✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall (OUT THIS FRI(ROW)/SAT (UK)!!) - [Walking Man and Videos + GIFs + Scre

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what were you guys expecting? Viva La Vida Part II - The Return of Prospekt?

every Coldplay album sounds different than every other Coldplay album.

i'm going to keep my mind open on this one. it's certainly growing on me, and as has been said, it's a great summer tune!

Totally, a lot were expecting Parachutes V :P. I love that they try new things and evolve. I love that they now have a song like this, and I'm really exited to hear what else they've tried.

By the way I've been saying this, but I'm sure Rock am Ring will be streaming... Coldplay's set most likely included!

http://www.swr3.de/specials/rockamring2011/livestream/

Tho can someone ready german?

We need b-sides! C'mon Coldplay you always have awesome b-sides, so where are they?

Nothing for Strawberry Swing

Nothing for Christmas Lights

Nothing for ETiaW

:(

it's true...

and who bought the single? or anyone know if there's b-side?

RANDOM COMMENT BEFORE I FORGET:

Jammin' Festival in Italy is June 9.

The Jersey Shore cast are currently in Italy shooting the next season.

I fully expect to see them fist-bumping to ETIAW in the front row.

Or at the very least, DJ Pauly-D will perform at a night club and mix it.

This tought makes me cringe :sick:

Let them stay in Florence

We need b-sides! C'mon Coldplay you always have awesome b-sides, so where are they?

Nothing for Strawberry Swing

Nothing for Christmas Lights

Nothing for ETiaW

:(

But is this the lead single of the new album? Maybe it's just a promotional single to tell us they're back. Because Violet Hill and Viva la Vida had B-sides, then they ran out of songs.

After much listenings to the new song,i have the idea it's not really good,it sounds too forced too bombastic it's terrible.Because this sounds not artistic at all.Coldplay's first 3albums are still the best in my opinion.But maybe LP5 will suprise we never know.

Today is a sad day..

I've got way too many thoughts on this so I thought I'd just pile it up into one big post

and if you don't like hater comments then please refrain from reading this as I don't care for an unconditional fangirl's input.

I didn't like the single (to say the least) and not just because it's bad, but because I'm tired of this.. and I'm angry.

Since I was 12 years old I've loved this band to the point where I've been bullied, I've spent money, time and strength I didn't have on them. I've fought with family and friends over them! I feel like I've dedicated so much of my life now to support them... and today I can sadly say it wasn't worth it. As ridiculous as that sounds, this single is the confirmation I needed. If Coldplay had tried at all they wouldn't have released such a shit single.

I'm worn out from trying to make sense of it all. I gave Viva La Vida a chance cause I thought "well.. a band who's made such beautiful things can't possibly be wrong with this one".. so I had to let most tracks GROW ON ME, do you realize how ridiculous that sounds? You should either like something or not.. not force yourself to like it! So lately I pondered the idea that VLV might have just been a phase and that this new single was gonna have some real music... and it was pretty much 3 times worse. Disappointing doesn't even begin to cover it.

Stop fooling yourselves, I know most of the people who like the track are really just trying to like it.. because it's Coldplay. The lyrics are pretty much just random sentences that rhyme and the melody wasn't even written by them! In my honest opinion.. they didn't try hard enough.. and I did, I tried. I worked my ass off to see them, listen to them, meet them and what-not.

So the fuck with this, there's no reason to try and let something "grow" on me cause it was written by them. If the new album is completely different from this then I'll be one happy fan (cause at this point that Ritmo de la Noche song sounds better than this). I really hope they prove me wrong, but if they don't.. I've made my peace with this whole thing.

/rant over :shame:

I'm curious how one can compare one song with a whole (concept) album. There's something about your IQ for sure.

:rolleyes: okay 'Give up the ghost' from radiohead is 100.000.000x better then this.

this new song is commercial garbage in the most purest form.

I gave Viva La Vida a chance cause I thought "well.. a band who's made such beautiful things can't possibly be wrong with this one".. so I had to let most tracks GROW ON ME, do you realize how ridiculous that sounds? You should either like something or not.. not force yourself to like it!

That's an excellent point!

Personally after listening to VLVODAAHF the first time, I ejected it from my car CD player and chucked it on the passenger side floor. I didn't listen to it again until March 2009, and that was because I realized I should familiarize myself with the songs before attending the concert. And I did eventually grow to like most of it, but what you said is right... it shouldn't have to grow on us.

Seriously it's one song! There's going to be more songs for an album and it's dumb to just stop liking Coldplay because of one new song. :shrug:

yes x 10000000000

And guys, I'm sure this isn't the first song by Coldplay that you haven't liked, right? And there will be songs after this that you may not like, either. But just because you don't like/despise/hate 10% of their songs doesn't mean you should give up on them because there will always be that other 90% of their discography that you do enjoy listening to.:)

The real problem is that if this is the style that the boys will adopt on LP5, they cannot event be compared anymore with Radiohead.

You could say that Coldplay was comparable with Radiohead on Parachutes, AROBTTH, X&Y and MAYBE on VLVODAAHF.

But not anymore. Now they are comparable on Debbie Gibson and mainstream pop hits.

The real problem is that if this is the style that the boys will adopt on LP5, they cannot event be compared anymore with Radiohead.

you can compare coldplay with radiohead with the first 3albums not with 4.

and if LP5 sounds totally like this new garbage song,coldplay will be doomed.

Coldplay has had inspiration from bands like radiohead that's obvious and now it seems like they are inspirated from the 'black eyed peas' lol but true.

Seriously it's one song! There's going to be more songs for an album and it's dumb to just stop liking Coldplay because of one new song. :shrug:

It's not one song, it's a streak of bad songs and no one is gonna "stop liking Coldplay" just the new stuff.. because the only thing the new Coldplay has in common with the old one is the name... the music can't even be deemed as "similar"