✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[25-June-2011] Coldplay @ Glastonbury festival, Worthy Farm, Pilton, UK

Blazing_Javelin

Coldplay To Headline Glastonbury 2011

But The Rolling Stones have reportedly said no…

13:08, Saturday, 5 February 2011

Coldplay will headline the Saturday night at this year’s Glastonbury Festival.

A new report states that the band signed contracts this week which will see them headline the Pyramid Stage for the first time since 2005.

But The Rolling Stones have reportedly turned down an offer to play Worthy Farm, despite festival boss Michael Eavis negotiating with their management for over three months.

"Getting the Stones to Glastonbury has been high on Michael Eavis' list of priorities for a long time. He came really, really close this time round,” a source revealed to The Sun. “He came up with an incredibly tempting offer and Mick and the rest of the band were considering it closely but they ultimately decided to turn it down."

U2 look likely to headline on the Friday night, after they were forced to pull out of last year’s festival when Bono hurt his back, while for Sunday night, Eavis is said to be finalising a deal with "an American artist that I've been wanting for yonks and yonks".

Glastonbury 2011 takes place on 24-26 June 24-26.

http://www.mtv.co.uk/artists/coldplay/news/256880-coldplay-to-headline-glastonbury-2011?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I'm guessing Bon Jovi. He's currently on tour, so it'd make sense. :wacky:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, there's a resale in April! (Which will be near impossible to get if Coldplay are announced before that) I'm gonna try my hardest anyway.

i only live half an hour away from glasto and have never been might have to try for tickets in april too i think didnt realise they ahd a resale :)

i only live half an hour away from glasto and have never been might have to try for tickets in april too i think didnt realise they ahd a resale :)

They have a resale?! Awesome!!!! I had no idea. When the rumors first started that they might perform I looked into getting tickets and they were all sold out. :(

Great News!

Some great news! Finally some newsworthy Coldplay news!

I enjoyed last year's with Muse headlining (and who can forget them playing with U2's The Edge?) and the PSB performing VLV.

This looks set to be a great year for Glastonbury (2 of my favourite bands again - Coldplay and U2)

Guest howyousawtheworld

Coldplay for the Saturday?? I was sure it'd be Sunday. Gutted if the Rolling Stones haven't made it.

LP5 must be released before Glastonbury. Do you imagine singing new songs without help of crowd? :D

it would not be the first time they play Glastonbury without having released the album...I don't think it would be such a problem for them, but I do want the album before that.

:o:o

Although the idea of Glastonbury is appealing I could only manage it if I was teleported there for Coldplay. Must leave it to the young and/or hardy Coldplayers out there.

And I did have my sweet sweet moments with Coldplay at Liverpool in an intimate crowd of a mere 1000. But will see them in Canada again when they come here.

:rolleyes:

:wacky: Why are tickets sold out?! :angry:

Lol'd. Google: Glastonbury.

Also lol'ing at the people all of a sudden scrambling trying to get Glasto tickets just because Coldplay is going to be there. This show is pretty much guaranteed to have an incredible lineup every year, with or without Coldplay.

LP5 must be released before Glastonbury. Do you imagine playing new songs without singing crowd? :D

They did it in 2002 with AROBTTH. If I'm not mistaken, it was one of the first times they played Clocks (and other songs as well).

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yco1uuPXv8M]YouTube - Coldplay clocks@glastonbury 2002[/ame]

Guest howyousawtheworld
Lol'd. Google: Glastonbury.

Also lol'ing at the people all of a sudden scrambling trying to get Glasto tickets just because Coldplay is going to be there. This show is pretty much guaranteed to have an incredible lineup every year, with or without Coldplay.

They did it in 2002 with AROBTTH. If I'm not mistaken, it was one of the first times they played Clocks (and other songs as well).

Was an immense performance in 2002. Think it'd work fine if Coldplay released their album after Glastonbury.

Guest howyousawtheworld
There isn't going to be a Glastonbury in 2012? :stunned:

And you know why? Because with the London Olympics the next month, there won't be enough portaloo's to go around. As bizarre as it sounds that is true.

Living in the States I know very little about Glastonbury. As far as the three headliners go is there a bigger sense of honor based on what night you are playing? For example, is closing out sunday night a bigger "event" then the closing out friday? Is saturday the big night to close? I guess what Im asking is what is the TOP top spot?

:o:o

Although the idea of Glastonbury is appealing I could only manage it if I was teleported there for Coldplay. Must leave it to the young and/or hardy Coldplayers out there.

And I did have my sweet sweet moments with Coldplay at Liverpool in an intimate crowd of a mere 1000. But will see them in Canada again when they come here.

:rolleyes:

Welcome Roz:) Love your Avi Picture... So damn lucky!!!! I am one of the oldies here as well, but if I could go to Glastonbury I would:P I have to wait for some USA stops.

Welcome Roz:) Love your Avi Picture... So damn lucky!!!! I am one of the oldies here as well, but if I could go to Glastonbury I would:P I have to wait for some USA stops.

And we will finally meet! And we will go to all the Florida and California shows! And maybe throw in a Las Vegas trip, too!

Nope because of the Olympics.

And you know why? Because with the London Olympics the next month, there won't be enough portaloo's to go around. As bizarre as it sounds that is true.

Wow. :| It's kind of hard to imagine a year without Glastonbury. . . maybe the world is ending in 2012! :uhoh:

:P

That's actually kind of a funny reason, but it makes sense. :|