✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

A general notice to Coldplay fans

MrMagpie

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please read posts before you comment.

I'm starting to think that the average Coldplay fan has the IQ of a rock.

For example if somebody posts a thread referring to an Arcade Fire FAN twitter account don't just assume it is actually Arcade Fire.

IF that is the case I should just go and make a fake Chris Martin twitter account and make all you stupid people blindly donate money to me so I can get enough money to buy all the spray paint in the world so that Coldplay will never be able to spray paint anything again in the history of the world.

And also just because somebody doesn't like the new song doesn't mean they are a douche bag or a bad person or a bad fan.

Fun fact, you can love chocolate but not like every chocolate in a box of chocolate.

I think I have rambled on enough.

This is why the Coldplay section has now become entertaining for me. Because every single time they don't learn these things and they keep doing it again! It's a circus on repeat. Personally, I like to poke various differing sticks at it.

Fun fact, you can love chocolate but not like every chocolate in a box of chocolate.
I'm guessing you don't like those toffee penny chews you get in a box of Quality Street? The ones that don't actually have any chocolate on them. If not, can I have them. I'll munch on them while watching your cover of The Nappies. ;)

Briggins - Rants like these accomplish nothing. Your interest in Coldplay probably started in the Parachutes era like it did for me, probably Lore and a few others posting here. What you fail to assess is that some of the posters in here weren't even old enough to walk when parachutes came out. You can't expect mature mentality when discussing the evolution of the band when they weren't even around to see it. They have just as much right to the music as you do. In the end its COLDPLAY that decides what they want write.

I will say I am tired of the bashing. Never here have I seen so much bashing after ONE song. We don't have to love EVERY Coldplay song but I think you can admit that the percentage of their catalog that is favorable is much higher with Coldplay than most bands.

And with that said, I will put it out there that ETIAW didn't sound too bad live, and the overall show last night was a great performance, including the new material.

Briggins - Rants like these accomplish nothing. Your interest in Coldplay probably started in the Parachutes era like it did for me, probably Lore and a few others posting here. What you fail to assess is that some of the posters in here weren't even old enough to walk when parachutes came out. You can't expect mature mentality when discussing the evolution of the band when they weren't even around to see it. They have just as much right to the music as you do. In the end its COLDPLAY that decides what they want write.

I will say I am tired of the bashing. Never here have I seen so much bashing after ONE song. We don't have to love EVERY Coldplay song but I think you can admit that the percentage of their catalog that is favorable is much higher with Coldplay than most bands.

And with that said, I will put it out there that ETIAW didn't sound too bad live, and the overall show last night was a great performance, including the new material.

is this in response to the OP? because I don't really see the connection.

^ Sorry not sure what OP is, can't afford to spend enough time in my day to to have over 10,000 posts in just over 4 years, so my knowledge of forum abbreviations is limited...sorry.

I was merely stating a response to the original topic of the thread.

^ Sorry not sure what OP is, can't afford to spend enough time in my day to to have over 10,000 posts in just over 4 years, so my knowledge of forum abbreviations is limited...sorry.

I was merely stating a response to the original topic of the thread.

For example if somebody posts a thread referring to an Arcade Fire FAN twitter account don't just assume it is actually Arcade Fire.

IF that is the case I should just go and make a fake Chris Martin twitter account and make all you stupid people blindly donate money to me so I can get enough money to buy all the spray paint in the world so that Coldplay will never be able to spray paint anything again in the history of the world.

And also just because somebody doesn't like the new song doesn't mean they are a douche bag or a bad person or a bad fan.

+1! :thumbsup:

I'm guessing you don't like those toffee penny chews you get in a box of Quality Street? The ones that don't actually have any chocolate on them. If not, can I have them. I'll munch on them while watching your cover of The Nappies. ;)

Orfina toffees! (that's what they're called here)

Yum! :nice:

No I love those ones. I don't like the orange flavoured ones though. You can have those. I think I need a box of chocolates to help me while working on that Coldplay cover.

Couldnt have put it better myself.:smug:

can't afford to spend enough time in my day to to have over 10,000 posts in just over 4 years

:disappointed:

Anyways, this thread was amusing until the end of the second page. Then it was srs.

Reilly, earlier you said that most people that voted above a 6 for the song voted because they felt they had to- I voted a 6 or 7 because I thought the song was fun and catchy, not necessarily because it was coldplay's best effort.

And I feel that most of the comments aren't "bashing", if they're negative then most of them are just criticism. So stop complaining about that. If you're going to be a fan you need to accept the good of the band with the bad.

And sorry for this post having errors and being a jumbled mess, I'm on my iPod. :P