✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay: Greatest downfall in the history of music?

I like the new songs, (even if ETIAW is not my favourite, and it's not like the other new ones) they are a bit more rock....:D Jonny guitar is more hard and active compared to the past......and that's absolutely good!!!

I suppose from the setlist of Rock am ring and from the new songs that the new album will be quite rock yeeeeah!! :D

And I don't think that's the danwfall of the band, they're just changing!!!

Every artist from music, art, literature and so on, has few masterpieces in their carrer.

And if you think about it, if every single work of an artist should be a masterpiece greater than the previous one....O_O it would be just a temporary masterpiece!!! :P

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, I get realy realy realy sad and ashamed that you feel this way about the song and the band, but I gotta say: EVERYONE HERE who is saying kinda 'I'm afraid Coldplay is gonna fall' or 'It's not Coldplay at all', are going to APOLOGIZE and REGRET about saying such things.

WE ALL watched Rock am Ring Yesterday. Was that NOT Coldplay at all? Have you felt the band has gone down? I PAY you if you say you didn't get chills one or two times at least watching that concert. Have you seen the guys who were there? Full Tattooed Guys, EMO, RIPPIE, NO ONE COULD GET STOPPED when they played ETIAW. THAT'S what Coldplay wants! They want to make people HAPPY! They want to make everybody have such a good time!

I really get sad when I read things like Coldplay is a falling band. I just think you have to wait for the album to have an oppinion of the future of the band. We've got to consider where the track is among all the others. Maybe it's gonna be like Viva La Vida, coming after Chinese Sleep Chant, balancing the album sonority.

I, from my heart, hope everybody is gonna, in the end, jump a lot in the shows and FORGET all this RUBBISH about their career.

THIS IS COLDPLAY - THIS IS OUR BAND - THEY WANT TO MAKE USHAPPY!

Sorry for the english

Guys, I get realy realy realy sad and ashamed that you feel this way about the song and the band, but I gotta say: EVERYONE HERE who is saying kinda 'I'm afraid Coldplay is gonna fall' or 'It's not Coldplay at all', are going to APOLOGIZE and REGRET about saying such things.

WE ALL watched Rock am Ring Yesterday. Was that NOT Coldplay at all? Have you felt the band has gone down? I PAY you if you say you didn't get chills one or two times at least watching that concert. Have you seen the guys who were there? Full Tattooed Guys, EMO, RIPPIE, NO ONE COULD GET STOPPED when they played ETIAW. THAT'S what Coldplay wants! They want to make people HAPPY! They want to make everybody have such a good time!

I really get sad when I read things like Coldplay is a falling band. I just think you have to wait for the album to have an oppinion of the future of the band. We've got to consider where the track is among all the others. Maybe it's gonna be like Viva La Vida, coming after Chinese Sleep Chant, balancing the album sonority.

I, from my heart, hope everybody is gonna, in the end, jump a lot in the shows and FORGET all this RUBBISH about their career.

THIS IS COLDPLAY - THIS IS OUR BAND - THEY WANT TO MAKE USHAPPY!

Sorry for the english

Well you better pay up because I didn't get chills at all.

The new songs are mediocre, nothing that blew me away at all or even made me want to listen to the song again.

Also the reason why there were that many people is the fact that it's a festival so of course you're going to get a wide range of people.

I can say I can form an opinion on the band based on their track record. The last album was very disappointing, and the new single sucks. Also I seriously think at this point they care more about appealing to younger crowds rather than try to produce more meaningful or emotional music as they did their first albums.

Well you better pay up because I didn't get chills at all.

The new songs are mediocre, nothing that blew me away at all or even made me want to listen to the song again.

Also the reason why there were that many people is the fact that it's a festival so of course you're going to get a wide range of people.

I can say I can form an opinion on the band based on their track record. The last album was very disappointing, and the new single sucks. Also I seriously think at this point they care more about appealing to younger crowds rather than try to produce more meaningful or emotional music as they did their first albums.

Okay, I am not going to say anything, become a hater, don't go to the shows... whatever, I'm gonna be there, YOU are the one who is losing thinking like that.

I'm full of trying to make people understand, if you want Parachutes back, sit down and wait, but bring food and water 'cause it WILLtake centuries

Okay, I am not going to say anything, become a hater, don't go to the shows... whatever, I'm gonna be there, YOU are the one who is losing thinking like that.

I'm full of trying to make people understand, if you want Parachutes back, sit down and wait, but bring food and water 'cause it WILLtake centuries

Clearly you don't know me because I have given the band more than enough chances to come out w/ good music. And also I have seen the band 5 times (more than any other band).

I just don't like the sound direction they've headed towards. For them less is more was an equation that worked best for them. The first two (and even 3rd album) worked extremely well because it was for the most part stripped down and was quality music. The last album and single is just all over the place I don't know what the band is trying to do anymore.

Also I don't have to be a fan of everything the band releases. If the band released a song of just burping would you honestly think it's amazing just because it's by Coldplay?

Also the band is human, and every band has songs or eras that are not good. So why make excuses for a band that has clearly lost their way? I think it's pretty ignorant to automatically like a song or album by a band just because it's who it's by. This is coming from a huge Radiohead fan who was initially very disappointed by their new album.

Clearly you don't know me because I have given the band more than enough chances to come out w/ good music. And also I have seen the band 5 times (more than any other band).

I just don't like the sound direction they've headed towards. For them less is more was an equation that worked best for them. The first two (and even 3rd album) worked extremely well because it was for the most part stripped down and was quality music. The last album and single is just all over the place I don't know what the band is trying to do anymore.

Also I don't have to be a fan of everything the band releases. If the band released a song of just burping would you honestly think it's amazing just because it's by Coldplay?

Also the band is human, and every band has songs or eras that are not good. So why make excuses for a band that has clearly lost their way? I think it's pretty ignorant to automatically like a song or album by a band just because it's who it's by. This is coming from a huge Radiohead fan who was initially very disappointed by their new album.

That's the point man :thinking:

They do not need your approval. They do not need your chances! Of course they love the fans, but if one says "I am definitely not going to like this" they will NOT run to you and kiss your feet begging you to like their song.

I am a very happy person because I can say "I got the message they are trying to pass forward". If your head, heart and soul are closed for it, I fell very sorry for you :( .

And you have Radiohead. Nice. I don't feel for another band what I feel for Coldplay. This is called "Love a Band". When you say you didn't got chills watching them yesterday, I must tell you that you "Love Band's Songs", that's completely different.

It's not like approving everything a band does, but try hard to understand their meanings, and I can feel some people are trying hard to NOT understand them...

I'm not going to continue discussing because clearly I won't change your mind.

Basically my point is the band has sold out to be popular rather than making quality music. If you listen to any song off Parachutes or AROBTTH (which is the band at their best, most creative and musical) and then you listen to the new song or Viva La Vida it's like a joke.

I don't see how you can't see the band is trying to appeal to a younger audience with this new song, because it is so obvious. That's all there is to understand with the new song.

Chances? Coldplay owe you nothing. I get that you may not like the new song, but you make it sound that Coldplay has a duty to you and you only to make music you enjoy. I say sit tight and wait for the album

sorry, but the new single is just awful...the tune reminds me of something I have heard before [EDIT: Hahaha I have just read that people are speaking of "Rtmo de la noche" and yeah that's the one I meant] (which isn't actually a bad thing, because there is so much music out there and there are so often songs that remind you of other songs obviously....), but this one is just so simple and kinda weak....I don't expect too much of bands after releasing so much stuff and a few pretty good stuff anymore, but if they aren't talented enough to be experimental they just shouldn't do it and rather keep their original style....and I am not sure if Coldplay fans seriously want to hear their favourite band doing stuff they don't originally love them for.,..I've been a Coldplay fan for a few years and I can't hear anything in their music anymore that I loved so much. Since VLV I am just so sick of them.....not only their music, but their performances, too.....I've just been wondering what exactly I find so annoying about Chris Martin now, but I can't even tell you....he is just annoying

I can't be bothered to check out their new stuff properly now...

edit: and no I am not here just because I want to bash the new songs or something like that....it is my opinion...I am just annoyed and kinda disappointed by the band after I have been a real fan of them before the VLV era....and I agree with the thread title: this is a downfall

oh Mike haha.-....I haven't seen that post before I posted what I think, but you are exactly saying what I was thinking while writing my post and I just couldn't find the right words for it....so thank you:wacky:

sorry, but the new single is just awful...the tune reminds me of something I have heard before [EDIT: Hahaha I have just read that people are speaking of "Rtmo de la noche" and yeah that's the one I meant] (which isn't actually a bad thing, because there is so much music out there and there are so often songs that remind you of other songs obviously....), but this one is just so simple and kinda weak....I don't expect too much of bands after releasing so much stuff and a few pretty good stuff anymore, but if they aren't talented enough to be experimental they just shouldn't do it and rather keep their original style....and I am not sure if Coldplay fans seriously want to hear their favourite band doing stuff they don't originally love them for.,..I've been a Coldplay fan for a few years and I can't hear anything in their music anymore that I loved so much. Since VLV I am just so sick of them.....not only their music, but their performances, too.....I've just been wondering what exactly I find so annoying about Chris Martin now, but I can't even tell you....he is just annoying

I can't be bothered to check out their new stuff properly now...

edit: and no I am not here just because I want to bash the new songs or something like that....it is my opinion...I am just annoyed and kinda disappointed by the band after I have been a real fan of them before the VLV era....and I agree with the thread title: this is a downfall

careful not to fall in the puddle

songs like ETIAW prove that coldplay is a ´´especial band´´ like U2,they change their styles and maintains the same level,I long to understand this,but now i understand and like more and more Coldplay,i think every fan should understand and adapt to the changes of band.

*sigh* I'm sorry if I come across as rude when I say this, but I can't help but wonder how it is that one bad song (or, even as some people are saying, one bad album) can make people think that this is Coldplay's downfall.

I understand that some of you have come to expect a lot from Coldplay, you might expect them to write revolutionary lyrics time after time in order to maintain their status as one of the biggest/best bands in the world--that's fine, you all are entitle to your own opinion, and I respect that. But the fact is that somewhere along the line, Coldplay will write a bad song or two, or perhaps even release an album that some fans will not like.

I don't think know that this isn't Coldplay's downfall, because I know that other great songs will follow ETiaW and other great albums will follow Viva. This is just a small stain on a record that most of you would otherwise find satisfactory.

You can all say what you think of this song/other songs/other albums, whether it be praising it or throwing dirt on it, but please respect Coldplay as a band. I think they've earned it, whether you're a fan of just one song, or their entire catalogue.

I'm sorry if I've offended anyone. No hate was intended. :)

i think they need to get rid of all these extra people "helping" them. they need to go back to the year 2000 and surround themselves with whatever they had back then. each time you bring in these "helpers" they all want to have a hand in making/marketing the music. look at all the youtube videos of their concerts and songs from parachutes and AROBTTH, they are so brilliant. they've still put out good songs since, but i feel like they will never ever go back to 2000.

i think they need to get rid of all these extra people "helping" them. they need to go back to the year 2000 and surround themselves with whatever they had back then. each time you bring in these "helpers" they all want to have a hand in making/marketing the music. look at all the youtube videos of their concerts and songs from parachutes and AROBTTH, they are so brilliant. they've still put out good songs since, but i feel like they will never ever go back to 2000.

*facepalm*

You don't get it do you? They will never and can never go back to the style and sound of Parachutes... They were ordinary people back then, they had never had a number 1 single, they had never had a string of 10million selling albums, they had never sold out stadums and arenas worldwide, Chris Martin had never married Gwenyth Paltrow, they were not the biggest band in the world. Everything has changed. Please tell me, after becoming the biggest band in the world, what you can do besides do the kind of things Coldplay are doing? Once you're the biggest band in the world with this amount of success, the music you made early on goes out of the window; you cannot replicate it, it'd just come across as false because you have nothing to really complain about in life like you did when you were a nobody.

The way that Ilooked at them and expected is not like they must play every live fantastic but they truly have sth. real and beautiful and they are On the Road [finding sth. new and never dwell on cozy/self-satisfied zone - cause life is progressive and struggling as well no matter who you are].Therefore, even I say their live in a not-so-good quality I am still moved and love. Other bands might be better from whatever aspects, for me, they are in the Best ones. Even they decide not to carry on as a band or musicians one day. I still love and appreciate for what they’ve offered all these years. I might not like the new single – as in love, you can’t find anyone who matches your every bit of satisfactory. Also, the saints are not always on high-clouds either. In between, there are common looks or roads, there were valleys.

*sigh* I'm sorry if I come across as rude when I say this, but I can't help but wonder how it is that one bad song (or, even as some people are saying, one bad album) can make people think that this is Coldplay's downfall.

I understand that some of you have come to expect a lot from Coldplay, you might expect them to write revolutionary lyrics time after time in order to maintain their status as one of the biggest/best bands in the world--that's fine, you all are entitle to your own opinion, and I respect that. But the fact is that somewhere along the line, Coldplay will write a bad song or two, or perhaps even release an album that some fans will not like.

I don't think know that this isn't Coldplay's downfall, because I know that other great songs will follow ETiaW and other great albums will follow Viva. This is just a small stain on a record that most of you would otherwise find satisfactory.

You can all say what you think of this song/other songs/other albums, whether it be praising it or throwing dirt on it, but please respect Coldplay as a band. I think they've earned it, whether you're a fan of just one song, or their entire catalogue.

I'm sorry if I've offended anyone. No hate was intended. :)

SPOT ON, Finally someone who doesn't like the song speaks common sense. I like it personally