✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Positive ETIAW Thread

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Staying alive

It is truly a very different and a bit too mainstream sound... I gues there's nothing wrong with the band wanting to reach a different and bigger crowd.

I personally don't love it, and think is only a very fun summery dancin song, easily forgettable....but I think there's nothing to be afraid about 'cause all the hard-root fans trully know Coldplay and know that we'll still have them back...meaning we will hear the regular coldplay sound in the future. So, let them have their moment, it's O.K. we haven't lost them. Lyrics, for example, sound tipically deep and meaningful.

Kudos for the band, keep the great work

there is something on my mind , i dont know how to express it but iLL try :D

I LOVE THIS SONG . dose that make it good ? no

some ppl hate it . dose that make it a bad song ? no

i love it coz i like chris voice . i love it coz i love the lyrics , the tone , the beat .

i love it coz i love coldplay . dose not matter to me :D

the thing is i love it .

Thank you for making this thread :)

im gonna hang out here for a while now. Although I did make some criticism about the song, i still do like it and im listening to it to let it grow on me. I need to read a positive thread to help me focus on the positives :D

I am with you here. I also really want to love it, but so far I only like it. Hopefully that will change. First time this has ever happened to me with a Coldplay single!

I am with you here. I also really want to love it, but so far I only like it. Hopefully that will change. First time this has ever happened to me with a Coldplay single!

Yea hopefully it will change for you. Its grown on me since yesterday:D yesterday was just a weird day for me, I was afraid of the new direction they r headed. But then I thought...its colplay! They haven't let me down yet!

Well Its happened before that I dnt immediately love a song, believe it or not I didn't like politik right away:stunned: but I can't even express how much I love that song now!

So I think its also being on this forum that may impact how u feel about the song. There's so many negative comments picking away at the song. and that does affect how u feel about the song. That's why im glad this section was made to make me see its alright, the song is good. (Well at least there are people that think it) and that its ok to like it :)

Sorryfor the long post.

P.s

its ok to only like it and not love it. You'll enjoy it more if you aren't forcing it and you listen to it because you like it. Its not a requirement to love every single song :P

In an interview in 2008 when VLV was coming out,Chris said he doesnt want people to make a decision on a song after 1 listen,He knows it takes a few listens to get a sense of the song.

That happened to me on so many songs.I never really liked Speed of Sound or the Hardest Part and now I love them

In an interview in 2008 when VLV was coming out,Chris said he doesnt want people to make a decision on a song after 1 listen,He knows it takes a few listens to get a sense of the song.

That happened to me on so many songs.I never really liked Speed of Sound or the Hardest Part and now I love them

yeah of course you need to listen to a song more than one time to make a judgment

imagine people judging radiohead songs after one listen, they woud be one of the worst bands on earth i think

I like this song, when I listen it I want to dance!! :dance:

The lyrics are OK to me, and Chris' voice is good, but I really hope this song won't be on LP5, even if I like it it's too much pop, and Coldplay can do it better (Us Against The World? :D).

Some people need to learn a little tact and keep their opinion to themselves. But then again this is the internet, and we shouldn't expect common decency. Thank fuck for threads like these! Our parade will go on in spite of the rain.

lolwut? read that again. it's somehow indecent to express your opinion? what the hell do you think you're doing?

There's a difference between expressing one's opinion and doing so to intentionally to piss off others. Google 'schadenfreude' i.e. the concept behind trolling.

the vast majority of the people who dislike the song aren't trolls. But regular, respectable forum goers. No one expresses dislike to piss you off, they dislike it because their honest opinion is that it is an awful song.