🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

The Tracklisting

jeffmmhmm

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry but I don't really understand what "mixing" is, what do they do? Can somebody explain it?

In a very simple way, recording process for studio or live music is not a unity. You record multiple tracks for songs such as, one part acoustic guitar, rhythmic guitar on another, bass on other, etc...

Also you can have different takes (at diferent times) of the players. You can also add layers of effects, overdubs (which is additional guitar playing normally). The producers work with engineers to mix it all, and the bosess are the main original mixers, which overlap, and decide which layers, tracks and takes of sound make the whole song.

Finally outside the studio or live acts, you can also assemble the songs or disassemble them and assembling in a different way, these are the final mixers, which also try to equalize and compress music in order to decide volumes and textures of the players, instruments and effects.

Afther the final mix is done, the record or song is not fully finished yet. Then you have make a "master" process but that's another story...

I've been reading John Crawford's messages.

I've been in the same position and I think I can believe him, the way he 's telling you things...,at least I want to believe.

So maybe he's telling the truth.

I also give some credit to him, because the record is not finished, mixing process continues..., and he told it which is true.

I also want to belive him when he's saying that ETIAW is no to going to be in this album. For me, it'd be the best. EMI/Parlophone please don't make any pressure on that. Let the band decide...

So this means you also heard some parts of the songs?

In a very simple way, recording process for studio or live music is not a unity. You record multiple tracks for songs such as, one part acoustic guitar, rhythmic guitar on another, bass on other, etc...

Also you can have different takes (at diferent times) of the players. You can also add layers of effects, overdubs (which is additional guitar playing normally). The producers work with engineers to mix it all, and the bosess are the main original mixers, which overlap, and decide which layers, tracks and takes of sound make the whole song.

Finally outside the studio or live acts, you can also assemble the songs or disassemble them and assembling in a different way, these are the final mixers, which also try to equalize and compress music in order to decide volumes and textures of the players, instruments and effects.

Afther the final mix is done, the record or song is not fully finished yet. Then you have make a "master" process but that's another story...

Locust7 is correct... if it is true that it's a story or traditional "concept album" (in a timeline), then the process gets even more complicated because you have to sequence the album and write with that end goal in mind.

It's also safe to assume that "Paradise" and "PoC" are ones they have mixed, engineered and most probably mastered by now.

Well Phil did tweet those three songs to get released "let's get them out there" - One can presume - these are either b-sides or additional tracks to the Paradise single - kind of like they did for ETIAW - which I think Major Minus will make it to the album, and perhaps POC or Up in flames could be another album track - but then again this is overkill and we end up buying duplicate tracks although through itunes perhaps u only pay for the tracks you don't have yet.

I can see that as a possibility and why they are releasing these single ep's through itunes only.

Car Kids

Paradise

Mylo Xyloto

Hurts Like Heaven

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

Streets Are Running

Up With The Birds

Princess Of China

Under One Roof

Up In Flames

Major Minus

Tomorrow

Fail ;D.

Coldplay-Bck-Cvr.jpg

No xD.

But nearly... i want the long Songnames as the Arms and legs.

You know?