✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay: Greatest downfall in the history of music?

Thats four minutes of utter dross....Ive said this before and its time to say it again..Coldplay are a bunch of lentil eating shandy pants and wouldnt know how to kick ass if their lives depended on it.. Please god make them stop..What a load of whiney self indulgent harpsicord driven tripe...

A Rush Of Blood is a very good albums IMHO, and the bloated X & Y has a handful of very good tracks. This on the other hand makes me wonder if Brian Eno is losing it too. It took them 18 months in the studio to come up with this?

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sparks was 11 years ago, you can't expect them to do the same sort of music forever.

I love both songs, but I love Sparks more :)

I'm not saying that and it's not just about Sparks either. But it's not like they have to produce shit music now just because the music has to be different than before.

I'm not saying that and it's not just about Sparks either. But it's not like they have to produce shit music now just because the music has to be different than before.

Oh come on, it's not THAT shit :stunned:

It's just not really their best.

I think that the guys have arrived in a place where they really just want to change all the time - due to the fact that their earlier records were called boring, sleep inducing etc. and they don't really know how to make it as interesting as the earlier stuff was. Plus I think that somewhere along the line they lost sight of how good they used to be when they kept it really simple. :shrug:

That being said, I like Teardrop - love Sparks.

I'm going to wait until I hear the other new songs to acctually get a real opinion.

Guest howyousawtheworld

You can't expect them to make the same type of music all the time. It's a moronic thread (sorry Josh but it is) really because it discounts all the stuff in between the two songs many of which are ten times better than Sparks which is a nice little song but if we're calling it their best then errr no. ETIAW just isn't good but come on the overreaction from both sides to one song is the most ridiculous thing ever.

Thats four minutes of utter dross....Ive said this before and its time to say it again..Coldplay are a bunch of lentil eating shandy pants and wouldnt know how to kick ass if their lives depended on it.. Please god make them stop..What a load of whiney self indulgent harpsicord driven tripe...

A Rush Of Blood is a very good albums IMHO, and the bloated X & Y has a handful of very good tracks. This on the other hand makes me wonder if Brian Eno is losing it too. It took them 18 months in the studio to come up with this?

Another ridiculous comment from someone. This comment is not only bitter but incredibly rude. You wouldn't have the bottle to go up to them and say this so you choose to hide behind a computer screen.

I get it that people don't like this song, everyone is intitled to their opinion but some people have been saying they have let their fans down. The need to change you cant keep making the same stuff over and over again or the music you made looses integrity. I really like the song personally, is it better than some of their older stuff? No. but its still good. Some people need to get over it.

To the person who made this comment, get off this forum as its a place for coldplay fans which you clearly are not

I feel embarrassed by some "fans" responses, fair enough it's OK to dislike the song and voice that opinion but you're taking it a little far. Remember when Chris used to say we were the best fans in the world??

Coldplay are the best band in the world because they only release good music, compare that to other artists that regularly put out terrible singles, even entire albums. I love the new song and so do the vast majority. If anyone thinks they've sold out then they are very stupid indeed.

Guest howyousawtheworld

I've seen a lot of videos of their performance from last nights Rock Im Park gig.

If that's a band in downfall then to me downfall looks pretty great.

You can't expect them to make the same type of music all the time.

They want to change, we get it. The only problem is that they made the worst possible change: from good music to bad music.

If sticking to a particular type of music is a necessary condition for Coldplay to make good music, so be it. I don't care.

Guest howyousawtheworld
They want to change, we get it. The only problem is that they made the worst possible change: from good music to bad music.

If sticking to a particular type of music is a necessary condition for Coldplay to make good music, so be it. I don't care.

It'd be impossible for them to stick to the same sort of music. If their last two albums were like Parachutes and AROBTTH then it'd become incredibly boring and uninspired and that would show in the quality of music. VLV was in my honest opinion is a far better and advanced album than Parachutes (which is seriously overrated by some I feel) and sits alongside AROBTTH as their best.

Maybe we're making a rush judgement. What I thought when I listened to ETIAW the first time was: Well, that's not what I expected, ie more acoustic and intimate stuff, but I like this colourful theme, graffiti style...Let's see what else they have in store for us, hope we'll end up loving the new album.

It'd be impossible for them to stick to the same sort of music. If their last two albums were like Parachutes and AROBTTH then it'd become incredibly boring and uninspired and that would show in the quality of music. VLV was in my honest opinion is a far better and advanced album than Parachutes (which is seriously overrated by some I feel) and sits alongside AROBTTH as their best.

IMO, X&Y is their best album.

They clearly changed from X&Y to VLV. And I honestly don't care. The only thing that matters is that VLV is a great album.

In ETIAW it seems they pushed it. It doesn't sound natural, it's simply bad.

i agree staying the same slow songs is kinda boring if its too much they want to expand their discography and make it better and get more fans

No one asked them to keep on making slow songs ONLY.

Stop saying good music and bad music, when all you mean is music you like and music you dislike. Viva La Vida Era and this new song is far better than Parachutes, imo.

Also, the avatar of the threadstarter says it all.

Maybe we're making a rush judgement. What I thought when I listened to ETIAW the first time was: Well, that's not what I expected, ie more acoustic and intimate stuff, but I like this colourful theme, graffiti style...Let's see what else they have in store for us, hope we'll end up loving the new album.
THIS

Stop saying good music and bad music, when all you mean is music you like and music you dislike.

Yes I'm sure you've never used the term "That's bad music", but now that it's about Coldplay you need to get so freaking technical over it because your little heart is crushed.