✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall (OUT THIS FRI(ROW)/SAT (UK)!!) - [Walking Man and Videos + GIFs + Scre

That's fine, we all have our own opinion (no hating guys, c'mon now :shifty:) although I have to say that I rather like this style of song. I don't want every song on LP5 to sound like this, but it's good to know that Coldplay are willing to step out of their comfort zone a bit and make something with so many techno elements in it. Jonny's guitar, for example, I've NEVER heard it being played like that! :stunned:

Just don't be discouraged into thinking that Coldplay have gotten lost in all the other pop/rock/techno artists. They're still Coldplay, and they haven't steered us wrong in these 11 (or more) odd years. I would trust them, and just enjoy the ride! (it's gonna be awesome!):sneaky:

Absolutely! Whatever they do is amazing! Their challenging themselves, they're experimenting, even picking up a few elements from what they've already done to improve them, and trying to understand how many beautiful different music styles they can create! We should must understand this: Coldplay don't want to repeat themselves, so they'll always try new ways of making music to just see what happens! How we react, how it is like playing it live, what music videos they may apply to it, and so on... They're the re-born Coldplay of the after-X&Y that just want to learn more about themselves and they're capabilities, not to take it seriously but to have fun! In an interview they said that this time they wouldn't have created the type of songs we fans could suppose from them, but something different, something for themselves, without caring too much about what the critics could've thought... And, my friends, I think that this way of working can only help their creativity and desire to play, adding to their irrefutable greatness.

The best thing we can do really is enjoying the ride! :nice:

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just heard it for the first time. I...like it. I don't love it yet, but I think it will grow on me. It's already starting after a few listens.

What I did like about the song right away was the guitar; it sounds really great! I also like how you can hear remnants from the Viva era, so they still have a consistent "sound" even though their style may be changing. BUT I don't like when they "distort" (I know it's not super noticeable, but you can tell it's there) Chris' voice. I like the Parachutes and AROBTTH eras because he sounds more natural.

It's not exactly what I was expecting and I'm not sure how I feel about an entire album with this style of music (though I suppose we have yet to see what LP5 will be like), but I can definitely appreciate Coldplay branching into new styles and experimenting with different things. I'm really looking forward to hear what they will play at the festivals, hearing LP5, and I am curious to see what this song sounds like live!

Heard the new single now the first times... unbelievable!

Greeeeat! AWESOME! I smile all the time now! Great job guys!

I love Johnny, i love the building of the song without chorus/refrain, how chris sings the first time in the whole track, the beat, the character...everything - except the end...but ok... ;)

Again and again!!!

Love Coldplay!

Can't understand how someone could be depressed after hearing such a lovely song! :)

Absolutely! Whatever they do is amazing! Their challenging themselves, they're experimenting, even picking up a few elements from what they've already done to improve them, and trying to understand how many beautiful different music styles they can create! We should must understand this: Coldplay don't want to repeat themselves, so they'll always try new ways of making music to just see what happens! How we react, how it is like playing it live, what music videos they may apply to it, and so on... They're the re-born Coldplay of the after-X&Y that just want to learn more about themselves and they're capabilities, not to take it seriously but to have fun! In an interview they said that this time they wouldn't have created the type of songs we fans could suppose from them, but something different, something for themselves, without caring too much about what the critics could've thought... And, my friends, I think that this way of working can only help their creativity and desire to play, adding to their irrefutable greatness.

The best thing we can do really is enjoying the ride! :nice:

And that's why they've become one of the biggest bands in the world! I think I'll love Coldplay whatever direction they choose to go in for future albums, just because they always manage to surprise me. How many people thought that Viva La Vida would get as huge as it did? No one. :P

On a second note, will there be a music video for this? I'm anxious to see one! :freak:

Why you see the similarities to Lovers in Japan or Strawberry Swing? The whole building is more chaotic with lower structure and organisation, only the guitar reminds me of Strawberry S.

Why you consider it as "main pop"-shit? I didn't heard anything like that in the radio my lifetime!

In particular with the building, the new instrument? and without a chorus it stands for itself!

Masterpiece!

I really enjoy it.

Maybe its not a huge seller then the Scientist but I think you can't compare the different albums...

So I enjoy every new thing and this is an enjoyable number!

And that's why they've become one of the biggest bands in the world! I think I'll love Coldplay whatever direction they choose to go in for future albums, just because they always manage to surprise me. How many people thought that Viva La Vida would get as huge as it did? No one. :P

On a second note, will there be a music video for this? I'm anxious to see one! :freak:

Exactly! They're probably the only band that will never disappoint us :)

Actually, that's the first thing I thought when I started to listen to this for the first time... I guess they didn't have time to make one... Maybe it will be shot during the festivals? :thinking:

Too bad there are so much haters...

The Song has the same style as Viva La Vida and everyone liked that.

I fucking love this song.

And the Melody reminds me of "Kylie Minogue - In my Arms" and also liked that 1.

The Bands are evolving and you cant stop it, so stop hating and enjoy.

Mates Haters gonna Hate, they evolve and i like it, not the best, because like they always do, they keep the best songs for 2rd ou ou 3th single...

And i have to admit i feel that i like more this one than when they release violet hill.

Mates Haters gonna Hate, they evolve and i like it, not the best, because like they always do, they keep the best songs for 2rd ou ou 3th single...

And i have to admit i feel that i like more this one than when they release violet hill.

I think it sounds great, different, but great.

What I'm wondering is what the setup will be when they perform it.

Do you think it will be like Viva La Vida, with Chris roaming around the stage area? or will he be playing that harpsichord instrument and then acoustic guitar?

James Murphy sampled Velvet Underground on LCD Soundsystem's Drunk Girls. Nobody tell me that LCD weren't one of the best bands of the past decade. Samplings are hard to pull off and require a lot of talent to make it their own.

Personally I love the new track, I think it's fantastic and could dance/jump/be enthusiastic to it all day. It remind my of LCD's All My Friends in that it follows the same two chords throughout and builds on them to a big ending.

Great work.

Too bad there are so much haters...

The Song has the same style as Viva La Vida and everyone liked that.

I fucking love this song.

And the Melody reminds me of "Kylie Minogue - In my Arms" and also liked that 1.

The Bands are evolving and you cant stop it, so stop hating and enjoy.

So everyone has to like the song and talk about how wonderful it is or else they're haters?

The whole "they evolved" shit is merely your opinion, I think a lot of people would agree they "changed" and not necessarily for the good.

And NO not everyone liked Viva La Vida :dozey:

It was a user here on Coldplaying. I meant to reply, but I don't have the slightest idea who it was or what thread it was in.

Ah, okay, thanks. I do hope we have some slower songs on this album since we really haven't had any since ARoBttH (except for Fix You, Gravity, Christmas Lights and possibly The Escapist) :(