✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Will Hurts Like Heaven make it to the album???

RiotFever

Oracle just answered about HLH, he doesn't know the tracklisting, and he doesn't know about HLH on the album, but he doesn't seem to care about it

http://www.coldplay.com/oracledetail_pop.php?id=2214&page=0&iframe=true

August 16, 2011 - submitted by Matthew, United Kingdom

Q. I know you can't talk about it, but this concerns Hurts Like Heaven. With the album being announced and the billboard story, there's a massive thing going around that HLH won't make it to the album. Why?! It seems to be THE song for the album, and ties in with everything that has been promoted so far (running man, graffiti, opening song to the concerts!, etc). It's my (and a lot of others) favorite song so far, and I guess that all I want is for Coldplay to know what a great song they have here, and that it deserves to be on Mylo Xyloto. I know you know nothing of final track listing, and you can't say anything to us; but is there the chance that you can let the boys know that this song deserves everything it can get for the album? Thanks from a lot of fans.

The Oracle replies:

I have to say I think it's great that you - and others - are worried that it won't be on the album because you've heard it and love it but trust me, whether it does or doesn't won't matter when the album comes out.

You're right I can't say but I will tell you a story. Just before X&Y was finished I heard that Talk was going to be left off. I felt I had to step in so texted Chris. The next thing I knew, it was being mixed and included on the album.

Hand on heart I don't know the tracklisting right now but if I did and Hurts Like Heaven wasn't on, I wouldn't text about it. I absolutely LOVE the song but I have faith that this is the album the band wanted to make and want to release so that's good enough for me.

and the question was made because of the Billboard article. Here's the fragment:

http://www.billboard.com/#/features/coldplay-the-billboard-cover-story-1005314152.story?page=2 <-----------------

"...Some songs are already familiar to fans from festival appearances and aural previews, including the relentlessly effervescent first track, "Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall"; the shimmering, syncopated "Charlie Brown"; and "Major Minus," an ominous, thundering beast of a song with rattling guitars, potent (and rare) Buckland solos and restless, shifting musical patterns. Those three songs, along with others like the bold anthem "Paradise" (the first "proper" single from the record, due Sept. 12); the broad, bass-heavy "Up in Flames"; and the textured romance of "Us Against the World" seem destined to appear on Mylo Xyloto.

But another uptempo track, "Hurts Like Heaven," and particularly the "Major Tom"-meets-Sinatra exercise of "Moving to Mars" could potentially (tragically?) end up on the scrap heap..."

What do you think about it?

I actually am the one who asked the question. It is my favorite one so far, and I don't want to see it left off the album. I know I'm not the only one here who loves it, so i wrote that up in the best way i thought i could, with hopes that they would notice it and take action. Im glad that it was answered, and I hope to God that the band sees it and realizes how much it means to us. I really think that we all need to let them know how we like it.

What does she mean when she says this? - "but trust me, whether it does or doesn't won't matter when the album comes out."

I assume she means if it's left off the album, there'll be a reason for it and she's hinting that the album is so good that you'll completely forget about HLH if it isn't on there.

Its one of those songs you can definitly see that the boys love to play live.All four of them are so into the song and moving around.By that alone I feel confident that it will be on the album.Plus its very guitary and Jonny is all over it.And Chris is very big on letting Jonny have his moment and this song is one of them.Thats just what I think.

Iam sure were thinking about it way to much ! It will be on MX just like ETIAW,CB,MM,UATW and POC...just to many rumors going around the tracklist but these songs are 99 % sure i suppose !

still no confirmation that ETIAW is on the album...although im still pissed on how they are making people buy the song 3 times! O_O but me personally...i havent even downloaded it :lol:

but i pray Hurts like Heaven is on the album...so addictive:stunned: