✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall (OUT THIS FRI(ROW)/SAT (UK)!!) - [Walking Man and Videos + GIFs + Scre

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys,

maybe they had the permission to take the same sound..but if that is the result of 3years of studio work to copy a sound, i would be really disappointed :embarrassed::embarrassed::embarrassed: I loved them for their uniqueness but that isnt unique and not the coldplay i love so much...:embarrassed: whats your opinion ?!

Hi Guys,

maybe they had the permission to take the same sound..but if that is the result of 3years of studio work to copy a sound, i would be really disappointed :embarrassed::embarrassed::embarrassed: I loved them for their uniqueness but that isnt unique and not the coldplay i love so much...:embarrassed: whats your opinion ?!

shut up..

gotta say i am kinda bummed that the song has sampled theme... really, kinda expected more from the guys... yeah i know talk had samples too but this is kinda... lame. don't hate on me please for what I am about to say - but maybe the boys just didn't quite know what to do with their new direction and music... maybe they just got ... lost?

Hi Guys,

To be fair, the guys worked on Viva for three years and both The Escapist and Life In Technicolor took some elements from John Hopkin's Light Through The Veins and those songs were still brilliant. :) The guitar intro for Talk, I believe, was sampled from Kraftwork's Computer Love.

So, to me, this song is just Coldplay paying homage to another song/artist they admire or draw inspiration to. Now, if EVERY song on LP5 took the intros/melodies/what have you from other songs then yes, I would be disappointed. But, since ETiaW is just one song (a pretty cool one :cool:) then no, I'm not disappointed.

Actually, I'm even more excited now because I have no idea if Coldplay will follow this techno-y sound, or if the album will follow something else entirely!

Hi Guys,

:lol:

They used permission for a part of the song.

Its a common thing.

Maybe they did the song and realise that was similartities,so asked for permission

Hi Guys,

I think we should wait for the rest of the album until we judge their effort over the last 3 years :). Cool name btw ;)

shut up..

No need for that, the guys just expressing his opinion...

To be fair, the guys worked on Viva for three years and both The Escapist and Life In Technicolor took some elements from John Hopkin's Light Through The Veins and those songs were still brilliant. :) The guitar intro for Talk, I believe, was sampled from Kraftwork's Computer Love.

So, to me, this song is just Coldplay paying homage to another song/artist they admire or draw inspiration to. Now, if EVERY song on LP5 took the intros/melodies/what have you from other songs then yes, I would be disappointed. But, since ETiaW is just one song (a pretty cool one :cool:) then no, I'm not disappointed.

Actually, I'm even more excited now because I have no idea if Coldplay will follow this techno-y sound, or if the album will follow something else entirely!

Thanks, this is good and fair explaination of your point of view !!!:) not like"shut up" or "piss off"...

gotta say i am kinda bummed that the song has sampled theme... really, kinda expected more from the guys... yeah i know talk had samples too but this is kinda... lame. don't hate on me please for what I am about to say - but maybe the boys just didn't quite know what to do with their new direction and music... maybe they just got ... lost?

That's fine, we all have our own opinion (no hating guys, c'mon now :shifty:) although I have to say that I rather like this style of song. I don't want every song on LP5 to sound like this, but it's good to know that Coldplay are willing to step out of their comfort zone a bit and make something with so many techno elements in it. Jonny's guitar, for example, I've NEVER heard it being played like that! :stunned:

Just don't be discouraged into thinking that Coldplay have gotten lost in all the other pop/rock/techno artists. They're still Coldplay, and they haven't steered us wrong in these 11 (or more) odd years. I would trust them, and just enjoy the ride! (it's gonna be awesome!):sneaky:

It's ridicolous that some of the "fans" here have some reveling boards which can't be higher.

But that just shows how good Coldplay are acutally.

There will be always critics from everyone, for example just because nearly everybody like the new song. So come on Coldplay fans...calm down and just realaxing and enyoing the new song. :)

That's fine, we all have our own opinion (no hating guys, c'mon now :shifty:) although I have to say that I rather like this style of song. I don't want every song on LP5 to sound like this, but it's good to know that Coldplay are willing to step out of their comfort zone a bit and make something with so many techno elements in it. Jonny's guitar, for example, I've NEVER heard it being played like that! :stunned:

Just don't be discouraged into thinking that Coldplay have gotten lost in all the other pop/rock/techno artists. They're still Coldplay, and they haven't steered us wrong in these 11 (or more) odd years. I would trust them, and just enjoy the ride! (it's gonna be awesome!):sneaky:

^

agreed! x 10

To be honest, I'm disappointed. Lyrics (and title, artwork etc) aside, I guess I was expecting something more innovative. Sure Talk and LiT used pieces of other songs, but this is the lead single from LP5, and this is what we've been waiting for.

I also heard somewhere that this is the album's closer, which I hope is not true. There's no way this could ever compare to Everything's Not Lost, Amsterdam, Twisted Logic, or Death and All His Friends. Hopefully this single is not representative of the whole album.