✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

So does this mean Major Minus wont be on the album?!

nvdmm

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ TRUE DAT!!!

Just think: If MM is this great and it's gonna be a B-Side, LP5 is gonna be so good, we won't even be able to put it into words :awesome:

Never thought about that, but this is true. If great songs like these are "throw-aways", I suspect LP5 to be really good.

I bet MM will still be on the album. Aside from the fact that it's totally awesome:

Coldplay loves to put motifs and thematic elements into their albums. (Like Space stuff in X&Y, Feet touching the ground/revolution in Viva, etc).

Judging by some of the imagery and lyrics we've gotten so far, one such theme in LP5 will be that of eyes/media attention etc. The lyrics for MM "You got one eye watching you/one eye watching you so..." match that theme. Also, in the picture that Coldplay put on their twitter (in the banner above) there's a giant graffiti eye in the "ETIAW" video.

It just makes sense. I think this is mirroring what they did for Viva, where they released a so-so successful "Violet Hill" then "VLV" which did significantly better.

Whatever they're doing here, I know the end product is going to be awesome, even though we're all super confused and bewildered now.

I bet MM will still be on the album. Aside from the fact that it's totally awesome:

Coldplay loves to put motifs and thematic elements into their albums. (Like Space stuff in X&Y, Feet touching the ground/revolution in Viva, etc).

Judging by some of the imagery and lyrics we've gotten so far, one such theme in LP5 will be that of eyes/media attention etc. The lyrics for MM "You got one eye watching you/one eye watching you so..." match that theme. Also, in the picture that Coldplay put on their twitter (in the banner above) there's a giant graffiti eye in the "ETIAW" video.

It just makes sense. I think this is mirroring what they did for Viva, where they released a so-so successful "Violet Hill" then "VLV" which did significantly better.

Whatever they're doing here, I know the end product is going to be awesome, even though we're all super confused and bewildered now.

Well said! I agree with everything except the bit about the theme for LP5, which I think may be more along the lines of Viva--rebelling and such (especially since Chris mentioned that they drew inspiration from the White Rose Movement). But I do like your interpretation too--maybe we're both partially right? :shrug:

Guest Osaka Sun

If Major Minus is not on the album I will go insane.

Nah, just kidding, but still. :bigcry:

Their B-sides tend to be a lot better than actual album tracks, so go figure.

I could not agree more! Their B-sides are just so amazing. I usually feel like they should have taken the B-sides and made that the album.

MAYBE it's a b-side because it just doesn't fit right with the other songs because it's so good?

I could not agree more! Their B-sides are just so amazing. I usually feel like they should have taken the B-sides and made that the album.

MAYBE it's a b-side because it just doesn't fit right with the other songs because it's so good?

I adore Coldplay's B-sides. Especially, though, the AROBTTH-era.

Well said! I agree with everything except the bit about the theme for LP5, which I think may be more along the lines of Viva--rebelling and such (especially since Chris mentioned that they drew inspiration from the White Rose Movement). But I do like your interpretation too--maybe we're both partially right? :shrug:

Well they always have a TON of themes/motifs/etc. in all of their albums. That's how they always seem to be tightly-wound, complete works that are near perfection.

I also think a theme will be a rebellious one, but the imagery I think will be based on a big-brother type of thing, with all the eyes and "Major Minus Media."

Maybe they're implying rebelliousness against that big brother type of thing. Isn't that what graffiti is, anyway?

SO I think we're both right. Can't wait :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Well they always have a TON of themes/motifs/etc. in all of their albums. That's how they always seem to be tightly-wound, complete works that are near perfection.

I also think a theme will be a rebellious one, but the imagery I think will be based on a big-brother type of thing, with all the eyes and "Major Minus Media."

Maybe they're implying rebelliousness against that big brother type of thing. Isn't that what graffiti is, anyway?

SO I think we're both right. Can't wait :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

So in other words . . . they're rebelling against the media and higher society in general?:wink3:

I always love songs/albums/books/movies that carry a 'well, what have we got to lose' vibe . . . hopefully LP5 will show some of that! :dance:

so good? -.- explain ETIAW... id take MM over that song anyday :dozey:

So in other words . . . they're rebelling against the media and higher society in general?:wink3:

I always love songs/albums/books/movies that carry a 'well, what have we got to lose' vibe . . . hopefully LP5 will show some of that! :dance:

Yeah, that's what I'm sayin' :D

LP5 will definitely show some of that! I totally know what you're talking about it. I think that's why Viva sounds so risky and honest in my opinion.

nobody likes Moses? thats like my fav. B-Side song, soo good O_O

Moses is my favorite too!

I know it's random... but I really like "The Goldrush," and I'm not sure why haha.

I also love the ollldddd one from the Yellow EP: "No More Keeping My Feet On the Ground."

What the hell? Seriously, does this mean that crap like ETIAW will fill the album, while their best songs like Major Minus will be left out as ordinary B-sides? What a huge disappointment.

Also, no Major Minus as album title, whatever it will be, it won't be half as good as we thought it would be.

This makes me think 3 things:

1. They are the best band in the world but paradoxically seem to have no taste in good music (anymore). How on earth could they like superficial shit like ETIAW more than Major Minus?

or

2. They are going for a more immature audience, leaving their old fans behind. They don't care what we think. Everybody will think about Coldplay as just another pop band and they will love or hate Coldplay for all the wrong reasons. While Coldplay are (used to be) instead a great deep mature alternative band. I was too young to be fully into their old more mature mature music 10 years ago. Now that I'm slowly turning adult, they seem to make the reverse movement.

and/or, most likely:

3. Now that Major Minus is a B-side, they know that fans who don't like ETIAW will buy the single because of the B-side. Few people will dislike both songs. Ka-ching.

EDIT: ^that also makes sense

GUYS.

We DON'T KNOW if "Major Minus" will be a double A-side or merely a B-side. Double A-sides before full album releases happen ALL THE TIME. Don't freak out.

:)

Hey, what if we just WANT to freak out about the littlest things :wink3: