✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

So, I'm considering RADIOHEAD

NumbersGirl

yeah...

...doesn't look like we'll know what's going on until they post the album

but this is interesting which someone posted on atease as a timeline since 09

Just the facts – Here’s what we know.

Spring and Summer 2009 - Recording sessions in UK

- Band releases in “Harry Patch (In Memory Of)” and “These Are My Twisted Words.”

- On Aug. 17, 2009, Jonny posts: We've been recording for a while, and this was one of the first we finished. … There’s other stuff in various states of completion….

January 2010 - Recording sessions in Los Angeles.

- Reportedly, musicians hired to perform arrangements for “Codex” and “Blossom.”

Spring and early Summer 2010 - Recording sessions in UK.

June 20, 2010 - Ed O’Brien on Adam Buxton’s show on BBC 6 Music says LP8 ‘is the best record we’ve ever made. We’re in the heart of the record. It’s genuinely exciting. It’s very different from what we did last time. It’s really nice to be doing this. It’s so good to be making music with the band that you feel is still as good as it’s ever been.” When Buxton asked if Ed had any idea on album’s release, Ed said: “No, Ideally it would be great if it came out sometime this year. It has got to. I hope so. We’re at the finishing line. When you’re making a record, a film, write a book for ages and ages you think the finishing line is miles away. Now it feels it’s in touching distance. But of course, it being a creative process, at the last bit also, you have bursts of energy, you achieve a lot of things in a small period of time and then you’re nearly there…it might slow down. But yeah, hopefully it will be a matter of weeks.”

Summer early Fall 2010 – Band is “off” and in vacation mode.

Sept. 13, 2010 - Colin writes, on Index on Censorship website, that the band has “just finished another group of songs, and [we] have begun to wonder about how to release them in a digital landscape that has changed again.”

Sept. 23, 2010 – Phil tells Canadian press: “We’ve been working on material on and off for a year now and we’ve had the summer off so yes, we’re basically taking stock on Monday [presumably, Sept. 27] and seeing what we need to do with the material to move it to those final stages. We’re just returning to it with fresh ears and taking stock of where we are and how close we are to finishing stuff, really, and we won’t know till Monday. We might get back together on Monday and after discussing stuff we might just throw this all out and say maybe we need to go back to the drawing board. Who knows, as I say, it’s all up in the air at the moment. But we’ve been enjoying what we’ve been doing.”

November 12, 2010- Jonny posts: “we haven't quite finished the album - in the studio at the moment.” Note that “in the studio” could mean mixing, mastering, or many things other than “recording.”

it's gotta be out relatively soon... right?!?!

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd have to disagree. I mean from the optimism of Ed and Colin discussing how to release a set of songs that to me seems like their close. Plus multiple sightings from twitter of Thom and Nigel being seen coming in and out of studios in England... though of course that could be for Atoms for Peace

Guest howyousawtheworld
pfff ,not another radiohead fan here :disappointed:

Are there any non radiohead fans left ?

They've got a few really good songs but that was back when they were a good band in the 90s. Still not good enough to warrant being on my ipod. And I have Down Under by Men At Work on my ipod which was a drunken download.

Do you guys ever not listen to In Rainbows for a long time and then you hear a song from it and you're just like orgasming? Or...

Cos I mean I can go like a couple of weeks without hearing a song off of it and then hear HoC or whatever and i'm all like oh bb~ so gewd to mah ears~ unnf unnf unnf

Do you guys ever not listen to In Rainbows for a long time and then you hear a song from it and you're just like orgasming? Or...

Cos I mean I can go like a couple of weeks without hearing a song off of it and then hear HoC or whatever and i'm all like oh bb~ so gewd to mah ears~ unnf unnf unnf

YES I do

Same here except that it's not the case just with In Rainbows but with the majority of their albums.

As for the release of LP8, it doesn't sound so bad as my previous post implied; it's just that the last two news say they're still in the studio. It came across as "we're not that close to finishing it" kind of deal so I'm a bit pessimistic.

Ivet, I'm JUST like that. I can go for like weeks without listening to much Radiohead at all and then something like All I Need comes on shuffle and I'm just like "...;alskdjflsadfjsaljf; :dead:"

It's amazing because they're one of those bands you don't seriously get tired of, like yeah sure you may not feel like listening to them for a while, but you come back to them in a few weeks max. (For me, at least.) Not many bands really do that for me. Coldplay did for a while but then I basically totally grew out of them... yeah.

Anyone who claims to not like Radiohead is kidding himself. There's such a stigma surrounding Radiohead, like they're not 'cool' enough or something like that. Like that girl up there saying she 'likes In Rainbows but hates Radiohead'. Just because they don't wear as fancy clothes as Matt Bellamy doesn't mean you can't listen to them and love them.

I'm just rambling, I know.

Anyone who claims to not like Radiohead is kidding himself. There's such a stigma surrounding Radiohead, like they're not 'cool' enough or something like that. Like that girl up there saying she 'likes In Rainbows but hates Radiohead'. Just because they don't wear as fancy clothes as Matt Bellamy doesn't mean you can't listen to them and love them.

I love Muse, and I honestly tried to like Radiohead but I can't stand In Rainbows. I do like OK Computer though. :wacko:

But I think it's unfair for anyone to judge anyone else based on their music tastes.

I just find it boring and repetitive. :shrug:

Like, I'll listen to it, and it almost all sounds like one song. :thinking:

I just can't get into it, if you know what I mean. On the other hand, Paranoid Android ranks at about #80 in my list of most played songs (which is higher than some of my current favorite songs) :shrug:

Guest howyousawtheworld

Just accept that people don't like Radiohead. Yes I know it's hard for you to accept some fans to accept that but that's just the case. Songs like House of Cards sound as though they are being echoed down a corridor...of a mental asylum.

I just find it boring and repetitive. :shrug:

Like, I'll listen to it, and it almost all sounds like one song. :thinking:

I just can't get into it, if you know what I mean. On the other hand, Paranoid Android ranks at about #80 in my list of most played songs (which is higher than some of my current favorite songs) :shrug:

Have you listened to any of their other albums? I didn't begin to like them until I finally decided to give their other albums a chance. Maybe try listening to Hail to the Thief?

Have you listened to any of their other albums? I didn't begin to like them until I finally decided to give their other albums a chance. Maybe try listening to Hail to the Thief?

No, only In Rainbows and OK Computer.

I'm always willing to try new music though. :wacko:

I have all of In Rainbows, most of OK Computer, Creep, High and Dry, and Fake Plastic Trees.

and sadly matt Bellamy does sing a little like thom yorke:shame:my sister always says that and i used to get pissed off on her for saying it

although the music doesn't sound similar at all :thinking:

NO. Why do people say that? Thom and Matt don't sound alike AT ALL.

Guest howyousawtheworld
NO. Why do people say that? Thom and Matt don't sound alike AT ALL.

I really don't get the comparison. Matt Bellamy is a fantastic singer. He has real power to his voice.