✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

An avid Radiohead fans thoughts about "ETIAW"

I'm an old school Coldplay fan, but my lifes love is Thom Yorke and Radiohead. Regardless when I heard that Coldplay was finally coming out with new stuff I got excited and celebrated the release of "Every Teardrop is a Waterfall" just like you all probably did.

Anyway, long story short; I was blown away. I personally gave the song a 10 on Coldplaying's poll. The reason I enjoyed it so much was primarily Chris Martin's use of vocals. I noticed several reviews that noted how heavily amplified Chris's voice was and it didn't go unnoticed to me. If any of you guys listen to Radiohead you know that Thom Yorke does this better than anyone, some times to the extent that I have no earthly idea what he is saying, but it doesn't matter because Thom uses his voice more as an instrument than as a means of delivering lyrics, and that's what Chris does wonderfully in this new song. It really allows Chris to bring the listener on for the ride and really grasp the song.

Not to take anything away from the rest of the band, but for this song it's Chris's vocals that I think really distinguish "Every Teardrop is a Waterfall" from their previous discography. I am excited to hear more and can't wait for the new album.

I don't want to be mean, but if you like so much Radiohead and Thom's voice you should be able to notice that Chris' vocals are nothing special and can't be compared to Yorke's voice :\

In think Chris has made a bad job on this song. His lyrics are terrible and his voice is, just as Lore said, an autotune.

When I listen to it I try to pay attetion at the instruments and not at Chris :P

There is clearly no autotune used in this track (he goes flat in a couple places). It's called overdub/flanger. And I really like the track (7/10). And I love Radiohead. And no, my favorite album is NOT Pablo or The Bends. In fact:

1. Kid A

2. In Rainbows

3. Hail to the Thief

4. OK Computer

5. Amnesiac

6. The King of Limbs

7. The Bends

8. Pablo Honey

There is clearly no autotune used in this track (he goes flat in a couple places). It's called overdub/flanger. And I really like the track (7/10). And I love Radiohead. And no, my favorite album is NOT Pablo or The Bends. In fact:

1. Kid A

2. In Rainbows

3. Hail to the Thief

4. OK Computer

5. Amnesiac

6. The King of Limbs

7. The Bends

8. Pablo Honey

Really liking the track wouldn't be a 7, would be a 9. Rating it as a 7 would be like "enjoy".

Guest howyousawtheworld
Don't get Oasis involved ! :evil:

DEFINITELY not with etiaw !!

:nice:

:escaping:

Liam should definitely have a word about that song!

1. So what if you like Radiohead?

2. a 10? :lol:

3. The vocals are horrible. 1 word: AUTOTUNE

You obviously don't understand what Auto-tune is....there is no auto-tune in ETIAW, mostly reverb and compression. Auto-tune is pitch-correction and produces a tremolo effect when the depth is increased. I hear none of that here.

You obviously don't understand what Auto-tune is....there is no auto-tune in ETIAW, mostly reverb and compression. Auto-tune is pitch-correction and produces a tremolo effect when the depth is increased. I hear none of that here.

bla bla bla autotune or not his voice sounds bad, fake and forced.

bla bla bla autotune or not his voice sounds bad, fake and forced.

Did you have the same criticism of his voice on VLV and Prospekt's March? Because Chris sounds just like that on this track. The vocal style on Teardrop is very similar to the vocals on Life in Technicolor II.

Did you have the same criticism of his voice on VLV and Prospekt's March? Because Chris sounds just like that on this track. The vocal style on Teardrop is very similar to the vocals on Life in Technicolor II.

i think its like a mastered audio it isnt autotune at all but its been edited