✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The 10th Mixtape Exchange (Tapes due Mon., Aug. 8 @ 5 pm CST (GMT -6))

Violet

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay I'm so happy with my partner! :dance:

I don't have a last.fm, but here are some artists I like:

Muse (obviously :wacky:)

The Killers

Sigur Ros

Metric

Arcade Fire

White Lies

The National

and I don't like Radiohead. :|

But I'm always looking for new music, so feel free to make the mixtape how you want it, not how you think I'll like it. :nice:

I love how everyone's getting on top of this. :D

Anyway, for my partner, my Last page is in my sig. Also, here are some artists/genres that I just really don't like:

-Oasis/Beady Eye/the Gallaghers in general

-Joanna Newsom

-Devendra Banhart

-Bright Eyes

-Nirvava

-Top 40

-country

-anything similar to aforementioned artists/genres

Hopefully, this gives you a good idea of what to do. I can't wait. :D

(I'd like to mention how much I love actually knowing who's making my tape beforehand for once. Teehee. :wacky:)

I don't have last.fm, so here are a few artists that are in my favourites:

Coldplay, Snow Patrol, Foster the People, White Lies, The Fray, Keane, Adele, Ellie Goulding, Switchfoot, Muse, The Bravery, Florence + the Machine, The Killers, Metric, Mumford & Sons, The Postal Service, Two Door Cinema Club.

I hope that helps! :nice:

I'm pretty open to any genre or artist you want to include, but please no rap, metal, or twangy country! :P

I'm new to this mixtape thing, but I don't want my partner to do a mixtape pleasing my musical taste. I'd like to discover his/her musical taste through the mix, because it says a lot about who you are. That said, dear partner, put yourself in your mix for me, as I'll put myself in mine for you.

-Joanna Newsom

:disappointed:

As usual, I don't have last.fm (well, I do, but I never figured out how you use it), but I mainly listen to Indie, folk and americana. I think you can see mutual likes on my facebook (there's a link on my bio page) or you can just go through my posts in the WoM games to get a fair picture of what I listen to.

k fellas

these are my tastes, but heck don't make my mixtape based on them, my fellow partner put whatever you like in it as long as you think is good, with some noteworthy exceptions such as the top 40, metal and national folk music.

I have only participated in 3 mixtapes, in the first due to my limited time and musical tastes and to the fact that i broke the following rules my mixtape was sheer shit in a resonant state, so these are the golden rules that aren't shown on the original post for the mixtape exchange participants:

1.- Make a good mixtape for Apollo's sake, make your victim believe you're god or want to have sex with you or at least, make sure you receive a "thanks I enjoyed listening it".

2.- Try to put different or not very known songs, and no not for hipster's sake, but seriously who wants to listen to coldplay whom are liked by half of the forum or radiohead whom are liked by 3/4 parts of the forum? People want to discover new music and the tastes of others, this is the whole point of this, so don't be oblivious by making a the killers, oasis, coldplay, radiohead, u2 based mixtape.

3.- Write a review of the mixtape you received, just as you'd like to receive a review of yours.

4.- Write a good review for Pitchfork's sake. Ok no one is expecting you to write an essay on each song, but least go beyond the basic approval/dissaproval satements such as " Song #6, I liked this rock song." Write a more comprehensive,substantial and significant opinion, i.e. , "A song in the key of a minor comprising an exquisite 5/4 timing with some clapping aiding the loops and the drumming with the rythm, some smooth and groovy bass riffs over layered phantasmagoric keyboards and the jazzy guitar crowning the arrangements while the singer sings some interesting lines with his tenor-esque voice and some falsetto." Got it?

5.- Give yourself time. Damn it, this process takes time for sure, so when you singed up you knew you were going to need time, thus now you have 1 week to give away your mixtape and of course to listen to the one you receive and listen to it, lack of time is not an excuse, you knew what you were facing.

6.- The most important rule of all: Have lots of fun!

I know that "whom" shouldn't be there, but it sounds so cool and elocuent :wacky: