✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

So, I'm considering RADIOHEAD

NumbersGirl

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got into Radiohead through a friend, but not in the way you'd think; a certain member of this forum who was (and still is :D) completely obsessed with Coldplay was kinda wanting to get into some "similar" bands (a term I use kinda loosely), such as Radiohead or U2. So, I got OK Computer, as I had a slight knowledge that it's considered to be their best album, but also one of the greatest albums of all time. I didn't really like the album at first, and deleted a bunch of songs (I basically kept Airbag, Paranoid Android, and Exit Music). Then, about a month later, I undeleted them, had another listen to the album, and really enjoyed it. So I got In Rainbows, which I fell in love with. Then The Bends, which, apart from a few tracks, I didn't (and still don't) really enjoy.

By this time, I was content with these three albums, and by the time I decided to get the rest, it was getting pretty close to my birthday/Christmas. So I didn't bother. Then I got the collector's edition of Pablo Honey (which is an album I like far more than The Bends. Commence flaming). Then about a fortnight ago I completed my Radiohead LP collection. And now Radiohead is one of my favourite bands. I'm not as completely massively diehard as some of the members of this forum, but I still really like them. Infact, I'm listening to a playlist of Hail to the Thief and Amnesiac on shuffle, because I haven't really given these albums the proper listen.

In short, I'm really glad you like these guys... they're definitely worth getting into if you have the time :)

^^^^sweet!

Deal is, the band evolves so much between releases that liking or disliking one album says very little about how you'll react to the others. I know extremely few radiohead fans who don't simultaneously loathe and love different radiohead albums.

That's true with all good bands, really. I'm yet to meet a Coldplay fan that likes all of their albums equally!

I got into Radiohead in 2006 or 2007, what now seems like ages ago. I started with a few OKC songs a friend sent to me and I liked them a lot so I eventually got the album. The second album I listened to was Amnesiac (can't even remember why I decided for it) and thought it didn't sound like Radiohead at all. I wasn't even sure I was listening to the same band but I liked what I heard nonetheless and decided to get moar albums. :wideeyed:

Can't say I'm the #1 fan, so on scale of 1 to 10 I'm probably 8-9? I've been listening to other bands and been a bit obsessive about them but Radiohead is still my favourite band ever...

Also, Talk Show Host is SUCH an amazing song. Good and sexy. :wacky:

Your music taste would be even better if you started listening to Sufjan ;D

JOKES :anxious:

:dozey::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping2::sleeping::sleeping:dreams of jonny:sleeping2::sleeping2::sleeping2::sleeping2::sleeping2:

:kiss:

I'm sorrry, were you talking Kels?, I fell asleep :P and that goes right to you too ruby, dont think i did not see your post hehe

I downloaded in rainbows just coz of this thread and i feel weird saying this but i kind of like the album :uhoh2:

and sadly matt Bellamy does sing a little like thom yorke:shame:my sister always says that and i used to get pissed off on her for saying it

although the music doesn't sound similar at all :thinking:

i feel weird saying this but i kind of like the album [/color]:uhoh2:

and sadly matt Bellamy does sing a little like thom yorke:shame:my sister always says that and i used to get pissed off on her for saying it

although the music doesn't sound similar at all :thinking:

Why do you feel weird for saying it? :surprised: Did you not like Radiohead before?

In regard to their voices sounding similar, it reminds me of a friend of mine from high school. I knew he was always into music, and now it turns out he made his own little record company and fronts a band (although it's Christian rock, so it's not really a "standard" band). He's a fan of Coldplay and Radiohead, and although he hasn't told me so, probably Muse. I watched one of his videos a few months ago and the first thing I thought was that his voice sounded like Matt Bellamy. :|

Why do you feel weird for saying it? :surprised: Did you not like Radiohead before?

In regard to their voices sounding similar, it reminds me of a friend of mine from high school. I knew he was always into music, and now it turns out he made his own little record company and fronts a band (although it's Christian rock, so it's not really a "standard" band). He's a fan of Coldplay and Radiohead, and although he hasn't told me so, probably Muse. I watched one of his videos a few months ago and the first thing I thought was that his voice sounded like Matt Bellamy. :|

my sister loves them since the first album and i just never really liked them coz my elder sister loved them :shrug:

and it left weird saying that they really aren't cs shitty i always say they are :laugh4:

pfff ,not another radiohead fan here :disappointed:

Are there any non radiohead fans left ?

Don't worry i may like the album but i still hate them:laugh4: