✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP5 Predictions

drhouse4b

Yes is probably my least listened to song on Viva :\

I want LP5 to be like what Chelsea says simple like parachutes, it's my favourite album and I really love how the simple lyrics mean so much.

I really hope that LP5 doesn't go too pop music-y , I want songs that are more intimate sounding.

I mean I'm sure however they make it, it'll be great whatever direction they head for.

I agree! I actually think we might get what we want :wacky: Christmas Lights kind of feels like it could have been on an evolved Parachutes. I mean, it does sound Viva-esque but it's really simple and pretty at the same time. Of course it's a Christmas song and might not be representive of LP5 but one can hope! :heart:

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want LP5 to be like what Chelsea says simple like parachutes, it's my favourite album and I really love how the simple lyrics mean so much.

I really hope that LP5 doesn't go too pop music-y , I want songs that are more intimate sounding.

I mean I'm sure however they make it, it'll be great whatever direction they head for.

That's pretty much exactly what I'm hoping for as well. Hopefully they won't be afraid to keep things simple.

Honestly, I want some more deep lyrics. Parachutes is awesome, but lyrically...it could be better (just coun't the 'Singing out's). From what I've seen, I think Chris has it in him to be at least on par with Joshua-Tree-era U2. Simplicity is good, but it gets tiring after awhile, you know?

And I kind of like "Yes." :/

I'd like to be completely wrong here, but I'm concerned the new album will see them go deeper into safer more radio friendly light-rock territory. Christmas Lights and many of the VLV outtakes backs this up for me. Whilst I enjoy songs like The Scientist and Yellow I wouldn't like an album full of songs like that. They need to do something that isn't immediately accessible, darker, heavier, more experimental and just generally more fucked up. Not nessassarily "heavy metal" like another poster suggested, but certainly more stuff in the vein of tracks like Cemeteries Of London, Chinese Sleep Chant, White Shadows, Rainy Day etc... Obviously given it's Coldplay, it would be strange of them to put out an album without any softer ballads but that said I don't want it to be the be-all-and-end-all. The last thing I want is a quiet acoustic album full of happy summery radio friendly tracks, but I just fear that's the direction they're heading in. We don't need another Parachutes. Again, hope I'm proved wrong.

I'd like to be completely wrong here, but I'm concerned the new album will see them go deeper into safer more radio friendly light-rock territory. Christmas Lights and many of the VLV outtakes backs this up for me. Whilst I enjoy songs like The Scientist and Yellow I wouldn't like an album full of songs like that. They need to do something that isn't immediately accessible, darker, heavier, more experimental and just generally more fucked up. Not nessassarily "heavy metal" like another poster suggested, but certainly more stuff in the vein of tracks like Cemeteries Of London, Chinese Sleep Chant, White Shadows, Rainy Day etc... Obviously given it's Coldplay, it would be strange of them to put out an album without any softer ballads but that said I don't want it to be the be-all-and-end-all. The last thing I want is a quiet acoustic album full of happy summery radio friendly tracks, but I just fear that's the direction they're heading in. We don't need another Parachutes. Again, hope I'm proved wrong.

I partially agree.

...but at the same time not.

I think a more stripped down acoustic, simple album will be a welcomed breath of fresh air after the commercial onslaught of Viva.

But at the same time I would like to see songs that take a few listens to "get"

because I quite enjoy songs that take a while for you to work out the meaning.

Its nice to sometimes have to really think about a songs meaning to understand it.... I like the challenge, and when done correctly it gives the track a sort of integrity.

White Shadows was a great example of this methinks.

I also see no reason why they cant have all of the above.

A more stripped down album with some lighthearted songs but also some deeper tracks as well.

And an experimental sound doesnt neccisarily guarantee a good album, ..Viva proves that.

I'd rather they be less experimental and have songs with more heart to them than experiment more with their sound at the cost of the quality of the songs.

...an experimental sound doesnt neccisarily guarantee a good album, ..Viva proves that.

I'm sorry to tell you this, but 'Viva la Vida.' is not an experimental album. It's slightly different from what Coldplay has done in the past, but it's still undeniably them. Just because they made use of some new instruments, it doesn't make the album experimental. They just expanded within the boundaries they set for themselves.

Kid A and it's twin, Amnesiac...Those are experimental albums. I know a lot of the people on this board dislike Radiohead, but rest assured I'm not implying that these albums are better than Coldplay (although I must admit. 'How to Dissapear Completely' and 'Pyramid Song' are both beautiful pieces of music, some of my favorites). I'm merely making a point that 'experimental' implies experimentation; trying completely new things just to see how they turn out. So far, the only Coldplay piece I have seen like that is 'A Spell a Rebel Yell,' which, even amongst hard-core Coldplay fans, didn't bide too terribly well.

I'm not bashing Viva, either. It's one of my all-time favorite albums...

I just think it's safe to say that Coldplay will always be Coldplay. They may expand their borders, but they will never truly experiment, in the sense of the word.

every time i look through threads like these i'm just amazed by the variety of interactions people have with coldplays music.

in criticizing the viva era, some people say it's radio friendly and other people say its experimental. sometimes people same them at the same time!

if coldplay's greatness can be found anywhere, it's in their ability to bring together lots of different musical appetites to the table.

i'm happy now because i think the food we're going to be fed, if not in outcome but in the way it was cooked, will be to my liking.

Chris said that Jonny was ''coming out of is cocoon'' in this new album. I really hope that one day we'll also hear Guy doing it, because even though he plays the bass very well and all, he's never singing, like the others, or having a solo.

http://www.dominorecordco.com/uk/news/28-10-10/jon-hopkins-makes-music-for-monsters

Knowing that Jon works with Coldplay on LP5 I'm sure it will be amazing. Just listen to this track - the main theme from Monsters the film :)

good stuff..... remember this??

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5umlj3eyYk]YouTube - Jon Hopkins - Light Through The Veins[/ame]

I'm sorry to tell you this, but 'Viva la Vida.' is not an experimental album. It's slightly different from what Coldplay has done in the past, but it's still undeniably them. Just because they made use of some new instruments, it doesn't make the album experimental. They just expanded within the boundaries they set for themselves.

Kid A and it's twin, Amnesiac...Those are experimental albums. I know a lot of the people on this board dislike Radiohead, but rest assured I'm not implying that these albums are better than Coldplay (although I must admit. 'How to Dissapear Completely' and 'Pyramid Song' are both beautiful pieces of music, some of my favorites). I'm merely making a point that 'experimental' implies experimentation; trying completely new things just to see how they turn out. So far, the only Coldplay piece I have seen like that is 'A Spell a Rebel Yell,' which, even amongst hard-core Coldplay fans, didn't bide too terribly well.

I'm not bashing Viva, either. It's one of my all-time favorite albums...

I just think it's safe to say that Coldplay will always be Coldplay. They may expand their borders, but they will never truly experiment, in the sense of the word.

Hmm well I hope they don't try to experiment too much either, though who knows, that could bring out something amazing. :thinking:

Im just nervous that experimenting will lose what coldplay is. I kinda like that they keep a coldplay sound throughout their work.

Linkin park has been doing some different stuff than what they did initially but now I feel they lost the soul of what they were. I don't want that to happen to coldplay :(

I knoww what you mean about Viva. I think its great and I liked it but...I thought they could also do better....there I admitted it!:embarrassed: :lol: , oh well it still has some great songs.:D

• 3 weeks later...

I'd love to hear more of them singing too! I don't think it may mess up the album if it's well done. In Parachutes, you can har Jonny singing "Don't Panic" quite clearly and I bet non-coldplay fans did not even notice :laugh3:

I'd love to hear more of them singing too! I don't think it may mess up the album if it's well done. In Parachutes, you can har Jonny singing "Don't Panic" quite clearly and I bet non-coldplay fans did not even notice :laugh3:

:laugh3::laugh3: