✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I really love this community, but I think I'm gonna take a break untill the hating has stopped.

Jonesey16909

Listen guys:

It's just been a couple over 24 hours.

You're a bit exaggerating here, forgive me the choice of words, it's the best word coming to my mind.

It won't be like this until the end of time!

Everyone here has a right to express and discuss their feelings towards the song.

What needs to be realised is that many people here like Coldplay because of the music they made and not because it's those specific people making music. That's a big difference.

It has been said here before, sorry for not finding the quote right now.

So disappointment about the new direction that ETIAW went in is as right here on Coldplaying as is expression of linking the song.

Don't mix up people who only want to tease the so called "fangirls + fanboys" and those people here who wanted to get it off their chest that they're disappointed.

Hang in there, wait for it all to calm down a bit, watch tonight's live stream or last night's youtube videos and relax. :nice: :hug:

Oh and don't insult each other and stay civil and friendly please. :)

Discussions are always welcome, fights and insults not at all.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The hating won't stop. As many bands progress through their careers, fan opinion of albums becomes more divisive. This isn't always because of drop in quality (though I believe it is in Coldplay's case), but with more albums, you're gonna have more varied opinions.

+1

Why do some people get overly sensitive over criticisms directed towards the band?. If you don't like them, you should just sit in a locked room and listen to the song alone cause you'll be aware of only one opinion of the song that is yours.

All I mean is, if you are ONLY here to make fun of CP and CP fans, then get lost. And there does seem to be a few here who only come here to tease and put down. I certainly don't hang out in a Radiohead fan forum and say "hey you guys would still love Radiohead even if they recorded the sound of themselves pooping". (even if it IS true :P)

Of course fans have the right to their opinion and to express disappointment etc. And I do like Coldplay for their music first (I just happened to develop a special liking for Jonny along the way;))

It amuses me how some of the fans regard themselves as apparently being 'true fans' just because they like everything that the band does. If that is the definition of true fans for this band, then I pity them. Because a good band would love to listen to any critical opinion made by their followers on their produced song. It's an important part of the process of changing for the better. On the other hand, "omg it's the most brilliant song everrrrrrr" does very little to their progress.

I certainly don't hang out in a Radiohead fan forum and say "hey you guys would still love Radiohead even if they recorded the sound of themselves pooping". (even if it IS true :P)

:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

THAT IS TRUE :laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

you should do that :P

:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

THAT IS TRUE :laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

you should do that :P

Ahhhhhhh, but I have better things to do with my time then that.

Nobody could possibly love everything CP does. I personally don't like Clocks, VLV, In My Place, Lost, etc. But I like to have a little faith in their work and be supportive. I love AROBTTH; but I can't expect them to stay the same forever.

I don't even know if I really like the new song yet, but I'm gonna give it a fair chance...

It amuses me how some of the fans regard themselves as apparently being 'true fans' just because they like everything that the band does. If that is the definition of true fans for this band, then I pity them. Because a good band would love to listen to any critical opinion made by their followers on their produced song. It's an important part of the process of changing for the better. On the other hand, "omg it's the most brilliant song everrrrrrr" does very little to their progress.

Totally agree. 'True fan' is a nonsense to me anyway.

Never have I been so frustrated with a website. The amount of comments/threads etc I've read in the past day about how much they hate coldplay for making ETIAW and how dissapointed they are and so on and so forth has really made me quite annoyed with most people on this website.

why?

If you don't like the song, great! No need to go bashing Coldplay about it!

I kind of think I do. I'm guessing I've been a fan much longer than you have, and I damn well have a right to be upset when my first real musical love starts deteriorating before my eyes.

It may not be anything you expected from them but I think thats a good thing, personally I love the song, I have it on repeat as I'm typing this :) The way I see it, they are taking their music in a new direction, but it still has the Coldplay feel to it, and to me thats all I need! Alot of people would complain if they went back to their old style music so people have to realise you cant please everyone, and in case of ETIAW alot of people like it and alot of people don't.
You can't defend your argument with a simple opinion. In that case, I should just create a thread about how frustrated I am with the undeserved coldplay, and defend it with my humble opinion.

You need to explain to me why I should refrain from speaking my mind about a band I enjoy, on a forum devoted to that band.

So if you're one of the people that isn't enjoying it, well it sucks to be you!

obviously.
Because everyone who is enjoying it is having a blast listening to new Coldplay! :D
woop-tee-doo

So due to all the hating on this website at this moment in time, I'm going to be taking a break for now untill it has all stopped

why? Are you that insecure?

I certainly don't hang out in a Radiohead fan forum and say "hey you guys would still love Radiohead even if they recorded the sound of themselves pooping". (even if it IS true :P)

:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3: I am a Radiohead fan as much as a Coldplay fan, and I know i wouldn't like it if they did that, but that made me laugh so much!

And uhm...This is a forum, I have the right to say my opinion. If i don't like something about Coldplay I'll say it in a coldplay forum because I want to know if people agree with me or not and why.

So...bye bye :D!

Never have I been so frustrated with a website. The amount of comments/threads etc I've read in the past day about how much they hate coldplay for making ETIAW and how dissapointed they are and so on and so forth has really made me quite annoyed with most people on this website.

If you don't like the song, great! No need to go bashing Coldplay about it! It may not be anything you expected from them but I think thats a good thing, personally I love the song, I have it on repeat as I'm typing this :) The way I see it, they are taking their music in a new direction, but it still has the Coldplay feel to it, and to me thats all I need! Alot of people would complain if they went back to their old style music so people have to realise you cant please everyone, and in case of ETIAW alot of people like it and alot of people don't.

So if you're one of the people that isn't enjoying it, well it sucks to be you! Because everyone who is enjoying it is having a blast listening to new Coldplay! :D

So due to all the hating on this website at this moment in time, I'm going to be taking a break for now untill it has all stopped, save myself from the frustration! See you soon guys!

VIVA LA COLDPLAY!

:clap:

Well, when Bob Dylan moved on to Rock and Roll, the Folkies threw fits, but eventually everyone got to liking the music.

And when U2 experimented with Lemon, some fans kinda gave them some slack, but some gave them grief - after all, trying new things is risky! Stepping out of one's usual patterns isn't a given.

But to me, try it, taste it a few times, see what you like. It doesn't have to be everyone's cup of tea, just something to sample, and tastes vary.

I agree though, all the negative threads is a bit much for a fans' website. So the new music is moving into new territory - I love the variety! It sure beats the same old flavor all the time, now one can choose from a whole assortment!:chef:

only come here to tease and put down[/color]. I certainly don't hang out in a Radiohead fan forum and say "hey you guys would still love Radiohead even if they recorded the sound of themselves pooping". (even if it IS true :P)

Of course fans have the right to their opinion and to express disappointment etc. And I do like Coldplay for their music first (I just happened to develop a special liking for Jonny along the way;))

It's the same in every forum tbf, in the Radiohead forum there are many who don't like them anymore and pick on some members, and I bet it's the same in every single forum you mention, even in non-related music forums.

I laughed like this guy*

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPa3OLx8KOM]YouTube - ‪Laughing exercise‬‏[/ame]

*citation - josh42

on a side note, I'm amused by how the people who say they're leaving because of the "chaos" have extremely few posts.