✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[11-June-2011] Coldplay @ Pinkpop Landgraaf festival, Netherlands

Carlaatje

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great review! Although the confetti was X and M shaped, not butterfly shaped. ;)

Didn't even know there was a Dutch Coldplay site! That's awesome :)

They were X and M shaped? Damn, I really should have been closer to the stage. They looked like butterflies from where I was standing (the wind blew them away).

There is a Dutch site, but most people on it are no longer Coldplay fans, unfortunately. It has a cool forum, but it's mostly about other music now. Hope it gets a bit more exciting again with LP5.

They were X and M shaped? Damn, I really should have been closer to the stage. They looked like butterflies from where I was standing (the wind blew them away).

There is a Dutch site, but most people on it are no longer Coldplay fans, unfortunately. It has a cool forum, but it's mostly about other music now. Hope it gets a bit more exciting again with LP5.

I think people will get more excited with LP5 (: Finally something happening again :dance:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I was at the front at this gig. But you really didn't want to be at the front. The pushing before we got in was sooo scary. People were screaming they were gonna die, and the friend that was with me (who doesn't even like Coldplay, she'll probably never go to a Coldplay gig with me again :laugh3:) was crying (actually many people were crying)

So this definitely wasn't the best gig for me. But then there was Ahoy :D

^Oooh I know, I must have been close to where you were. Were you on the left side?

The pushing took so long in my memory, but it might have been just a few minutes. Me and my friend couldn't breathe for a while (I almost passed out), so we both seriously thought we were going to die as well. It was one of the scariest moments of my life, I was so close to blind panic. When we got out, I started crying with pure relief.

That gates system sucks with huge acts like these...

I never heard much about it, did you? I don't think many people noticed it at all, we were just with the unlucky few who got stuck in the middle.

Yeah, thankfully we had Ahoy to make up for it.

Yep! Yes, you couldn't see the lasers at all :laugh3: / :( No, where I was standing, everybody was talking when Chris was talking, and during a lot of songs :\

Stupid Dutch people. I don't understand that at all.

So happy we got such a great crowd at the Ahoy. :wacky:

No i was on the right side. Hope i will never experience something like that again. I was so scared, and i was standing with my back to the stage, so i couldn't see when i had reached the gates. I remember one guy screaming loudly at me that i had to walk through the gates so that other people could walk through too, and then i realised i had made it . Never been so happy.

Yes! I actually found it very strange we never heard about it on the news or something. Was talking to a guy at the Ahoy gig who had also been to the Pinkpop gig, and he had experienced the same thing, and he also thought it was strange we never heard anything about it.

Oh, sounds horrible. I think you were lucky this guy helped you out, because it was just every man for himself. But then again, he helped himself by helping you of course...

I know exactly what you went through. Never again. :hug:

So it happened on the right side too... Then a lot more people must have had a similar experience. Weird. I would have liked to hear just a small message from the organization. I mean, our lives were in serious danger! :P

Edit: I've sent them an e-mail. I want to know if they've heard more stories like ours, there must have been at least one person complaining about it.