🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

The Tracklisting

jeffmmhmm

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just took some of the song names from WikiColdplay's LP5 article (which included Sex & Violence) and the other song names that were found either from the MYLO XYLOTO cover or of what we've seen registered. Some of the song names are most likely demos (like Rex & Voodoo) and others unknown. Do not blame me for what WikiColdplay wrote down in text. I see them as a pretty reliable source. Not like Wikipedia's bland article for Mylo Xyloto. :lol:

I just heard "Every Teardrop is a Waterfall" and here is my honest opinion:

It's an anthem - no doubt. It's catchy, fun, poppy and light. It's epic. It's a great video. And that is both good and bad. I think this song was written for a number of reasons. For one, Coldplay wanted to write a summer anthem. Secondly, Coldplay wants to not be known as a sappy band who write depressing songs. Thirdly, Coldplay wants to write a song that transcends languages and countries. And it works. The only problem is that they get in their own way sometimes.

First off, maybe I'm off base, but the one thing I don't like is how the title gets in the way of the song. I guess it's too happy to be titled "Every Teardrop is a Waterfall" for me. Also, it feels like they forced the title into the song at the end. It seems to stick out like a sore thumb for me towards the end, and I don't know why. The formula works in theory but it's a poppy song with a ballad title. It reminds me, in a weird way, of when I heard "Jump" by Van Halen as a kid (I know, a stretch). I liked it, but it was such a leap (pardon the pun) that it never was a song I disliked - but it also never was one I really LOVED. And at least "Jump" was appropraitely titled. I feel like Chris Martin wanted to name a song "ETIAW" and found a place to sneak it in. Am I offbase here?

I'm quoting your post John because this is exactly the way I feel about ETIAW.

Btw, does anyone think they will change their setlist that much in the upcoming concerts/festivals ? :thinking: i dont think so,maybe just Paradise included but i wouldnt like it if they play more new songs...

That is an interesting point. I doubt they will take out any of the new songs to make space for Paradise because these festivals now are effectively promotion for Mylo Xyloto. I reckon Paradise will replace Everything's Not Lost.

Having absorbed what I have from what I read and reading between the lines, here is what I think the order of the songs will be:

01 - Mylo Xyloto/Hurts Like Heaven ???? (Only wildcard)

02 - Up in Flames

03 - Charlie Brown

04 - Paradise

05 - Up With the Birds

06 - Major Minus

07 - Princess of China

08 - Every Teardrop is a Waterfall

09 - Us Against the World

10 - Tomorrow/A Hopeful Transmission

Having absorbed what I have from what I read and reading between the lines, here is what I think the order of the songs will be:

01 - Mylo Xyloto/Hurts Like Heaven ???? (Only wildcard)

02 - Up in Flames

03 - Charlie Brown

04 - Paradise

05 - Up With the Birds

06 - Major Minus

07 - Princess of China

08 - Every Teardrop is a Waterfall

09 - Us Against the World

10 - Tomorrow/A Hopeful Transmission

Possible but i still think that -if- PoC makes the cut,it will be early on the tracklist,maybe just like Cemeteries of London...

I've changed my mind. i don't have a dream tracklist anymore. Here are just all the songs we know about so far:

"A Hopeful Transmission"

"Car Kids"

"Cartoon Heart"

"Charlie Brown"

"Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall"

"Great Expectations"

"Hurts Like Heaven"

"Major Minus"

"Mylo Xyloto"

"Paradise"

"Princess Of China"

"Rex"

"Sex And Violence"

"Tomorrow"

"U.F.O."

"Under 1 Roof"

"Us Against The World"

"Up In Flames"

"Up With The Birds"

"Voodoo"

20 songs that we know about. Now we just have to rely on Coldplay's process of eliminating songs (which I believe that they have completed).

You forgot "Moving To Mars". But well, I'm gonna think like if I were them and I'm gonna try to do a song eliminating process...

I'm gonna scrap "Major Minus" and "Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall", just because I don't want released songs already... so I'm gonna put 13 songs, which are as follows:

"Mylo Xyloto"

"Paradise"

"Princess Of China"

"Tomorrow"

"U.F.O."

"Under 1 Roof"

"Us Against The World"

"Up In Flames"

"Up With The Birds"

"Great Expectations"

"Hurts Like Heaven"

"Charlie Brown"

"A Hopeful Transmission"

Anyways, I would put "Car Kids" too, but it would make a 14 songs tracklist...

What about Great Expectations?

B-side to "Paradise", if there is one. I think this song and a few others are in debate.

GIVEN:

01 - Up In Flames

02 - Paradise

03 - Us Against the World

04 - Mylo Xyloto ( Is it instrumental or a song or part 1 and part 2?)

05 - Charlie Brown (how this song title fits in, I don't know... if it's a storyline)

06 - Princess of China

07 - Major Minus (because it ties into "story")

ON THE FENCE:

08- Up With the Birds

09 - Hurts Like Heaven

10 - UFO (Alien Radio)???

11 - Tomorrow

12 - A Hopeful Transmission

13 - Great Expectations

14 - Under 1 Roof??? ( is this an actual song title?)

Remember, some of the "better" songs may be left off in the name of the "concept" album we've been hearing about. That may be why there is such a struggle internally between the band members as to what to include and in what order the tracks will sequence.

1. Mylo Xyloto

2. Hurts Like Heaven

3. Princess of China

4. Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

5. Charlie Brown

6. Us Against The World

7. Up With The Birds

8. Major Minus

9. Up In Flames

10. A Hopeful Transmission

11. Tomorrow

I'm hoping they leave off Great Expectations, as it sounds like a Viva cast-off.

B-side to "Paradise", if there is one. I think this song and a few others are in debate.

GIVEN:

01 - Up In Flames

02 - Paradise

03 - Us Against the World

04 - Mylo Xyloto ( Is it instrumental or a song or part 1 and part 2?)

05 - Charlie Brown (how this song title fits in, I don't know... if it's a storyline)

06 - Princess of China

07 - Major Minus (because it ties into "story")

ON THE FENCE:

08- Up With the Birds

09 - Hurts Like Heaven

10 - UFO (Alien Radio)???

11 - Tomorrow

12 - A Hopeful Transmission

13 - Great Expectations

14 - Under 1 Roof??? ( is this an actual song title?)

Remember, some of the "better" songs may be left off in the name of the "concept" album we've been hearing about. That may be why there is such a struggle internally between the band members as to what to include and in what order the tracks will sequence.

Funny, I forgot the most obvious song (Every Teardrop is a Waterfall)! That's eight (8) tracks I believe are givens. I also forgot "Car Kids", which seems to be written everywhere as a possible title. Maybe a followup "ep" would be in the works if there are supposedly such tough decisions on what to include of the 16 songs (or however many) they are choosing from.