✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay: Greatest downfall in the history of music?

Yes I'm sure you've never used the term "That's bad music", but now that it's about Coldplay you need to get so freaking technical over it because your little heart is crushed.

I don't get your point, I assume you're just angry.

All I'm saying is: How can the person who started this thread call it a downfall (even the greatest in music history), just because he likes Parachutes more than the rest. I mean critics praised Viva La Vida, it won 3 grammies and commercial performance was also pretty good. These are facts. While the new song was just released, we don't even know if it is on the new album or not. How?

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ LOL agreed :p

I agree with some of you who are still waiting for the album and being optimistic.

But you guys have to remember, Coldplays gotta grow as a band. They have to experiment. I mean come on atleast they aren't singing about sex and drugs as many other artists these days. :)

I also was confused when I first heard the song, its like a dance song, but towards the end it came together and it became a Coldplay song. :smug:

So, you're trying to prove ETIAW is good by saying there are worse songs around. Weak strategy, my friend.

I was just trying to be optimistic, unlike everyone else.

Is this what everyone wanted?

If it is, you guys just should have waited instead of jumping to conclusions...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KWe-kNpz14]YouTube - ‪Us Against The World - Coldplay live at Rock im Park in Nuremberg 2011‬‏[/ame]

I thought about rihanna when I first read the lyrics. Yeah, the song it's not their best and the lyrics are forgettable, but after listenig to it...I like it and enjoy it. (Still love the past eras more). What really bothers me it's that it sounds the same as"Ritmo de la noche" at the beginning haha. Anyway..Im just happy they're back and excited to see them perform.

I don't get your point, I assume you're just angry.

All I'm saying is: How can the person who started this thread call it a downfall (even the greatest in music history), just because he likes Parachutes more than the rest. I mean critics praised Viva La Vida, it won 3 grammies and commercial performance was also pretty good. These are facts. While the new song was just released, we don't even know if it is on the new album or not. How?

My point was that you're getting technical about people saying "Bad music" because it involves your little band, you know exactly what they mean and people shouldn't have to phrase every opinion as "In my opinion to be completely honest I do not feel that in my view this song is actually that good but this is just what I think personally and in no way is fact it's just an opinion".

When they say "This is fucking bad music" it's up to you to have the common sense to remember that it's an opinion, we don't have to keep reminding you, and surely in the past you've used the term "bad music", it's natural, stop being so picky just because it's about Coldplay.

I was just trying to be optimistic, unlike everyone else.

Is this what everyone wanted?

If it is, you guys just should have waited instead of jumping to conclusions...

YouTube - ‪Us Against The World - Coldplay live at Rock im Park in Nuremberg 2011‬‏

Thank you for that! This is an amazing song. And I looked at all the videos of the other new songs that this girl uploaded and though the sound quality is poor, they seem like really good songs!

I thought about rihanna when I first read the lyrics. Yeah, the song it's not their best and the lyrics are forgettable, but after listenig to it...I like it and enjoy it. (Still love the past eras more). What really bothers me it's that it sounds the same as"Ritmo de la noche" at the beginning haha. Anyway..Im just happy they're back and excited to see them perform.

"Ritmo de la noche" is Scottish? :thinking: you've never heard the folklores of Scottish dance?

Guest howyousawtheworld
My point was that you're getting technical about people saying "Bad music" because it involves your little band, you know exactly what they mean and people shouldn't have to phrase every opinion as "In my opinion to be completely honest I do not feel that in my view this song is actually that good but this is just what I think personally and in no way is fact it's just an opinion".

When they say "This is fucking bad music" it's up to you to have the common sense to remember that it's an opinion, we don't have to keep reminding you, and surely in the past you've used the term "bad music", it's natural, stop being so picky just because it's about Coldplay.

You've probably reposted the same post but in different ways about a thousand times already now. Slow work day or just bored at home?

"Ritmo de la noche" is Scottish? :thinking: you've never heard the folklores of Scottish dance?

yes, and I like how that part sounds..the reason I don't like Ritmo de la Noche is because it brings bad memories lol (personal appreciation)

No, I'm not getting technical. See, I don't care whether one says "This is bad" or "My opinion is that this is bad" (of course it's his opinion), this wasn't my point. But when I read the thread title "The Greatest Downfall in the History" I start thinking that it is generally accepted to be a downfall, and all we're discussing is if it is the greatest or if there are others. And this is annoying because it is not a fact that there actually is a downfall.

I don't think the song is that bad. I mean I don't like it at all and even as a pop song is quite forgettable but I don't see it as the hideous musical blasphemy many claim it to be. In addition Sparks is just as clumsy and faggy as Every teardrop is a waterfall except that it's more natural and lyrics are slightly better. I think their peak point was A rush of Blood to the Head. Viva la Vida just like Parachutes has its downfalls and its sparkling moments. If anything, Viva as a whole is more solid, but Parachute's solid moments are better than Viva's.

AROBTTH

Parachutes

Viva

X&Y

I feel embarrassed by some "fans" responses, fair enough it's OK to dislike the song and voice that opinion but you're taking it a little far. Remember when Chris used to say we were the best fans in the world??

Coldplay are the best band in the world because they only release good music, compare that to other artists that regularly put out terrible singles, even entire albums. I love the new song and so do the vast majority. If anyone thinks they've sold out then they are very stupid indeed.

I think this is the best thing i've heard on these forums these last two days. Spot on

You've probably reposted the same post but in different ways about a thousand times already now. Slow work day or just bored at home?

I had posted that same thing once and had to repeat myself, where the hell are you getting the 'thousands of times'? Show me.

And I don't work on a Saturday, what the fuck does this have to do with anything?

No, I'm not getting technical. See, I don't care whether one says "This is bad" or "My opinion is that this is bad" (of course it's his opinion), this wasn't my point. But when I read the thread title "The Greatest Downfall in the History" I start thinking that it is generally accepted to be a downfall, and all we're discussing is if it is a greatest or if there are others. And this is annoying because it is not a fact that there actually is a downfall.

Well I got the impression from this:

Stop saying good music and bad music, when all you mean is music you like and music you dislike. Viva La Vida Era and this new song is far better than Parachutes, imo..

I think you can see why I got that impression.

But anyway, it goes back to the same principle, I can't believe you're reminding us that this is all opinions, which we already know, and then bring up that VLV had won awards and had commercial success, stating it as though it's a fact that it's a good album, people can still think it's shit, as I do.

Ironically this still comes back to whether or not a person uses "In my opinion" or not, just imagine the topic starter said "In my opinion this is the biggest downfall in music, does anyone else agree with my opinion?" instead of stating it factually.

And this is annoying because it is not a fact that there actually is a downfall.

That's your fault for being annoyed for being so defensive, people agree to whatever the hell they like so if they agree that in their opinions it's the greatest downfall then that's up to them, just keep imagining "In my opinion" said before and after every single 'fact' and stop this pointless, utterly pointless argument.

I like nonsense of my interpretation they are still performing Viva La Vida era and Violet Hill . in england after the victory flag of freedom is always a woman who carries and not more man. (clip viva la vida)

Marianne for Will

Guy private in France is still for him.

well I hope the new generation Coldplay one day ? :D

they are cool Scottish wedding dances ETIAW era Viva La Vida long live the king Guy ;)

And where's the other thousand times I had repeated my argument over how people shouldn't have to keep saying "IMO"?

Oh yeah, those don't exist.

You are not that dumb not to understand that my point is not about the way people write, are you? If you want to play with words, you can keep posting long posts where you say absolutely nothing and i won't reply to you anymore.