first time I hear it (not necessarily the same song ;))

Not really sure apart from that :P

What I do predict is that, from a receptive and public point of view, the album won't be the success of Viva or Rush of Blood. But to me, that'll be a good thing; X&Y and Parachutes, considered amongst most to be their two 'least best' albums, are my favourites. Rush of Blood and Viva, considered amongst most to be their best, are my least favourites. As they chronologically alternate between not-so-great and awesome (in my eyes), and the last one was a not-so-great, I'm betting this'll be my new favourite, but won't be most people's.

Prove me wrong, Coldplay. Make it everyone's favourite. I dare you.

Some real rockers would be nice.

My dad complains that Coldplay's music is all too mellow...that you can't dance or rock out to their music. Lol

I think your dad and my dad would be best friends, at least when it comes to Coldplay. :D

As much as I want it to be old Coldplay, I actually just need a new ablum. As Chris himself said that its inspired by taking chances and speaking for your self I think I'll like it.

And I doooo hope that we'll finally hear Guy singing, but its highly unlikely. :uhoh2: (I even think he is not that good in singing) but shhhhh about that

lol. But Guy sings a lot ; O In White Shadows, Death, and the rest of the choirs. Even in Chinese Sleep Chant. But I want all of them to sing too, especially Will of course, cause his voice is the best.

And well, I don't have any wants.

I just can't understand some of you. Why do you worry about everything?

I want to dance, I want to sing, I want lyrics, blah blah blah.

It's Coldplay, right? We love everything about them.

I trust them absolutely so I don't have any expectations, because anything they'll do will be good, and it'll contain all their thoughts, emotions and souls in it.

^ Yeah, that would be nice.

I also LOVED LOVED LOVED the acoustic version of Lovers in Japan. So I hope the do something like that too, Spanish Rain sort of sounds like the same style of it.

I LOVED the acoustic version too! Actually I love most of the acoustic versions, I would not care if they release an album just with acoustic songs!

I think whatever LP5 is, it's going to be the album that either elevates them to all-time greats status or keeps that at just a great band for a period of time. They've already proven their great, but I think this will be the one that either turns around the frowns of everyone whose shit on them or it'll be more of the same. As Coldplay fans, I'm not sure it matters to anyone here what the outside thinks. I could care less.

I loved VLV but part of me isn't sure where Coldplay go from there. I don't see them reverting to Parachutes style. I don't see them going back at all to be honest. I don't think they should at this stage of their career. I don't want to think they've come full circle. Their circle should be huge!

The fact that they've brought back so much of VLV producing crew is, to me, a great thing. I think that will keep them trying new things. Sometimes new doesn't always work, but Coldplay is that rare band that I think can find someway to balance artistic intent and genuine songwriting skill.

I really want this album to be the album where the guys really just blow people away. Where they put a sock in all the mouths of people who've been less than kind in the past.

Who knows how it will sound. I'm sure it'll sound like Coldplay.

Am I the only one who doesn't want a raw groupy album? :confused:

Personally, I want a more experimental album but with stadium anthems!

No! You're not! I am just the same. However, I think there are certain studio things they can do to make it seem "raw and groupy" like material from the Viva era. Adding studio sounds and just generally being less tight with certain production I think can give it a rawer feel. This as opposed to X & Y, which I think was very tightly produced.

But you're definitely not the only one who feels as you do!

I'm pretty convinced they'll never top their first two albums for me, personally. I don't think they'll ever really revert to that kind of style, and maybe they shouldn't, but as excited as I am for LP5, I know LP1 and LP2 are pretty untouchable for me.

What I really want is a back-to-basics sort of record, with two guitars, a piano, a bass, drums, vocals, and that's it. I tend to think that simpler is better, and it's so much better live when they can easily replicate everything with four people.

I just feel like they've gotten really...grandiose since AROBTTH, and that's fine, but I feel like they're an entirely different band than they were. I kind of miss the simpler songs with more personal lyrics rather than the "wall of sound" kind of stuff they've had going on for their last two records with abstract ideas. I still LOVE them despite all that, and I do really like the last two albums, but if they really wanted to absolutely blow me away again, they'd examine their roots a bit and try to reinvent them simply.

As the release date is getting closer, the things are becoming further unclear. This time around the hype that was for 'X&Y' or VLV has died down. Previously everybody used to know a year in advance when coldplay is coming out with a new record but this time around things are a bit quiet (I AM TALKING IN RELATIVE TERMS).

I wonder how Brian Eno let Chris Martin name songs like 'Hurts like Heaven' and 'Every teardrop is a waterfall'... Honestly they seems very umm... Pop sounding songs, not Rock.. Pop. I hope I am proved wrong on this one.

Personally, I want the boys to continue in VLV style (with great improvisation ofcourse) and produce a 'Joshua Tree' when the world least expects them. I am waiting for their Joshua Tree.... They day they do it... They are legends...