✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

How would you react to the news that Coldplay was over?

lucyb

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I suppose that at some point there will be a "last" album.

It's truly a sad thought but I don't think it's something that will happen in the near future. I can just see them trying to quit and stay away from the studio, not going on tour or whatever...They wouldn't last a day!

Okay, maybe a week.

In all seriousness, though, I'd probably be heartbroken. :\

i hate you for starting this thread

:blank:

besides... they say that after every album.

I think hate is too strong a word and completely unjustified....Im only asking a rhetorical question....

Mark, I hope they last twice as long as the Rolling Stones, lol

Just thinking about the 'rumors' and speculation that LP5 will be the last. How do you think you would survive in a world with no Coldplay. This is a thought that I am too scared to even ponder.....:o

If the extreme pessimists of the Pet Shop Boys can keep going so long (celebrating their 25th year this year) then why not Coldplay?

Madonna, U2 and plenty of other acts from the 1980s still going.

Chris talking about hair loss - whilst amusing - is not really relevant. We love them for their music, not their looks.

I'd hate to see what Chris is like at home, :lol: , but from what he sometimes say's in public, I think he is very neurotic, he is a Debbie Downer.......

Yet, I truely believe he thinks he has the greatest band in the world, but he projects himself in public like everything they do is shit, and he's bald and blaa blaa blaa, I think in his mind he knows they are great, good-looking, rich, and they will last for quite awhile, but he doesn't want the public to know his true feelings, so he always plays it down in interviews like "Oh woe is me":D **disclaimer** "I love him tho":P

I'd hate to see what Chris is like at home, :lol: , but from what he sometimes say's in public, I think he is very neurotic, he is a Debbie Downer.......

Yet, I truely believe he thinks he has the greatest band in the world, but he projects himself in public like everything they do is shit, and he's bald and blaa blaa blaa, I think in his mind he knows they are great, good-looking, rich, and they will last for quite awhile, but he doesn't want the public to know his true feelings, so he always plays it down in interviews like "Oh woe is me":D **disclaimer** "I love him tho":P

His self-deprecating manner is one of his greatest qualities. Let's hope he never loses it!:cool:

I'd enjoy the albums they already did. It's not a big deal, at one point all the bands split or the band members die, whatever. I'd rather them to split than start making bad albums because they start to have issues with each other, etc.

well we would still have the music and the happy memories, and some of us would have made friends even met partners because of coldplay (only the music and memories would apply to me!), naturally I would be down and upset by it, but all things must end eventually.

you see, if after LP5 they stopped i'd be devastated. i really do think a band making the kind of music they do can still pull stuff off into their mid forties without a drop of quality or direction.

honestly, the bands that have kept going as long as they have are, in a way, precisely the bands that should look stupid for doing it. U2 were a band of energy and passion, and when they try to harness that now you get songs like Vertigo (maybe some people liked it) or I don't even know. After Achtung Baby, U2 may have made many good songs but they've made no terrific albums.

The Rolling Stones are another band - sex, drugs and rock and roll. Yet they're still doing it at their age. It defies logic but in some ways it doesn't. The people who love them find nostalgia in their music.

For a band like Coldplay, the "core" of the music has never really tapped into any well that I see drying out with age. I really don't think Coldplay have yet even peaked in how they will be remembered. I think they've got at least ten more years ahead of them. With LP5 on the way this year, that tells me we should get AT LEAST to LP7 before the idea creeps into their heads.

If there's anything I'd expect, it'd be that they relax how much they tour because they'll want to spend time with their families. But that might just mean more albums! So I wouldn't mind.

His self-deprecating manner is one of his greatest qualities. Let's hope he never loses it!:cool:

I agree - it makes him seem humble and often funny. He will probably not like me saying but it's a trait of the English upper middle class. It's part of their good manners so that people around them don't feel uncomfortable

You go round to their house and say: "what a fanstastic painting you have!" they say: "oh that old tat, it really needs cleaning".

You say: "what an amazing house you have."

They say:"but it's really run down, it needs a lot of work doing to it".

etc.

:disappointed: I don't want to think about that.

I guess, I'd be sad, they're my favourite band and I think it would be really sad knowing there won't be any more new music from them or posssibilities of seeing them live and we won't have exciting days like we have had for the past week any longer. I'd be heartbroken, but nobody would take away the music they have already done, and I'd continue appreciating it and listening to the released albums.