✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Car Kids as a B-side?

periahdark

So, I see that a lot of people are worried that Car Kids isn't on the album (which boggles my mind because none of us even knows what Car Kids sounds like). I actually never thought Car Kids was a song. I thought it was a lyric or a concept for the album. But, I suddenly got this idea.

The artwork for Paradise is the part of the artwork of Mylo Xyloto that has Car Kids written on it. It's just cut off in the Paradise artwork. Maybe Car Kids will be a b-side to Paradise. Thoughts?

I actually think Car Kids was the first name for Charlie Brown as there are various signs ('I took a car downtown where the lost boys meet,...all the boys all the girls").

I could be wrong but I don't think so! Maybe there will be a song that will be more suited to the 'Car Kids' theme.

Someone please fill me in as to what the big deal is with Car Kids? We don't know what it is. Geez.

Well, we know it's a song. It's about old people complaining about kids. (A guy named Chris Martin says so in this interview: http://www.20min.ch/videotv/?channel...video_id=14917)

And it's on covers and T-shirts. And we have the CK stuff.

So, enough to get obsessed about.

But yeah, we may never hear about it again.

• 3 months later...

In this 2009 interview, with 11 minutes left, Chris said that Car Kids would be about "old people complaining about young people" and that it was meant to be a song about how when you get to be 40, or even only 30, you start to talk about how "the kids, they're different now; we weren't like that".

It's from quite a while ago, so they had been writing for this song for quite some time, which makes me think that they must use it for something at some point. Hopefully. :confused:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...