✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[11-June-2011] Coldplay @ Pinkpop Landgraaf festival, Netherlands

Carlaatje

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm watching the concert (not the whole concert) on a digital channel on the television right now.
Anyone know if it'll be re-broadcast on TV?

There MUST be someone with a DVD Recorder in the Netherlands... Please! :shy:

Hahaha, that's from my phone, I think you can hear you laughing :P
Oh awesome!!!! :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Oh ok, I recognise my screaming, too. :uhoh: :P

Just sent a friend request on yt, didn't know it was you, sorry!

i think that they don't have the permission from coldplay to broadcast the whole show

Don't think it's Coldplay who decide that. Pretty sure EMI Holland are the ones who decide what may or may not be broadcasted. They pretty much only decided to cut (most of) the new songs and the ones which included minor f*ck-ups :P

Can't figure out why they chose NOT to include ETIAW though. Would have been GREAT promotion for the band if their new single was broadcasted over the weekend. Could have helped them to get another #1 single.

Hey guys, here's my review :)

Let's start with the bad things. At first I thought the system with the gates was great, that way everyone had a fair chance to see their favourite artist from a good spot.

But.

After waiting for two hours, packed in the crowd, the gates opened for Coldplay. And, like Ireentje and Raphaele said, we all got pushed from left to right, I couldn't breathe for a few moments and I almost lost it, thinking I was gonna die. People were panicking, crying, screaming... When we finally got through, I cried with relief and didn't even care that we had captured some pretty good spots...

So, not such a great system after all. I'm sorry for anyone who suffered from the crushing crowd.

I felt really bad for Elbow too, they did not deserve the gap at the front.

Then, finally, Coldplay. They were a little late, maybe they waited for the sun to set. I'm sure it would have been a better atmosphere the dark, but it was a fantastic show anyway.

I loved that they played Trouble. That song was the first time I heard Coldplay, as it was a bigger hit than Yellow over here.

Chris looked and sang better than ever, if that voice get's any more beautiful, I won't be able to handle it. :wink3: Still very happy that Jonny also get's to steal the show for a bit though.

The crowd had it's boring moments (Clocks, Yellow), not sure why. Maybe because it was still light, maybe because of the new songs. But there were also a few good singalongs (Scientist, Viva, Fix You) and the front was going nuts all the time. :D

Charlie Brown is gonna be big.

When Chris forgot the lyrics during Politik, I think he was trying to do a shoutout but couldn't remember what rhymes with 'Pinkpop'. :laugh3:

I also think he fell during Lost, but barely anyone noticed as he kept singing. Good job, Chris.;)

Ooh and the booty dance, Joke of the Day, I hope someone will post a good video because it was hilarious! :lol:

Btw, if anyone thinks the confetti are still (partly) butterflies - they're not. The X's are slightly butterfly-shaped, but they're definitely not the butterflies from the Viva tour.

Unfortunately I didn't get the chance to meet with any of you guys... Big chance we got crushed together tough ;) Hope to see you in the future! :kiss:

Thanks Blue-Nails...how did you and the crowd react on Hurts Like Heaven, Major Minus and so on?

Not a lot of crowd reaction for Hurts Like Heaven and Major Minus, but that was to be expected at a festival. The fireworks at the start of Hurts Like Heaven seemed a bit odd, considering it was not dark yet (at all).

HUGE crowd reaction for Charlie Brown (for a new song at a festival) and ETIAW. And people around me seemed to really like Us Against The World.

Did anyone else think that the sound was rather quiet for Elbow and Coldplay? It seemed to be (a lot) louder for the first two acts. At times, it was so quiet that I almost became a bit embarrassed to sing along. I didn't care in the end but it still felt a bit odd. :P

Not a lot of crowd reaction for Hurts Like Heaven and Major Minus, but that was to be expected at a festival. The fireworks at the start of Hurts Like Heaven seemed a bit odd, considering it was not dark yet (at all).

HUGE crowd reaction for Charlie Brown (for a new song at a festival) and ETIAW. And people around me seemed to really like Us Against The World.

Did anyone else think that the sound was rather quiet for Elbow and Coldplay? It seemed to be (a lot) louder for the first two acts. At times, it was so quiet that I almost became a bit embarrassed to sing along. I didn't care in the end but it still felt a bit odd. :P

Agree with everyting you said.

Yeah I heard more people saying the sound wasn't good. From where I was standing, (front left) the bass a bit too loud..

Oh they're on tv now. :D

^ Yeah it's the highlights of Pinkpop, yesterday they showed three or four as well, I think there will be more tonight.

On Cultura24 (online channel) there's a broadcast and those are all on youtube I think. It's only an hour's broadcast, so there's a few songs cut out :(

Yeah I noticed it was very quiet during Elbow, with Coldplay I didn't really notice but that's probably because I was at the front:P