✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

How would you react to the news that Coldplay was over?

lucyb

all bands split someday, it's a part of life but I actually sorta agree with Lore I'd rather they gave up somepoint instead of making loads of crap albums just for the sake of keeping going.

If that's the case, then Girls Aloud shouldn't have even bothered forming in the first place!:P

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I panicked at first when I read the thread because I thought there was a rumour circulating or something.

THANK GOD IT'S JUST A WHAT IF!!

Uhm. I'd cry. I'd hide away from people for a while. It'd be like losing a part of me. The've always been there... And I can't imagine them not being there.

I'd be like :lol: what a funny joke!

then :inquisitive: what? they really did?

and then :confused: really really?

then :stunned: WHAT? for 2 months (just to realize it)

then when I understand it :(

then :cry: when it really enters my head and :cry: too whenever I hear a song of them or a justin bieber(and co.) one .

I would be sad, and then listen to other music.

But this doesn't really need a thread, at some point in time there will be no Coldplay. . . whether it ends tomorrow or in fifty years at some point they're not going to continue making music.

Best to accept that fact now.

I think hate is too strong a word and completely unjustified....Im only asking a rhetorical question....

Mark, I hope they last twice as long as the Rolling Stones, lol

I think you should know me better than to take it seriosly when i say that.

I also said I hate you to Mark when he got to talk to Phil

Everyone knows I dont hate anyone.

Well, first I would be in denial.

"No, that's a lie, that's never going to happen."

Then I'll obsessively check the internet for the news.

If it was actually true, I would then react in a very appropriate manner:

I would cry for the next four weeks while holding various pieces of Coldplay merch and screaming, "WHY GOD WHY? THEY WERE SO YOUNG AND HAD SO MUCH TO ACCOMPLISH? TAKE ME INSTEAD!"

I'll probably sad for an hour. Then, I'll be okay. Then, weeks/months after, I'll be wanting to hear Coldplay music. I will listen. Then, I'll realise that it's just that. It's actually over. Then I'll go back to being sad for an hour. Then, the cycle will go on and on and on...

When this thought crosses my head, I quickly shake it off. Um I actually did knock on wood when I read this thread. I hope it doesn't happen anytime soon though! Oh this is so depressing!:cry: but ill have to accept it, ill just pretend they are in the studio:cry:

The only thing left to do will be to listen to their old stuff, and hopefully there will be a new band that maybe would be inspired by coldplay and partially fills the space coldplay leaves behind:cry:

...ok im done thinking about it!!

Im going to enjoy looking forward to the new album:D

Part of me doesn't even want to put this idea out into the Universe.

But I remember how it was to survive the breakup of the Beatles. We all held onto hope that they would get back together again one day. Then we lost two of them irrevocably.

What then happened was that the fans kept it going. At any time during the year you can go to Beatles festivals, see tribute bands in performance, or see the surviving members in concert. You can see the result -- for example, the recent release of the Beatles catalog on iTunes. We simply didn't let them go away for good.

I think Coldplay fans would probably do the same thing.

Part of me doesn't even want to put this idea out into the Universe.

But I remember how it was to survive the breakup of the Beatles. We all held onto hope that they would get back together again one day. Then we lost two of them irrevocably.

What then happened was that the fans kept it going. At any time during the year you can go to Beatles festivals, see tribute bands in performance, or see the surviving members in concert. You can see the result -- for example, the recent release of the Beatles catalog on iTunes. We simply didn't let them go away for good.

I think Coldplay fans would probably do the same thing.

Jilly, don't contemplate such sad things!

A tribute band is never as good as the original. I was very sad the day John Lennon was killed

Chris cannot function without music, it's his raison d’être - I cannot see functioning without writing or performing.

I have high hopes the band has longevity.

Jilly, don't contemplate such sad things!

A tribute band is never as good as the original. I was very sad the day John Lennon was killed

Chris cannot function without music, it's his raison d’être - I cannot see functioning without writing or performing.

I have high hopes the band has longevity.

Don't get me wrong! I'm POSITIVE they have longevity.

I think that if Chris couldn't express his ideas and write and perform music he would.. just.. plain.. explode!