✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[5-Aug-2011] Coldplay @ Lollapalooza Festival, Chicago

Ebs757

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's up to you LOL I am getting there when doors open at 11:00 AM and I think some other Coldplayers are as well. The first band hits that stage at 1 PM so as the day goes on, it will get more crowded.

I hope to meet my fellow coldplayers! I will be there at 11 as well. Is it crowded by 11 or do you think we will be able to get a spot in front of the stage? When doors open do you head to the front of the stage? I have never lined up for a concert (I usually have seats) so please forgive my dumb questions -- what do you pack/take with you for the long day? What if you have to head to the bathroom? I'm assuming you lose your spot? Again sorry for my dumb questions :embarrassed:

I hope to meet my fellow coldplayers! I will be there at 11 as well. Is it crowded by 11 or do you think we will be able to get a spot in front of the stage? When doors open do you head to the front of the stage? I have never lined up for a concert (I usually have seats) so please forgive my dumb questions -- what do you pack/take with you for the long day? What if you have to head to the bathroom? I'm assuming you lose your spot? Again sorry for my dumb questions :embarrassed:

All of these questions are running through my mind! lol

I always get like this before a concert, but then when I'm there everything works out, but I'd still like to be prepared. :laugh3:

All of these questions are running through my mind! lol

I always get like this before a concert, but then when I'm there everything works out, but I'd still like to be prepared. :laugh3:

LOL!!! Thank you! Yes as the concert date is getting nearer I'm starting to get nervous. I want everything to work out and I hope I am prepared :\

Those are not dumb questions at all. I have never been to a festival, but I have waited all day in the sun to see Coldplay general admission twice two years ago and got 1st and 2nd row. I don't think it will be that crowded by 11, but it's hard to say. Doors don't even open until 11, but I am not sure if there will be people lined up to get in, so I may get there earlier. There are a lot of other bands playing and I would think the people that get there that early will be Coldplayers! When doors open, I am running towards the stage and camping out there all day.

Some tips on things to take: SUNBLOCK - I got really sunburned last time and it was quite painful, plenty of water and food to eat, it's going to be a long day.. so last time I brought my Ipod and a book to read, but with coldplayers to talk to, you may not need either.

I am going with my best friend, so if you have somebody that can go with you, they can save your spot when you go to use the bathroom. However, I wouldn't advise you go use the bathroom when it gets close to them coming on stage, because it will be very hard to get back to your spot.

It's going to be a lot of fun and I am really looking forward to meeting all you guys!

Im excited to possibly meeting coldplayers! :D you think we should have something to tell us apart so we know we r coldplayers?, ok I guess being at the barrier at 11am may be enought to tell who's a coldplayer :P nevermind. But I guess to know who's from coldplaying?

Ill be flying in early on friday, so it would be funny if we see coldplayers while getting their luggage at the airport :P

Im excited to possibly meeting coldplayers! :D you think we should have something to tell us apart so we know we r coldplayers?, ok I guess being at the barrier at 11am may be enought to tell who's a coldplayer :P nevermind. But I guess to know who's from coldplaying?

Ill be flying in early on friday, so it would be funny if we see coldplayers while getting their luggage at the airport :P

Wear nametags with our coldplaying name? Haha, just kidding. We should definitely do some kind of meetup though.

Haha :P

How about we wear a certain color bracelet/ribbon on our wrists?

its gonna be weird though, to admit to my cousin that im on a fan forum. She we will know how obsessed I am.:lol: oh well,shell find that out sooner or later :P

R u guys gonna wear a certain coldplay shirt? I might wear my christmas gig shirt or life in technicolor :thinking:

Any older folks going? I'd like to meet any members, but figure I'd feel a bit creepy were I the only one well past 30.

I'm going to be there and I am WAY past 30. :rolleyes: I had a great time on the boat trip in November meeting Coldplayers of all ages and am looking forward to meeting more at Lollapalooza!

Haha :P

How about we wear a certain color bracelet/ribbon on our wrists?

its gonna be weird though, to admit to my cousin that im on a fan forum. She we will know how obsessed I am.:lol: oh well,shell find that out sooner or later :P

R u guys gonna wear a certain coldplay shirt? I might wear my christmas gig shirt or life in technicolor :thinking:

I like the idea of wearing a certain color bracelet so we all know that we are coldplayers. I haven't decided if I am wearing a Coldplay shirt or not, but if I do, it will be the one from the Viva tour.

Good idea. Maybe a yellow bracelet? I have one of those LiveStrong ones.

Yea I like the idea of a yellow bracelet :D

I like the idea of wearing a certain color bracelet so we all know that we are coldplayers. I haven't decided if I am wearing a Coldplay shirt or not, but if I do, it will be the one from the Viva tour.

Cool, I like the viva tour shirt :)

Cool, I like the viva tour shirt :)

I love it, I have worn it so much that I am surprised it is still in good condition. I have lost some weight recently though, so it is really big on me. So I think I may just buy another shirt in the Coldplay online store :)

I love it, I have worn it so much that I am surprised it is still in good condition. I have lost some weight recently though, so it is really big on me. So I think I may just buy another shirt in the Coldplay online store :)

Well my christmas hidden gig shirt is huge on me but its pretty comfortable :) but it might be nice to wear a new shirt for the special event :D

ooh! Congrats on the weight loss! I've lost weight recently too and none of my Viva shirts fit me. Good thing my sister just surprised me with one! I'm going to pack it just in case, but I'll pack a light-weight tank too. Just in case it gets too hot!

I really like the bracelet idea!

I need to lose some weight :\

Glad u like the bracelet idea :)

Well my christmas hidden gig shirt is huge on me but its pretty comfortable :) but it might be nice to wear a new shirt for the special event :D

Yeah, my shirt is quite comfortable. I may end up just making one myself and putting lyrics to one of the new songs on it :) I made my own shirt last time I saw them.

I think I am wearing my yellow Wembley Coldplaying shirt... you can pick that one out right away. Plus at Wembley we were able to find each other easily with that yellow shirt! :)

And I am WAY OVER 30 also! ;) And if we all find each other up front... it will be easier for us solo people to do bathroom breaks and food. I am bringing Crazy Creek cushion chair and towel to claim my space for the day. Someone on the first page had excellent list of what to bring items.

So sorry, the list was on the first page on Muse's board for Lolla... so I will show here. Is posted by Agenthal:

Lollapalooza 2011

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you a fest n00b? That's ok, Haley has done this many times. Many, MANY times. So, let me try to prevent you from making silly choices while you are on your Muser travels.

AGENTHAL'S ADVICE COLUMN

Don't be stupid, bring a backpack or at least some sort of bag. Bring in two SEALED water bottles, they have refill stations for free water (lines get long though!).

Other things for your pack:

- Sunscreen - no aerosal cans! There are plastic spray-on ones, but I recommend getting cream that's like SPF 80+ and just applying it once in the morning and you're good all day. I always do this and only my scalp burned last year. Hence the next one on this last...

- Hat

- Sunglasses

- Towel, blanket, something to sit on (no chairs, but Crazy Creeks are fine); this will get really gross, last year I just brought hotel ones with me each day

- Baby wipes

- Roll of toilet paper (trust me on these last two)

- Cash along with a credit card

- Mini fans are handy, like what they have at Disney world

- SNEAKERS. You're an idiot for wearing flip flops. At least do Tevas are something.

- Poncho. It could rain, did last year.

- Digital camera (not an SLR; you may be able to get it in but it depends if it's worth it for you)

- Also, GOLD BOND. If you ever go to a hot festival, especially Bonnaroo, that is the number 1 thing people will recommend if asked. Chafing, chafing, chafing... IS NO FUN. Unless you are super skinny, if it gets hot, you will wish you had it.

You can't bring in food, but this is the benefit of a backpack. I am always able to easily sneak in crackers and granola bars and such to last me a day at the barrier. There's food in there of course, but it's expensive and you don't always have the time (or aren't nearby)!

Keep in mind, Grant Park is HUGE. If you're planning on running to the barrier, keep in mind it's far from the gate. Will be like a 15 minute walk.

You won't be able to queue at the gate to get in early in the morning, they won't let you. Gates open at 10am I believe, though. You'll hear the Star Wars music.

Can't think of much else to say. It's a blast and I usually try to catch as many acts as possible. There's also lots of cool stuff around, like the hammock areas and the Playstation tent (they usually have free stuff like mats, sunglasses, and I won sidestage passes from them next year!). Feel free to PM me with questions.

"Please don't PM me... airieslady" This information came from Agenthal on Muse board. Thanks Agenthal!

I think I am wearing my yellow Wembley Coldplaying shirt... you can pick that one out right away. Plus at Wembley we were able to find each other easily with that yellow shirt! :)

And I am WAY OVER 30 also! ;) And if we all find each other up front... it will be easier for us solo people to do bathroom breaks and food. I am bringing Crazy Creek cushion chair and towel to claim my space for the day. Someone on the first page had excellent list of what to bring items.

Ahhh, how was Wembley? That must have been amazing to be there!

Those are not dumb questions at all. I have never been to a festival, but I have waited all day in the sun to see Coldplay general admission twice two years ago and got 1st and 2nd row. I don't think it will be that crowded by 11, but it's hard to say. Doors don't even open until 11, but I am not sure if there will be people lined up to get in, so I may get there earlier. There are a lot of other bands playing and I would think the people that get there that early will be Coldplayers! When doors open, I am running towards the stage and camping out there all day.

Some tips on things to take: SUNBLOCK - I got really sunburned last time and it was quite painful, plenty of water and food to eat, it's going to be a long day.. so last time I brought my Ipod and a book to read, but with coldplayers to talk to, you may not need either.

I am going with my best friend, so if you have somebody that can go with you, they can save your spot when you go to use the bathroom. However, I wouldn't advise you go use the bathroom when it gets close to them coming on stage, because it will be very hard to get back to your spot.

It's going to be a lot of fun and I am really looking forward to meeting all you guys!

Thank you so much for your response. It is really helpful and gives me an idea of what to expect. My brother is going to the show but as of yet I have not been able to convince to come along and line up early. So for now it will probably just be me going alone. I am really happy that I will get to hang out with other Coldplayers though. This will definitely make the day go quicker. Do you have a three day pass? Will you pick up your wristband the day before? I am really excited about the show and I look forward to meeting you. :)

You guys have great ideas! I like your suggestions to wear a coldplay shirt or a bracelet so that we can identify coldplayers. I have a Viva shirt but it is black and a little to thick so it might be very hot if I wear it. Right now I'm thinking of either buying a new shirt on Coldplay.com or maybe making my own shirt with some lyrics. :D

So sorry, the list was on the first page on Muse's board for Lolla... so I will show here. Is posted by Agenthal:

This information came from Agenthal on Muse board. Thanks Agenthal!

airieslady thank you for posting this information. Definitely very useful. I had not thought of some of these items so this really helps! :)