✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Female vocal? ** UPDATED - It's Rihanna **

Mimixxx

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm also not happy about it. I just don't like to hear anybody else than Coldplay on their records. Of course, its Rihanna, a artist who I don't like. I loved PoC and for me it was another single but now I'm sceptical.

Nevertheless I will give it a chance and that is what we all should do. Wait and see. There is enough time after the release to complain about.

I just can't imagine Rihanna singing "You could 've be the princess, I'd be a king; Would've had a castle and wore a ring but noooooooooooo..."

we've learnt to love guys music but it seems to be definitely wrong choice (whatever Oracle believes...)

but who knows maybe it will be gr8

What do you think she's gonna say? She's the Oracle. She represents Coldplay. She can't say it's bad even if she thinks it is.

it is because it is Chris who says it. Rhianna does work for the glory not nor industry of disc. compared to the entourage of Chris, Gwyneth, Beyonce, and others love be famous the others .

and more i said Rhianna Duet

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74868

One of the reasons for which precisely I despise the Rihanna collaboration on Mylo Xyloto is because now all the press are talking of such collaboration only and say nothing about the album. So basically Coldplay is attracting attention just because they have teamed up with Rihanna, not because the song or the album is great.

I'm starting to dislike this forum because everybody is so full of hatred about the new album since they heard Paradise and that Rihanna will do a duet on the album. Give it a chance, will you? And stop saying: what happened to the old Coldplay?

I love all the new songs, and even though I never listened neither do I now listen to Rihanna, I'm pretty sure Princes of China will sound awesome with her on it (just as you think it's horrible JUST because it's Rihanna).

I'm starting to dislike this forum because everybody is so full of hatred about the new album since they heard Paradise and that Rihanna will do a duet on the album. Give it a chance, will you? And stop saying: what happened to the old Coldplay?

I love all the new songs, and even though I never listened neither do I now listen to Rihanna, I'm pretty sure Princes of China will sound awesome with her on it (just as you think it's horrible JUST because it's Rihanna).

Just as you can have your opinion, we can have ours. It's not about Princess Of China or Rihanna, it's the fact that Coldplay would have never done this on the first few albums. It's just disappointing to see an intelligent band collaborate with an unintelligent artist. Basically, we're saying that we listen to Coldplay to get away from people like her. We listen to Coldplay to get away from what's wrong with music.

Just as you can have your opinion, we can have ours. It's not about Princess Of China or Rihanna, it's the fact that Coldplay would have never done this on the first few albums. It's just disappointing to see an intelligent band collaborate with an unintelligent artist. Basically, we're saying that we listen to Coldplay to get away from people like her. We listen to Coldplay to get away from what's wrong with music.

Yes, you can. And I respect it. But that doesn't mean you have to spit on it. Coldplay is still an intelligent band and will be. After all, Rihanna is doing Coldplay's song and it will be intelligent. Nothing is wrong with the music. Embrace if you want to or just run away from it. There are just a lot of genres of music nowadays that evolved from previous ones. People change, bands change, music changes. And it's nothing wrong but going forward. I think it's stupid not to listen to sth just because it's so called mainstream. You listen to what you like and don't care about the labels people put onto everything.

Yes, but you can't compare what they did 11 years ago to what they are doing now.

Yes, you can. And I respect it. But that doesn't mean you have to spit on it. Coldplay is still an intelligent band and will be. After all, Rihanna is doing Coldplay's song and it will be intelligent. Nothing is wrong with the music. Embrace if you want to or just run away from it. There are just a lot of genres of music nowadays that evolved from previous ones. People change, bands change, music changes. And it's nothing wrong but going forward. I think it's stupid not to listen to sth just because it's so called mainstream. You listen to what you like and don't care about the labels people put onto everything.

I completely agree. Bravo!

After hearing it again also, i´m pretty sure we can figure out what Rihanna is singing by listening to Chris`voice...he is singing some very high notes at some points and i think by that is meant Rihannas is singing those lyrics. So my prediction for the Rihanna-Part are as follows:

Once upon a time, I remember.

That all we ever seem to do is fight.

You sing la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la

And we sing la, lalala la laaaaaaaaaaa (Duet)

Cos you really hurt me

Oh you really hurt me

Cos you really hurt me

No you really hurt me

Any other thoughts ?! :)

Nobody can tell me anything to change my mind, Coldplay is DEAD TO ME.

I kind of agree with that but I still think: "how about Charlie Brown, Hurt Like Heaven, Major Minus, Us Against the World....?"

The first time I heard the news + Paradise I changed my favourite band to Arctic Monkeys.

I mean Coldplay... from fucking Michael Stipe, and Richard Ashcroft to Rihanna?? Siriously, this is to what level you're heading?? What the fuck is wrong with them?

Edit: I wish it was something like Bat For Lashes or The Pierces, but why this sheep?

Where is the time that Chris was totally in love with Jeff Buckley or Arcade Fire? Now he seems to be in love with Alicia Keys, Rihanna, and Usher.[/size] I wonder if Will is really agreeing with all this.

Or the time when Richard Ashcroft was his hero, and Bittersweet Symphony was his favourite song of all time?? And he admired Radiohead so much that he would "give his left ball to write something as good as Ok Computer" ?? Chris you're doing it wrong!!

Or how about Natalie Imbruglia, or Luna with Kylie, this is genius collaboration I think, at least Kylie has a nice voice.

The fact that we are in the MX-era doesn't AUTOMATICALLY mean that it is all good and perfect, for god's sake! If it has to be this way, then it WILL be this way, that's the truth. But it is not what most of the fans expected. Many fans just don't like it. Commercial is the big word.

^+1

I already mentioned I trust the band with this, but has any one else thought that by doing this Coldplay might bring peace between fans of pop and alternative music. At least where I live, people get mean and ruthless over music, and since the majorty of my school listens to pop, I'll admit I take alot of that negivity (not to sound like a martyr). I thinkby getting the biggest rock group to collaborate with who possibly is the biggest pop star right now might bring some stabillity between genres. I mean, it sure hasn't brought peace to this forum but, yeah.....:smug:

I already mentioned I trust the band with this, but has any one else thought that by doing this Coldplay might bring peace between fans of pop and alternative music. At least where I live, people get mean and ruthless over music, and since the majorty of my school listens to pop, I'll admit I take alot of that negivity (not to sound like a martyr). I thinkby getting the biggest rock group to collaborate with who possibly is the biggest pop star right now might bring some stabillity between genres. I mean, it sure hasn't brought peace to this forum but, yeah.....:smug:

Totally agree with you. Well said.

And can we all please wait for the song and then give our opinions about it when you hear it? Because you're not doing anything by bringing hate towards everyone. I hope that there will be people who said that PoC will be shitty with Rihanna, but when they are going to hear it, that they'll love it. And don't say you won't 'cause you don't know that yet.

I don't think everyone should rush to conclusions. Here in the states, it seems like every collaboration on the radio features Rihanna, and I usually don't care for them at all.

BUT lets not lie to ourselves, Rihanna has a great voice. Plus Coldplay wrote the song, so if you are a true fan, you know it can't be god awful. I admit it seems to lessen the bands credibility of being one of the few popular artists left that are true musicians.

But lets wait to see the final product before we all decide!

Oracle today;

September 16, 2011 - submitted by Dave, United States of America

Q. Are Rihanna's vocals a duet, a solo, or a part similar to Emily Bart-Smith on Rainy Day?

The Oracle replies:

It's not at all like the EBS backing vocals that are a subtle part of Rainy Day. This is a proper duet and honestly guys, it's incredible.

Oracle today;

September 16, 2011 - submitted by Dave, United States of America

Q. Are Rihanna's vocals a duet, a solo, or a part similar to Emily Bart-Smith on Rainy Day?

The Oracle replies:

It's not at all like the EBS backing vocals that are a subtle part of Rainy Day. This is a proper duet and honestly guys, it's incredible.

She needs to stop trying to pacify those of us who are upset about this.

My thing is, Chris chose Rihanna because she has a great voice, not because he is in love with her music and wants to collaborate with her creatively. Rihanna had no say in what went into the song or the composition of the music. She's just singing what Coldplay tells her to sing because they like her voice.

This isn't them writing a song with her or collaborating on any deep level. It's really not as big a deal as everyone is making it out to be.