✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I really love this community, but I think I'm gonna take a break untill the hating has stopped.

Jonesey16909

Never have I been so frustrated with a website. The amount of comments/threads etc I've read in the past day about how much they hate coldplay for making ETIAW and how dissapointed they are and so on and so forth has really made me quite annoyed with most people on this website.

If you don't like the song, great! No need to go bashing Coldplay about it! It may not be anything you expected from them but I think thats a good thing, personally I love the song, I have it on repeat as I'm typing this :) The way I see it, they are taking their music in a new direction, but it still has the Coldplay feel to it, and to me thats all I need! Alot of people would complain if they went back to their old style music so people have to realise you cant please everyone, and in case of ETIAW alot of people like it and alot of people don't.

So if you're one of the people that isn't enjoying it, well it sucks to be you! Because everyone who is enjoying it is having a blast listening to new Coldplay! :D

So due to all the hating on this website at this moment in time, I'm going to be taking a break for now untill it has all stopped, save myself from the frustration! See you soon guys!

VIVA LA COLDPLAY!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Total agreement, and I would remind people that coldplay DO read these forums, and if not them, members of their production, so anything insulting you say about them will probably be taken quite badly, as the vast majority of the flack they're getting is coming from their fans, not the media.

Never have I been so frustrated with a website. The amount of comments/threads etc I've read in the past day about how much they hate coldplay for making ETIAW and how dissapointed they are and so on and so forth has really made me quite annoyed with most people on this website.

If you don't like the song, great! No need to go bashing Coldplay about it! It may not be anything you expected from them but I think thats a good thing, personally I love the song, I have it on repeat as I'm typing this :) The way I see it, they are taking their music in a new direction, but it still has the Coldplay feel to it, and to me thats all I need! Alot of people would complain if they went back to their old style music so people have to realise you cant please everyone, and in case of ETIAW alot of people like it and alot of people don't.

So if you're one of the people that isn't enjoying it, well it sucks to be you! Because everyone who is enjoying it is having a blast listening to new Coldplay! :D

So due to all the hating on this website at this moment in time, I'm going to be taking a break for now untill it has all stopped, save myself from the frustration! See you soon guys!

VIVA LA COLDPLAY!

Totally agree!

And this is the reason why I'm never here.

My bad that I looked here today.

Peace.

It's not about Coldplaying.com, it happens everywhere in the web. Many of my favorite bands have released new records this year, including Radiohead, the Strokes, Arctic Monkeys, and for every new release there were people everywhere complaining. People just don't get satisfied anymore. Imma stop reading opinions and I'll just enjoy my music. Cheers

Yes I could have, and similarly you also didn't have to post that, and I don't have to type this, and you don't have to read it as you are right now, and you don't have to respond, what's your point?!

I didn't have to write that but I intend on posting here, but if I didn't intend on posting here I would just leave, but my point is that the topic starter is such an attention whore that they couldn't just do that, they had to be dramatic and give a bunch of reasons as to why they can't handle the reality that the new song sucks.

The hating won't stop. As many bands progress through their careers, fan opinion of albums becomes more divisive. This isn't always because of drop in quality (though I believe it is in Coldplay's case), but with more albums, you're gonna have more varied opinions.

I'm being serious here (as opposed to basically every other post I've made here in the last 24 hours). Some people here hate X&Y. Some people here hate Viva. And I'm sure there's people who even have issues with Parachutes and AROBTTH (though we call these people "nimrods" :P). Deal with it.

Yes I could have, and similarly you also didn't have to post that, and I don't have to type this, and you don't have to read it as you are right now, and you don't have to respond, what's your point?!

I didn't have to write that but I intend on posting here, but if I didn't intend on posting here I would just leave, but my point is that the topic starter is such an attention whore that they couldn't just do that, they had to be dramatic and give a bunch of reasons as to why they can't handle the reality that the new song sucks.

Oh no! You again. Why do you feel the need to be so negative? Ok I get it you don't like the song. And NO "it is not a reality that the new song sucks.". That is just YOUR opinion. :rolleyes:

Oh no! You again. Why do you feel the need to be so negative? Ok I get it you don't like the song. And NO "it is not a reality that the new song sucks.". That is just YOUR opinion. :rolleyes:

Fine, it's a reality that anyone with half a braincell thinks it sucks and retards who think its inexplicably "brilliant" don't have the capacity to actually voice their opinions of it, they just think it's a great song, no more to add to that, it just is, end of, no reason for it, it just, is.

Fine, it's a reality that anyone with half a braincell thinks it sucks and retards who think its inexplicably "brilliant" don't have the capacity to actually voice their opinions of it, they just think it's a great song, no more to add to that, it just is, end of, no reason for it, it just, is.

See this is the problem. You always feel the need to be rude in your posts. "retards"? Why can't you state your position with well-thought out arguments? Maybe its because you do have "half a brain cell" after all?

I think the song is amazing and I have also explained why I liked the song.

Why does one word make my argument not well thought out? Rudeness, honesty, very thin line between them.

And christ, for the 70th time I don't mean every single person who likes the song has no reason for it, but a lot of the people who voted in that thread either have no opinions at all or give some stupid reason about how its "fun" or a "nice summer song".

VIVA LA COLDPLAY!

I agree there is a lot of hate :(

Everybody is judging. It sucks.

I might do the same soon.

VIVA LA COLDPLAY!

I think people are entitled of their own opinions. And frankly, I can take it from anyone on here, because this is obviously the biggest fanbase. When someone on here says they don't like the song, and then tell us why, you know that it comes from someone who at least knows their eveolution from the very beginning. If I would go onto some, idk, Paris Hilton forum (does that even excist), I'd be much more pissed of if someone gave it a bad review.

And ah well, you've only been a member for one year, it's not such a big loss I guess (given that you can't stand other people giving their opinions, which doesn't equal yours)

for the 70th time I don't mean every single person who likes the song has no reason for it, but a lot of the people who voted in that thread either have no opinions at all or give some stupid reason about how its "fun" or a "nice summer song".

For the 70th time? :freak: I'm glad I finally read it then, because I kinda thought you were just insulting anyone liking the song.

I totally understand the 1st poster's point. Fangirls are (really) annoying but I don't think there are so many of them and I think anti-fangirls are maybe a bit over anti-acting here, and the whole thing is very tiring.

And I'll just add that a lot of people who voted 0 just did it because "it's Coldplay" too.

This isn't always because of drop in quality

What else then?

VIVA LA COLDPLAY!

I'm on your side but you should avoid this.

I don't get the problem ?

What's wrong with people giving opinions ??

It's not because it's called Coldplaying , that everyone has to be excited right ???

We're not haters !

There are a lot of ex-Coldplay fans , nor a hater , nor a fangirl ... (that kept this forum going (with others) , while coldplay weren't giving away anything)

That just appreciate them Coldplay

but they are (really) dissappointed for this new stuff

And suddenly , all those new people , start saying those members shouldn't be here ? :huh:

:confused: