✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I THINK LP5 WILL BE CALLED 'MYLO XYLOTO'...

spike

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any word from our dear friend Mr. Murals? :dozey:

The last thing he said was :

"I have to go now, but i will upload the link in some hours, I promise! :)"

I believe this translates as

"Okay guys give me a few hours to make up a fake backing track with a quiet mimic of Chris Martin's vocals in the background :)"

The last thing he said was :

"I have to go now, but i will upload the link in some hours, I promise! :)"

I believe this translates as

"Okay guys give me a few hours to make up a fake backing track with a quiet mimic of Chris Martin's vocals in the background :)"

:laugh4: Probably. It'll certainly be interesting, either way

I'm not really a member of any other band's message boards (at least not that I post on) so I was wondering about something that maybe someone else can clear up for me. Is this a regular thing on other boards when an album is due? Is is a common thing for people to come on to a band's message board and pretend to know facts, make things up, and try to fool people for fun? Sorry if this is a stupid question but like I said it just had me wondering...

I'm not really a member of any other band's message boards (at least not that I post on) so I was wondering about something that maybe someone else can clear up for me. Is this a regular thing on other boards when an album is due? Is is a common thing for people to come on to a band's message board and pretend to know facts, make things up, and try to fool people for fun? Sorry if this is a stupid question but like I said it just had me wondering...

Depends how big the band is. I used to post on the Oasis forum and that was even worse for it.

Several members on here thought that MX was a clue pertaining to LP5's release date, seeing as in Roman Numerals MX = 1010, or October 10th

It's not a bad theory, actually.

Hey.. i was the first 1 who made that up :(

:laugh3:

am i the only thinking that wilderness could be a song now? it was the list of songs spike posted. it was on the rumored wiki songs a while back and now we know the art style has something to do with wood according to the artist. it all fits.

I remember watching an interview with Tim McGraw in which he was talking about Chris and Faith Hill writing songs together while Tim and Gwenetth were shooting Country Strong.

I only watched it because they mentioned Chris. - _ -

I have a question. Since "Mylo Xyloto" isn't necessarily the title of LP5, why is it registered along with "Up With the Birds"? I mean, if they were going to release a single, it would only be one song from the album released, right? So why are there two registered that we think are going to be part of LP5? Of course, it could end up that this "Mylo Xyloto" is the single for all we know, but that would leave out "Up With the Birds" for now. What's the point of registering two songs when one will be left out? Why aren't there more from the list of possible tracks for LP5 registered, and what makes these two so important?

I was thinking it may have something to do with the fact that Leonard Cohen is supposedly a part of "Up With the Birds", and for whatever reason they had to register that song early? That would leave "Mylo Xyloto" as the single.

I'm not sure if anything I'm saying here actually makes sense to others at all, I'm just writing down some thoughts. I actually don't really know much about how all of this "song registering" stuff works. Just wanted to throw my thoughts out there and hope someone can understand them and clear them up or be confused along with me... :thinking:

It's very simple and I hope this whole Leonard Cohen thing ends right here.

The only reason why he is a part of that song is MOST LIKELY because Chris took a chord progression from one of his songs. That OR Chris wrote a song and then someone told him that it sounded like a Leonard Cohen song. So to avoid "plagiarism" Chris included Leonard Cohen as one of the writers.

I think that it's probably the first scenario.

Chris has been known to do that many times.

For example, Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall includes a Peter Allen chord progression and The Hardest Part is a rip off of Losing My Religion by R.E.M.

Another thought I had that I forgot to include:

Could it be possible that one of these two tracks is a single from LP5, and the other is maybe a b-side to be released with the single? Hasn't Coldplay done that in the past several times, release a single along with a b-side (I haven't been a "hardcore" Coldplay fan for as long as some of you, so I'm not sure)?

If this were the case, I'd assume that "Mylo Xyloto" would be the single and "Up With the Birds" would be a b-side. :inquisitive:

The only reason why he is a part of that song is MOST LIKELY because Chris took a chord progression from one of his songs. That OR Chris wrote a song and then someone told him that it sounded like a Leonard Cohen song. So to avoid "plagiarism" Chris included Leonard Cohen as one of the writers.

I think that it's probably the first scenario.

Chris has been known to do that many times.

For example, Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall includes a Peter Allen chord progression and The Hardest Part is a rip off of Losing My Religion by R.E.M.

That's why I tried to stay more neutral by saying Leonard Cohen is simply part of "Up With the Birds" in some way, because we don't know how he is involved. :D

Really!?

I could only dream of a Coldplay/Leonard Cohen collab, I can't imagine how good such a song would be :)

EDIT: Sorry guys, false alarm!

Whoa. Take a look at this. Mr. Murals followed through :stunned:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfkBsczIy3Q&feature=youtube_gdata]‪Coldplay - Isolated View (fragment live in Studio)‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

That sounds a lot like Chris . . . Is it?

EDIT: Ah crap. He removed it. Anyway, I listened to it once, so I might as well describe it for you guys that didn't get to hear it:

-It was kinda muffled, quiet, but I could hear it well enough

-There was a short intro with an acoustic guitar. Nothing else. The acoustic continued alone throughout the song.

-Chris came in with a falsetto and the falsetto remained throughout the song.

Unfortunately I didn't catch any of the lyrics :\. I was literally in the process of ripping the audio when Mr. Murals removed the video. I can't be 100% sure it was Chris singing, but it sounded A LOT like him.