✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Positive ETIAW Thread

This thread to me is a bit silly, my negative thread had a point to be debated, but this is just kindof "Lets worship eh?". If you like it then enjoy it for the reasons you stated, clearly you'd disagree with my opinions on the song, so we wouldn't be getting anywhere.

This thread wasn't meant as a "Let's worship Coldplay" thread; it was meant to be a thread where people who enjoyed the song could talk about it without all of the haters interfering with the discussion.

Obviously that didn't happen. :wink:

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said, my "hater" thread had a point, so if you wanted this to turn out differently you could've at least given a few points as to why you like the song, that only happened once you were probed to do so.

It got a really sarcastic response because it was pretty pointless, if you had put forth a simple review of sorts, like focusing on what you enjoy about the song, then I probably would have said nothing. But this has come off as a "Lets worship" thread because there was no real point to it except not having negative opinions, which is like, sickening, that's why you get responses like the 1st one.

Positive comments about the song are welcome in my thread, but can you imagine, by contrast, someone was to make a thread "The Negative ETIAW Thread", where the point is to give negative opinions of the song? It would run amock with fangirls defending their band, as I say, it works both ways.

As I said, my "hater" thread had a point, so if you wanted this to turn out differently you could've at least given a few points as to why you like the song, that only happened once you were probed to do so.

It got a really sarcastic response because it was pretty pointless, if you had put forth a simple review of sorts, like focusing on what you enjoy about the song, then I probably would have said nothing. But this has come off as a "Lets worship" thread because there was no real point to it except not having negative opinions, which is like, sickening, that's why you get responses like the 1st one.

Positive comments about the song are welcome in my thread, but can you imagine, by contrast, someone was to make a thread "The Negative ETIAW Thread", where the point is to give negative opinions of the song? It would run amock with fangirls defending their band, as I say, it works both ways.

So now you're criticizing what other people choose to post in their threads? Wow.

I don't care if there were sarcastic comments because I can choose to ignore them. Clearly you can't do the same thing because it seems as if you are incapable of keeping your mouth shut if you see something that doesn't live up to your "superior" standards.

So now you're criticizing what other people choose to post in their threads? Wow.

I don't care if there were sarcastic comments because I can choose to ignore them. Clearly you can't do the same thing because it seems as if you are incapable of keeping your mouth shut if you see something that doesn't live up to your "superior" standards.

Actually I think you'll find I did ignore some pretty pointless posts in my thread on the 1st page. And I don't have a clue what the rest of that was about.

I was explaining why your thread has gotten a shitty response because you seem so butthurt and incapable of seeing Coldplay get a negative response, I didn't criticise it, but if you weren't expecting a negative response, you're a moron. Do you have common sense? This thread is like throwing a zebra into a circle of tigers right now. I've never once gotten personal like saying things about how you can't keep your mouth shut, well until this post.

Enjoy the song even more now just to prove us all wrong, this is going nowhere.

I like it. If that makes other people think less of me and term me as a fan girl who will like anything they put out-whatever I don't care. I like it because it's a good song.

"So you can hurt, hurt me bad but still I'll raise the flag" LOVE this lyric. Also in the beginning it mentions escaping into your favorite song. Who hasn't done that? I know people have been trashing the lyrics but I think they are beautiful.

I think people are stuck on this idea that since it is the new single and it's been awhile since the last Coldplay release it needs to be a monumental, groundbreaking masterpiece. It's a good solid song. And whats so wrong with it making people happy? That's a good thing, the world needs more happiness.

Actually I think you'll find I did ignore some pretty pointless posts in my thread on the 1st page. And I don't have a clue what the rest of that was about.

I was explaining why your thread has gotten a shitty response because you seem so butthurt and incapable of seeing Coldplay get a negative response, I didn't criticise it, but if you weren't expecting a negative response, you're a moron. Do you have common sense? This thread is like throwing a zebra into a circle of tigers right now. I've never once gotten personal like saying things about how you can't keep your mouth shut, well until this post.

Enjoy the song even more now just to prove us all wrong, this is going nowhere.

You don't need to explain anything, I'm pretty capable of thinking for myself. Also I don't understand how I've been "butthurt and incapable of seeing Coldplay get a negative response". I'd love you to explain or prove this point. I never expected this thread to be free of negative posts because I figured people like you would find it at some point and feel the need to put in your two cents if only to annoy the rest of us.

I have said many times that I can see why people don't like it. I will easily admit that there are some flaws in the song, I'm not trying to praise everything about it by making this thread. All I was trying to do was make a thread where we could instead swift our focus to the positive aspects of the song. If you have nothing to contribute then I suggest you leave. This thread wasn't intended for you.

And that ends this silly dispute. I'm not in the mood to argue with someone who is obviously too immature to leave people who don't share his opinions alone.

Here's how you can tell if the song is good or not:

Do you like it because it is truly great?

Or

Because it is simply the next Coldplay single to be released?

Most of you (including me to a large extent) will like their music not because it is good (which it is 99% of the time) but because it's a Coldplay song. We're staring to fall in love with the band, rather than their music...

That's why a lot of people "like" this rather awful song....not because it is good but because they want it to be good and because it is a Coldplay song....

I almost fell for the same thing but after hearing it and taking a moment to pause and think deeply....i though "wait....I don't like this!" :bigcry:

EDIT:I understand that this is the "positive" thread so I'll be on my way :)

well here is the question, do hate the song because is bad or do you hate the song because is pop?

i've talked about this before and i think i have a valid point saying that a lot of people who dislike the song are closed minded and dont appreciate music other than soft/alternative rock....or only rock.

well here is the question, do hate the song because is bad or do you hate the song because is pop?

i've talked about this before and i think i have a valid point saying that a lot of people who dislike the song are closed minded and dont appreciate music other than soft/alternative rock....or only rock.

Because it is bad...plain and simple...

If I hated it because it was pop...I'd hate Viva too....

Most pop sucks but I'm not close minded at all....rather those who seem to like it because it's from CP seem to be.

If "Friday" was a Coldplay song...would you all "like" it?

+1!

Also I don't understand how I've been "butthurt and incapable of seeing Coldplay get a negative response". I'd love you to explain or prove this point..

Hmmm.

I just wish that the people who don't like the song would stop trying to bring the rest of us down.

I think it's ridiculous that people are "outraged". Coldplay has the right to release whatever they want. No matter what they release, there is going to be someone who doesn't like it. There's no way they can make everyone happy, so why should they try and cater to a select few?

If you aren't willing to accept that some of us like the song and if you are going to continue to attack us because our opinion isn't "as good as yours", then you don't have to post in this thread. No one is forcing you to.

This thread wasn't meant as a "Let's worship Coldplay" thread; it was meant to be a thread where people who enjoyed the song could talk about it without all of the haters interfering with the discussion.

Don't really need to explain more.

Because it is bad...plain and simple...

If I hated it because it was pop...I'd hate Viva too....

Most pop sucks but I'm not close minded at all....rather those who seem to like it because it's from CP seem to be.

If "Friday" was a Coldplay song...would you all "like" it?

no i wont like it and you are going too far....are you comparing it to friday? :rolleyes:

ok first lets face it, ETIAW is a pop song, but just because is pop, it doesnt mean it sucks like justin bieber or lady gaga(well shockingly rolling stone gave it a 4/5 on her last album)

maybe coldplay can change and do an electropop album something like LCD soundsystem, which got positive reviews by critics, i really dont care if they change as long as they make good music.

or maybe the album is not gonna sound like ETIAW maybe they will have more ''coldplayish" songs, lets wait for the whole album and then critisize

From what I can see even the people who like it, it's like they want to like it, for example this is a thread that focuses on positive elements of the song and the only compliments so far is that it makes people feel good, nobody has mentioned lyrics, progression, the vocals, bass/guitar/drum parts, it's just made you feel good.

And the reason it's made you feel good is because it's Coldplay and it's familiarity.

Wrong, I wrote my opinions on the song in the "rate the song" thread and I said that I love the lyrics, vocals, melody, and bass in the song. I initially rated the song a 9.5 but have now changed it to a 10. I love it! :)

Edited to add: and what the heck is the problem with pop? The main complaint for people who are bashing ETIAW is that the song is "too pop" or "too mainstream." I am open to listening to all genres of music. As long as the song has good lyrics or a good beat I will listen to it. I don't care if coldplay's songs are classified as rock or pop or whatever. I am a Coldplay fan because I love their lyrics - not because they are classified as rock.

You, are, an English speaker right?

I said that the only people who have written compliments in this thread have simply said that it makes them feel good, and then you have made the point that in another thread you had made other detailed opinions as to why you like it.

Obviously I don't know every single persons opinion and how they've stated it generally on this forum, just relating to this positive thread.

You, are, an English speaker right?

I said that the only people who have written compliments in this thread have simply said that it makes them feel good, and then you have made the point that in another thread you had made other detailed opinions as to why you like it.

Obviously I don't know every single persons opinion and how they've stated it generally on this forum, just relating to this positive thread.

Wrong again. You can read and write English right? You said in your post "From what I can see even the people who like it, it's like they want to like it, for example..." This to me suggests that your opinion was based on various sources and that one example to support your argument was the comments IN this thread." So now you have my opinion I don't "want to like it"-- I do like it. And not only because the song makes me feel good.

Well since you missed it in the other thread, which you should have read before making generalizations, now you have my opinion.

Are you like the dumbest person on here?!

I didn't make generalisations, I said that in this thread nobody had made points as to why they specifically like the song, which I've put into italics for you to understand, and please, please right now, read my previous post again and this time try to flex your brain a bit, to shake the cobwebs out.

So to make this clear, this bit:

Yes, obviously I can't have seen every single fucking post on this forum, there's been hundreds, so I'll make it clear again for you, you unfortunate person, in this thread I had not seen at the time any actual reasons for the song being good, and by, in this thread, I don't mean: outside of this thread.

Hope that helps.

Are you like the dumbest person on here?!

I didn't make generalisations, I said that in this thread nobody had made points as to why they specifically like the song, which I've put into italics for you to understand, and please, please right now, read my previous post again and this time try to flex your brain a bit, to shake the cobwebs out.

So to make this clear, this bit:

Yes, obviously I can't have seen every single fucking post on this forum, there's been hundreds, so I'll make it clear again for you, you unfortunate person, in this thread I had not seen at the time any actual reasons for the song being good, and by, in this thread, I don't mean: outside of this thread.

Hope that helps.

Nope not the dumbest but clearly you are the most ignorant. Trust me it shows