✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Who else is pissed that this didn't make it on the MX track listing?

Violet

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely love this song, kinda sad, not really pissed, this didnt make it. It's such a shame.

Its a beautifully written song love the line

"We are meeting for the first time, we might never meet again"

At least we got the studio version of it to enjoy.

Its a numbers game. Moving to Mars would probably have been inclused in MX had it fared better in views on YT. Paradise was uploaded on 9/10/2011 and 19 days later has over 6 million views to Moving to mars 2 million since its June upload.....Thats my take, market testing was used on the pre release uploads

Not Pissed not surprised

The pre album release uploads for sale like Every Tear Drop Makes A Waterfall, Moving to Mars and now Paradise were part of a test market for the album. Since Paradise has had over 6 M views in three weeks, 3 times as many as Moving to Mars that was released in June Moving loses on the playlist selectio as a bankable album selling song .....

Everyone wants to make the album release an emotional carnival of sorts, when in reality, some of ths slickest marketing of all time is being run past people by You Tube, iTunes, and Amazon.com on behalf of Mylo Xyloto.....there are few surprises these days.

Strategic Efforts in marketing Mylo Xyloto prior to release

Everyone wants to make the album release an emotional carnival of sorts, when in reality, some of ths slickest marketing of all time is being run past people by You Tube, iTunes, and Amazon.com on behalf of Mylo Xyloto.....there are few surprises these days. Coldplays management team and Parlophone manage strategy markting very well in album sales which demonstrate it works, Arcade Fire adopted similar pre-release modes prior to The Suburbs and one Grammy later there will be more to come:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I don't understand why anyone would be pissed this didn't make the album. I'm in love with song, probably more than any released. But its been released. Why would we want it in the album?

It's annoying to me because I always listen to MX as a whole...and now I haven't an excuse to listen to it. :( Yes, at this point it'd be silly to have the entire EP be on the LP, but it's still such an amazing song that's definitely better than some of the tracks that DID make the cut; namely, UFO, POC, UIF.... (this is of course my opinion).

With the album now fully dropped, I definitely can't understand having Moving to Mars on it. If there had been a single other song we had already heard on the album, I'd blow. I love the last half of the album because its all new.

I'm hopeful we get some more music and I almost wish Moving to Mars could have been saved for a five track EP or something. Not that there's any reason to believe that's up the pipeline, but I like songs grouped. And right now it has no grouping!

I would say that it still ranks as one of the best songs of this Era though. It's brilliant and I hope they play it live.

• 1 month later...

here's a little blog from Luke of The kooks, love that band

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/luke-pritchard/kooks-new-song_b_1134004.html

I'm really not a fan of the new Coldplay stuff, but this is genius. One of his best songs ever, in my opinion. How could they leave this off the album?! It's like Louis Amstrong meets Pink Floyd! I met Chris Martin for the first time in Paris while we were doing Tarratata about two months ago and I mentioned this song. He looked genuinely disappointed that they'd left it off. Bound to be a bootleg classic though:

Moving To Mars -

Interesting that Mr Pritchard confesses to not being a fan of the MX work as a whole but he really likes MTM. I agree with him on the second part - it reminded me a bit of Pink Floyd the first time I heard it and I haven't really listened to them properly :laugh3: I think it's definitely one of the best songs from the era that they've released - it still sounds like Coldplay and has little remnants of Parachutes and X&Y but at the same time it sounds different to anything they've done. Evolved somehow. Plus it's such an atmospheric track.

I do wonder what clinched their decision to not include it on the album. I guess like others have already said it's most likely because it didn't 'fit' on the album in terms of the track arrangement and the strict running time. To me it's just as good as Paradise if not better but I think maybe it didn't have as much commercial potential as a single. And it definitely is of better quality and worth than UIF and UFO (in my opinion) - which are both also quieter and more classical Coldplay acoustic tracks. I think it deserves to be on a proper EP rather than just a b-side - I just think it's a bit sad that the boys haven't showcased it within the album because it should have had a proper platform - it's too good not to and I guess Luke describing Chris looking disappointed shows he knows it.