✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Positive ETIAW Thread

haha that's why I read the username next to the posts, because some people will praise the song even if it's just chris burping (haha just reminded someone said this a few days ago).

The opinions aren't really that positive. Lots of people disliked the song

No I don't praise all Coldplay-stuff but ETIAW is FOR ME a lovely song! Brilliant.

Ok, then a lots of people dislike the song but even more lots of people like it.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I can see even the people who like it, it's like they want to like it, for example this is a thread that focuses on positive elements of the song and the only compliments so far is that it makes people feel good, nobody has mentioned lyrics, progression, the vocals, bass/guitar/drum parts, it's just made you feel good.

And the reason it's made you feel good is because it's Coldplay and it's familiarity.

Yes I do want to like it :) and I do. Just dnt love it yet :P

What's wrong with wanting to like something. Its not like we r making you want to like it :P

You say that ETIAW is a good song, but why so many hate it?!

it works both ways. But the people who dislike it are actually giving reasons.

No, because most of the users voted for 7-10 points, and this is good-brilliant.

Consequently it isn't that shame (the song, I feel that you think so).

I just say that I love the song and that most of the users seem to like it too, so we don't need that thread. Nevertheless there could be a "negative ETIAW"-thread. That would fit better into the poll results.

I dont think its bad at all.

Well done..

Much better than XMAS lights of which was so poor I gave it 2 minutes then gave up... coming from a coldplay fan, who´s life has been changed somewhat by his random discovery of the group almost 9 years ago...

what a long post and you just said that ETIAW is a happy song :lol:

Well they're having a lot of attention but the media isn't actually being that nice. I don't think that's good for them.

I remember it was you :P

It is a celebration song, it's about expressing what you want to express. It's a positive spin on a not so deep idea. But if indeed it is a closer on the album I can see it being an excellent celebration of the album and of life in general. Very uplifting.

And the media is always gonna bash Coldplay. They bash them when they make slow songs, they bash them when they release something like this. It's trendy to hate on Coldplay, get over it.

From what I can see even the people who like it, it's like they want to like it, for example this is a thread that focuses on positive elements of the song and the only compliments so far is that it makes people feel good, nobody has mentioned lyrics, progression, the vocals, bass/guitar/drum parts, it's just made you feel good.

And the reason it's made you feel good is because it's Coldplay and it's familiarity.

Why shouldn't Coldplay don't procude silly song after the great albums?! This would be just normal and no shame!

No, because most of the users voted for 7-10 points, and this is good-brilliant.

Consequently it isn't that shame (the song, I feel that you think so).

I just say that I love the song and that most of the users seem to like it too, so we don't need that thread. Nevertheless there could be a "negative ETIAW"-thread. That would fit better into the poll results.

Your criteria makes no sense, which makes your point invalid.

Yes I do want to like it :) and I do. Just dnt love it yet :P

What's wrong with wanting to like something. Its not like we r making you want to like it :P

I can understand people who hope that the new Coldplay song is good so they'll like it, but I don't understand people who hear the new Coldplay song and then want to like it, there's a big difference there.

It's like you're all kidding yourselves, and I've done it before- for example when I wanted to like a debut album by Zwan, because I liked the Smashing Pumpkins, and loved that CD for weeks before realising it was awful, and I felt foolish for being such an idiot that my pre-disposition had controlled my opinions.

But hey, enjoy, ignorance is bliss eh.

I dont think its bad at all.

Well done..

Much better than XMAS lights of which was so poor I gave it 2 minutes then gave up... coming from a coldplay fan, who´s life has been changed somewhat by his random discovery of the group almost 9 years ago...

What a random discovery after they were world freaking famous.

It is a celebration song, it's about expressing what you want to express.

That sounds like Gaga's Born This Way :lol:

And the lyrics make as much sense as Rebecca Black's Friday

. But if indeed it is a closer on the album I can see it being an excellent celebration of the album and of life in general. Very uplifting.

I think you would need to completely forget what the song says, or pretend you don't know english because when you mix the song and the lyrics, man it's bad

I like the guitar but still think the song is not for Coldplay :blank:

And the media is always gonna bash Coldplay. They bash them when they make slow songs, they bash them when they release something like this. It's trendy to hate on Coldplay, get over it.

They're not helping themselves with this song anyway :(

I dnt know, but I do like it :P

and all I want to do is give it a chance because I've had other songs that I wasn't crazy about before, but after I gave them a chance I ended up loving them. Im still a little undecided on this new song. I switch from loving it to only liking it. So im just listening to the song and see what happens :)

I can understand people who hope that the new Coldplay song is good so they'll like it, but I don't understand people who hear the new Coldplay song and then want to like it, there's a big difference there.

It's like you're all kidding yourselves, and I've done it before- for example when I wanted to like a debut album by Zwan, because I liked the Smashing Pumpkins, and loved that CD for weeks before realising it was awful, and I felt foolish for being such an idiot that my pre-disposition had controlled my opinions.

21991628.png

ps: post #42 lawl

I don't like the song because I want to like it - I like it because I like the tune, it's catchy, I like the lyrics, the guitar sounds great, and it's just a good uplifting song in general.

I can completely understand that others do not like the song because we all have different taste. I just wish that the people who don't like the song would stop trying to bring the rest of us down.

Your criteria makes no sense, which makes your point invalid.

Why its invalid if the majority of all users say that the new song is at least ok/good/brilliant?!

Your logic is a little bit crazy, isn't it?

So why we need this thread if the most of us accept and like the song?

Or why they pushed the button?

Why its invalid if the majority of all users say that the new song is at least ok/good/brilliant?!

Your logic is a little bit crazy, isn't it?

So why we need this thread if the most of us accept and like the song?

Or why they pushed the button?

Like someone said in some other thread, opinion isn't fact. It doesn't matter that many like it, that's their opinion, so yes, your point is invalid cos you think that opinion is fact. DOH.

I'm sorry for those of you who like it. There is an overwhelmingly negative reaction to this song on nearly every website I've gone to. Twitter, Facebook, you name it. People everywhere are outraged that Coldplay released the piece of shite that is ETIAW. Coldplay has the POTENTIAL to do so much more yet they spend several years to release this?

Since when is it necessary to come up an advanced critique of a song's chord progressions or vocals in order to like it? That's like saying you don't really like chocolate unless you've studied its molecular structure.

Seriously, let the people who like ETIAW like it in peace.

You guys thought Coldplaying's reaction was intense, did you see what happened when Taiwan's Parliament heard the song? :p

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfaNHtKkffA&feature=related]YouTube - ‪Huge Brawl at Taiwan Parliament‬‏[/ame]

Since when is it necessary to come up an advanced critique of a song's chord progressions or vocals in order to like it? That's like saying you don't really like chocolate unless you've studied its molecular structure.

Seriously, let the people who like ETIAW like it in peace.

This.

If you aren't willing to accept that some of us like the song and if you are going to continue to attack us because our opinion isn't "as good as yours", then you don't have to post in this thread. No one is forcing you to.

Here's how you can tell if the song is good or not:

Do you like it because it is truly great?

Or

Because it is simply the next Coldplay single to be released?

Most of you (including me to a large extent) will like their music not because it is good (which it is 99% of the time) but because it's a Coldplay song. We're staring to fall in love with the band, rather than their music...

That's why a lot of people "like" this rather awful song....not because it is good but because they want it to be good and because it is a Coldplay song....

I almost fell for the same thing but after hearing it and taking a moment to pause and think deeply....i though "wait....I don't like this!" :bigcry:

EDIT:I understand that this is the "positive" thread so I'll be on my way :)

I don't like the song because I want to like it - I like it because I like the tune, it's catchy, I like the lyrics, the guitar sounds great, and it's just a good uplifting song in general.

I can completely understand that others do not like the song because we all have different taste. I just wish that the people who don't like the song would stop trying to bring the rest of us down.

This works both ways, in this thread we've seen people trying to bring people down, and others trying to bring the rest of us up (I do realise that's not a saying but you know what I mean).

Apologies for generalising but I see a lot of people wanting to like it, a girl in this thread admitted to that, I just spoke to someone on MSN who literally said they like Coldplays music nomatter how shitty it can be sometimes. If you like it because you think it's a good song, then I can't dispute that, it's a matter of taste, but generally, I don't see any reasons for people who claim to like it, other then it's a brilliant song etc.

The voting has been overwhelmingly in Coldplay's favour, but to me, those people are passive and as someone else said, they could have released a single of Chris Martin coughing and in a general vote in this section it would probably get a good response. My favourite music is minimal techno, I've never felt a need to defend it because even though the majority of people think it's totally shit, I love it, I don't need to get that across to anyone because when I listen to it, it's mine and that's all that matters.

This thread to me is a bit silly, my negative thread had a point to be debated, but this is just kindof "Lets worship eh?". If you like it then enjoy it for the reasons you stated, clearly you'd disagree with my opinions on the song, so we wouldn't be getting anywhere.