✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay: Greatest downfall in the history of music?

Just came across this:

Everyone seem to criticize Coldplay for their new single. I just think they are masters in turning a simple stupid sample in the most symphonic piece of music. I'm proud to be working with them.

From Davide Rossi 's FB page.

Hear, hear!

. . . does David Rossi even have a string part in ETiaW? Because I certainly can't hear any :thinking:

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just came across this:

Everyone seem to criticize Coldplay for their new single. I just think they are masters in turning a simple stupid sample in the most symphonic piece of music. I'm proud to be working with them.

How did I not see this post earlier? I just checked twitter and Mr. Rossi said the same thing there also.

I find it amusing that he doesn't like people criticizing Coldplay, yet he essentially bashes Peter Allen / Adrienne Anderson by calling the sample "stupid".

How did I not see this post earlier? I just checked twitter and he posted it there also.

I find it amusing that he doesn't like people criticizing Coldplay, yet he essentially bashes Peter Allen / Adrienne Anderson by calling the sample "stupid".

It's obviously only stupid when it's used in I Go To Rio. When Coldplay uses it, though, it becomes an epic masterpiece :awesome:

/sarcasm

Hear, hear!

. . . does David Rossi even have a string part in ETiaW? Because I certainly can't hear any :thinking:

Well, actually, that's what he wrote the day ETIAW came out, linking the song:

coldplay-new-single-out-today-featuring-my-strings;)...

:thinking:

He's also defending HIS work then...

Just came across this:

If it was just some kind of game to turn a stupid sample into a "symphonic piece of music", then why did they release it as their first single? That being said, it's still flat, not only because of the melody.

Aw man, I can't help it, I keep criticising this song over and over and over.

I actually feel they're better than ever before.

Yeah, I wasn't feeling Christmas Lights. But I heard Every Tear, and I have it on repeat...I feel the magic again, it's a beautiful feeling...

Coldplay have something special. They're able to evoke feelings that very few other bands are able to. I like U2, but they lack what Coldplay have. Emotion, pure emotion.

I am really looking forward to LP5.

I would have to agree with Saffire. I actually really-- honestly-- I really love the song. I think it is their most simple but still really brilliant in terms of style and sound-- but it seems like they (or Chris...) hardly put any thought into the words. Comparing to singles off of Viva... Violet Hill and Viva La Vida had some really great lyrics.--they were profound yet accessible. Judging by the other songs though, I have hope that the album isn't a total loss.

OKAY, YOU ARE WAY WRONG, violet hill and viva la vida were more disapointing than ETIAW, and it seems that ETIAW will not even be in the album, so are you a coldplay fan again? real fans stay with their bands, and ETIAW will probably not be on the LP5 :

NEWS: every teardrop is a waterfall is likely not to be in the lp5, acording to the oracle:

june 6, 2011 - submitted by Bowen, United States of America

Q. Hey Oracle!

I watched the live stream of Rock Am Ring on Saturday and loved all of it, the boys reminded me why they're my favorite band in the world. All the new songs are great.

I know that someone has said that there will be "no video" for ETIAW. So I guess my question is two-fold. First, why not? And second, does this mean that it isn't the lead single from LP5 (or even will be on it)? Thanks Oracle, you rock!

-B

The Oracle replies:

As you rightly notice there is no video - at the moment. That doesn't mean that whoever told you there'll be "no video" is correct. There MAY be a video. There may not. Oooh I'm annoying aren't I? It must appear that everything is shrouded in secrecy right now but it's not meant to be.

I just want to clear up that no album track listing has been announced so whether ETIAW appears on the album remains to be seen and is not for me to speculate upon. Until the album is mastered and totally ready it would be pointless.

ETIAW is a single. It's irrelevant whether it's a lead single or not as the album is still a while off. A single does not have relate to an album or appear on one, it can stand alone (as Christmas Lights did) but that doesn't mean that it will or won't.

Ah sorry for being slightly cryptic guys, you know I couldn't say even if I knew (which I don't).

anyway you are a bad coldplay fan, if you want to see a downfall listen to "ok computer" album from radiohead, and then their lastest album "King of limbs" which sucks really bad...

Sorry I but I just couldn't let this go, literally everything is wrong with this post.

That's another very odd thing here... what's with the meaningless lyrics now?

Imagine you've got the world's loudest bullhorn and you can yell messages to millions of people! What would you say?

Come on, Chris.

would not hear :thinking:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1Ye7HwM3Ko&feature=related]YouTube - ‪Coldplay Sparks‬‏[/ame]

What's the reason for this change? Money.

With only songs like Sparks they had never become such famous as they are now.

Eh, certainly EMI wants money but the guys have always given me the impression that they're doing this because they love making music. Chris was quoted saying one time that he had the best job in the world and he would die for it.

I think they're just evolving. Be glad that they are, because if they weren't then who would remember them 50 years from now?

Who's going to remember Justin Beiber or Katy Perry? Nobody.

Who's going to remember Coldplay? Thousands. (I know I will)

The change is due to artistic progression.

Coldplay are trying to do something different from albums that have proceeded them. A big part of their efforts are now their live performances, so I wouldn't mind betting you that this song was written as an exercise in how to create a big festival song in the simplest way possible.

It really irritates me how some fans expect them to return to their earlier sounds. You will always have those records to treasure, so listen to them. Also, even if they did release something in the same vein as Parachutes, Parachutes has the massive advantage of being intertwined with memories, compared to the new songs which have only existed in your mind for a short amount of time!

I can't say I'm the biggest fan of Every Tear Drop, but I do APPRECIATE the fact that Coldplay, one of the biggest bands in the world isn't just kicking back and saying "Yeah, we'll knock out a few Yellows and Talks for this album. Job done". But they're actually trying to progress and IMPROVE as musicians! That takes alot of courage and we should applaud them for it.

Not that at all. If their "artistic development" means writing easier festival tunes like ETIAW rather than songs like Yellow and Talk, I'd much rather have them stick with that. Plus it feels kind of ironic, because it does sound like they are kicking back and saying something not too far from that.

Not that at all. If their "artistic development" means writing easier festival tunes like ETIAW rather than songs like Yellow and Talk, I'd much rather have them stick with that. Plus it feels kind of ironic, because it does sound like they are kicking back and saying something not too far from that.

I don't think they'll be sticking with that particular formula for any song past ETiaW. Teardrop, I think, is just a fun festival song that the guys released as something to get the crowd going since they weren't planning on playing any new material.

I'm actually glad they released it when they did, because then if they hadn't spontaneously decided to play MM, HLH, etc. then they would still be bringing something new to the table.