✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Female vocal? ** UPDATED - It's Rihanna **

Mimixxx

Oracle today;

September 16, 2011 - submitted by Dave, United States of America

Q. Are Rihanna's vocals a duet, a solo, or a part similar to Emily Bart-Smith on Rainy Day?

The Oracle replies:

It's not at all like the EBS backing vocals that are a subtle part of Rainy Day. This is a proper duet and honestly guys, it's incredible.

Holy crap.

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My thing is, Chris chose Rihanna because she has a great voice, not because he is in love with her music and wants to collaborate with her creatively. Rihanna had no say in what went into the song or the composition of the music. She's just singing what Coldplay tells her to sing because they like her voice.

This isn't them writing a song with her or collaborating on any deep level. It's really not as big a deal as everyone is making it out to be.

have a great voice less of Divas as Beyonce because Rihanna have a voice natural .

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=577wjcjI-Z0&feature=related]Rihanna - Unfaithful live (Mobo Awards 2006) - YouTube[/ame]

I haven't been the biggest Coldplay fan recently but even I'm reserving judgment on this song until I hear it. Do I have high expectations for it? No. But they might just surprise me.

After all, I thought Kanye + Bon Iver was going to be bad but look how it turned out: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-08sN188iX0]Lost in the World - Kanye West & Bon Iver - YouTube[/ame]

My thing is, Chris chose Rihanna because she has a great voice, not because he is in love with her music and wants to collaborate with her creatively. Rihanna had no say in what went into the song or the composition of the music. She's just singing what Coldplay tells her to sing because they like her voice.

This isn't them writing a song with her or collaborating on any deep level. It's really not as big a deal as everyone is making it out to be.

oh thanks.........so you obviously are very close to the band and chris right????

come on, as if you would know anything about the process of creating POC. If you don't know anything about the process of POC and you don't like what people are saying about it, don't just write some bullshit that you made up

You guys are funny.

Coldplay is one of the biggest bands in the world. They've ALWAYS wanted to appeal to a mass audience. By asking Rihanna to duet, they're just broadening their sound... they clearly wanted something involving the female voice, and obviously none of the boys could supply that. So they asked someone well-known.

What if they had gotten someone whom no one knew about? Would that somehow make it better for you? No, they went a route of "choosing someone with a good voice who happens to have fans."

BUT OH GOD, SHE'S A SEX SYMBOL! Well I'm sorry Susan Boyle wasn't fucking available to do the tracking.

Reading some of the comments. "This is heartbreaking." "Coldplay are no longer my favorite band." Major lolz at all of that.

One fucking song and people lose their shit. It's one song. You haven't even heard it yet.

No kidding. And, even if we ignore the not-so-blatant-but-blatant sexism throughout all of your "RIHANNA IS A WHORE" posts...

You guys who are just jumping to such conclusions are literally NO better than the people who just say "it must be Coldplay, so it must be gay."

Grow up and start opening your minds.

The more I listen to it, the more I start to think she may actually be good in this song...especially when I hear the "La la la la la la's"

As long as she doesn't do her reggae accent thing she has been doing a lot lately, and doesn't over-sing, the song can still be saved from being an epic fail.

Oh, and if they do release this song as a single and make a video...I just pray that Rihanna doesn't whore it up. I'd like to see her wear pants and a shirt (that isn't see-through) for once. This song is "sexy" all on it's own it doesn't need a little "slutting up"

I am very upset with chris that he wanted this whore on the album. she can't sing for shit. it's all computer and editing voice software that makes her sound good. This album is about coldplay, not rhianna. I am cutting this song out of my playlist, im highly pissed.

Actually, you should look up some of Rihanna's live performances (from this year) she actually sings live and sounds like she does on the CD. Her voice has really improved in the past 2 years.

I'm not her biggest fan, but I will not say she is a bad singer because she really isn't.

I am very upset with chris that he wanted this whore on the album. she can't sing for shit. it's all computer and editing voice software that makes her sound good. This album is about coldplay, not rhianna. I am cutting this song out of my playlist, im highly pissed.

you can save your shit too you are too a rapist for whore ? :dozey:

because it's his fault that the producers are rappers? put computers and put it in this context. It is an interpret such as theater.

Rihanna stopped confusing scene and that of real life of Rihanna.

and more you see the war of men is not easy................ :angry:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEhy-RXkNo0]Rihanna - Man Down - YouTube[/ame]

feat. Avril Lavigne I am with you

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR0v0i63PQ4]Rihanna - Cheers (Drink To That) [Official Version] - YouTube[/ame]

.....I actually think this track will turn out well :\

People shouldn't be so close-minded and judge this collaboration without having heard it yet.

the problem is people have no ear for love and heart to really listen when the singers sing or not really .

people make me laugh when people say that Rihanna can not sing. people have not soul for listen Rihanna :shrug:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UVbCATjE3A&feature=related]Rihanna - Unfaithful (Live) @ World Music Awards HQ - YouTube[/ame]

oh thanks.........so you obviously are very close to the band and chris right????

come on, as if you would know anything about the process of creating POC. If you don't know anything about the process of POC and you don't like what people are saying about it, don't just write some bullshit that you made up

Excuse me? At least I'm not freaking out about how "bad" a song that I haven't even heard yet is.

Anyway...

According to Debs the song is great so that's got me excited. I've never had anything against Rihanna either so I think I'll dig it. Hopefully...

Excuse me? At least I'm not freaking out about how "bad" a song that I haven't even heard yet is.

Anyway...

According to Debs the song is great so that's got me excited. I've never had anything against Rihanna either so I think I'll dig it. Hopefully...

As long as her "reggae" accent isn't on the song and she isn't trying to overshadow Chris' vocals I think the song may work. The more I listen to it, the more I start to think it may actually work. And I really pray that if this is made into a video that they don't give it the "Slut" treatment - Rihanna can be TOO sexual (yeah, there is such a thing)

Anyway...

Well I'm gonna listen to the "Stay Civil" thread and not throw gasoline on the fire, but I will say this. The oracle represents Coldplay. What would people think if she said she didn't like the song? She can't say that she doesn't like the song. And I know what you'll say: "Well she didn't have to say that it was her favorite track". She said this because she's trying to pacify those of us who are upset. She knows people aren't happy. The band knows people aren't happy. Will even made a comment about how unhappy we are. She's trying to keep us calm and not panic.

Well I'm gonna listen to the "Stay Civil" thread and not throw gasoline on the fire, but I will say this. The oracle represents Coldplay. What would people think if she said she didn't like the song? She can't say that she doesn't like the song. And I know what you'll say: "Well she didn't have to say that it was her favorite track". She said this because she's trying to pacify those of us who are upset. She knows people aren't happy. The band knows people aren't happy. Will even made a comment about how unhappy we are. She's trying to keep us calm and not panic.

Did he really? What did he say?:stunned: