✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

So does this mean Major Minus wont be on the album?!

nvdmm

Don't want to buy the same song twice.

I don't think you'll have to :thinking: On all of Coldplay's other digital single releases, you're able to buy the b-side separately from the single (even if Major Minus isn't a b-side, iTunes also has the Complete My Album feature which should let you buy the entire album for a discount without Waterfall)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the hell? Seriously, does this mean that crap like ETIAW will fill the album, while their best songs like Major Minus will be left out as ordinary B-sides? What a huge disappointment.

Also, no Major Minus as album title, whatever it will be, it won't be half as good as we thought it would be.

This makes me think 3 things:

1. They are the best band in the world but paradoxically seem to have no taste in good music (anymore). How on earth could they like superficial shit like ETIAW more than Major Minus?

or

2. They are going for a more immature audience, leaving their old fans behind. They don't care what we think. Everybody will think about Coldplay as just another pop band and they will love or hate Coldplay for all the wrong reasons. While Coldplay are (used to be) instead a great deep mature alternative band. I was too young to be fully into their old more mature mature music 10 years ago. Now that I'm slowly turning adult, they seem to make the reverse movement.

and/or, most likely:

3. Now that Major Minus is a B-side, they know that fans who don't like ETIAW will buy the single because of the B-side. Few people will dislike both songs. Ka-ching.

EDIT: ^that also makes sense

major minus its clearly not a b side, if it was one, the single would be called ETIAW and not ETIAW / MAJOR MINUS, besides the fact the lyrics of major minus are printed all over coldplay instruments / clothes , I think its a single, the ACTUALL first single for the new album, ETIAW will stand alone as chrismas lights did, and the extra tracks of next week will actually be the b sides, i mean, if the single is for ETIAW , the others songs shouldnt be important at all, but they said as something special MM is being released, but the other songs were not promoted, or mentioned, i belive no ETIAW in the album, and that MM is the single, all the other new ones are in the album, maybe one not, maybe they will take out us against the world or something...

This.

I Ran Away, Animals, I Bloom Blaum, One I Love, Murder = :heart:

In fact, the only b-sides I care about that aren't from the A Rush Of Blood era are Help Is 'Round The Corner, Gravity, and A Spell A Rebel Yell

I disagree, I think their pre-parachutes and between parachutes and AROBTTH are the best. For You? That song cannot be beat. :)

so good? -.- explain ETIAW... id take MM over that song anyday :dozey:

That's true, I really don't like ETIAW but we have to take the good with the bad. It's too... entertaining. Not as musical as their old stuff. **fingers crossed that LP5 has more songs like MM and HLH**

Sorry Coldplay1317...but some things cannot be true. So, if MM is the first single of the new album and ETIAW is just a standalone one, why Major Minus isn't mentioned on the cover? Sorry, but they would promote MM more if its really the first single of the new LP.

major minus its clearly not a b side, if it was one, the single would be called ETIAW and not ETIAW / MAJOR MINUS, besides the fact the lyrics of major minus are printed all over coldplay instruments / clothes , I think its a single, the ACTUALL first single for the new album, ETIAW will stand alone as chrismas lights did, and the extra tracks of next week will actually be the b sides, i mean, if the single is for ETIAW , the others songs shouldnt be important at all, but they said as something special MM is being released, but the other songs were not promoted, or mentioned, i belive no ETIAW in the album, and that MM is the single, all the other new ones are in the album, maybe one not, maybe they will take out us against the world or something...

I seriously pray your right :(

This.

I Ran Away, Animals, I Bloom Blaum, One I Love, Murder = :heart:

In fact, the only b-sides I care about that aren't from the A Rush Of Blood era are Help Is 'Round The Corner, Gravity, and A Spell A Rebel Yell

Uh, Thing I Don't Understand, Proof, How You See The World, Pour Me, Sleeping Sun, or Death Will Never Conquer? Some of the best Coldplay songs to date.

Uh, Thing I Don't Understand, Proof, How You See The World, Pour Me, Sleeping Sun, or Death Will Never Conquer? Some of the best Coldplay songs to date.

Things I Don't Understand... love it! Would have been amazing on X&Y... but in place of what track? A conversation for another thread I guess.

Things I Don't Understand... love it! Would have been amazing on X&Y... but in place of what track? A conversation for another thread I guess.

I agree,love that song.

Should have been ..

in place of Low? :uhoh:

Moses is my favorite too!

I know it's random... but I really like "The Goldrush," and I'm not sure why haha.

I also love the ollldddd one from the Yellow EP: "No More Keeping My Feet On the Ground."

I love No More Keeping My Feet On The Ground. It fits in my list of favorite B-sides: Such A Rush, Murder, The Goldrush, Animals, Proof, I Ran Away, Moses and I Bloom Blaum.

Oops, forgot Things I Don't Understand :P

Proof is alright, HYStW isn't all that bad, I really don't like Pour Me for some reason :/ Sleeping Sun is fine, and the live versions of DWNC aren't bad either :cool:

But they still aren't among my favorites :D

I'm not particularly fond of Fix You either... Thought I was the only one. Maybe it's the organ-like keyboard sound, or the fact that it's a bit cheesy, or both. Great live song though.

it's not terrible, but it's my least favorite Coldplay song. :P

i don't know what it is about it... it just doesn't float my boat, i guess. i do think Chris sounds wonderful in the studio version, though.

BOOOOOOOOM!

Q. Hello, Oracle

Please answer me, this is like my seventh question, and this time I'm sure it's not illogical.

I read that Major Minus is gonna be released as a B-side of ETIAW. I think that Major Minus is a beautiful song, and is a track that must be on the album. But I obviously know that B-sides are usually not included on other albums than special editions. Is it going to be included on the album?

You raise a good point. I must admit I thought the same as historically you're correct; b sides haven't appeared on the album.

All I can say is that there have been even more changes to how things (and what) are released since the last album so I wouldn't rule it out.

That said, I swear I don't know the final track listing of the album and as you already know what I am about to say... even if I did, I couldn't provide the definitive answer to your question.

SO

Things Have Changed

Major Minus ON THE ALBUM AGAIN

:dance::pleased: