✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Female vocal? ** UPDATED - It's Rihanna **

Mimixxx

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont understand Ive never seen this many negative comments before. I mean even if you dont like the one song doesnt mean the whole album is garbage. I know coldplay has the most complete albums but uts one song theres 14 songs. So far... (IMO)

Mylo Xyloto- havent heard it, might be intro (instrumental) song, sounds good live

Hurts like Heaven- 10/10 fav so far even with back track vocals

Paradise-6/10 still has to grow on me, good song in totality of album, not a good single

Charlie Brown-10/10 greatness!

Us against the world- 10/10 im guessing this is the coldplay this forum wants, great great song

M.M.I.X- Have no idea, hopefully chris just sings this one, leave it alone BRIAN, jk

ETIAW- 8/10 have no idea y ppl hate this song, its just for fun not every song has to gut renching emotionally

Major Minus 10/10- this song grew on me, took a few listens but after i seen it live i gave the studio version a try again and its just great.

U.F.O.- have no idea again maybe itll be like a Muse song

Princess of China (so far) 8/10- seen the only version available and its greatness theres not alot of lyrics to this song so dont no how rihanna will downgrade it to garbage. You need a princess for the concept album, GaGa would have been better, or alicia keys, theres alot more better ppl but its not rebecca black or kesha so...

Up in Flames- this my be a dark one, emotional, heard chris apologized to the band and crew for having them rehearse it so many times, dont quote me on that

A hopeful Transmittion- probably a good filler like A Whisper, White Shadows or A message, all great songs, paradise would be higher for me if was under radar like those songs but it was a single:confused:

DLIBYH- might be a ballad, power ballad, i just dont know might be like Death and All of His Friends

Up with the Birds- again its gonna be surprise

Album is gonna be great, at least im gonna enjoy it, I already love 6/7 songs (only like paradise, not love) Watever if ppl dont like the album you listen to AROBTTH and para para parachutes

Mylo Xyloto-7

HLH-9.5

Paradise-6.5

CB-9

UATW-8

MMIX-:confused:

ETIAW-6.5

MM-8

UFO-:confused:

PoC-8.5

UIF-:confused:

AHT-:confused:

DLIBYH-its gonna be another 'hate magnet' based on the title

UWTB-:confused:

Princess of China (so far) 8/10- seen the only version available and its greatness theres not alot of lyrics to this song so dont no how rihanna will downgrade it to garbage. You need a princess for the concept album, GaGa would have been better, or alicia keys, theres alot more better ppl but its not rebecca black or kesha so...

you would also have put Americans singers to sing as Gwyneth ?

Rhianna is from Barbados, she is English ancestor and Irish blood (his father).

So sorry I can call the Princess of Barbados.

is logic sing with Chris

I picture her singing this way.

yeah funny but there are others in youtube for mixed that are better pff

l18 feb. 2011

I highly doubt YouTube will allow this one, given my run with Rihanna songs, but I can still try. ¬¬

Wait... o_O

A Rihanna video, uploaded by me, that hasn't been blocked any where? It's A Christmas Miracle!!!!

Anyway, this mash up sorta came to when I was listening to the new DJ's From Mars mix (which is awesome btw) and I decided to make this. The music kinda fits the video too cos they both involve playing the piano.

Songs Used:

Unfaithful - Rihanna - A Girl Like Me

Clocks - Coldplay - A Rush Of Blood To The Head

Comment, thumbs up (or down) below and subscribe above!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRJ0-vsaZco

Ok so i know a lot of people dont want Rihanna on POC but perhaps this is a strategy to show how good Coldplay really is.

I mean Rihanna is in my opinion not that great so if Coldplay were able to make her sound good on a song then this would truly prove that Coldplay is the best band in the world.

This could turn out amazing or horrible. When I heard Princess of China, I liked it but there was just something missing. If she comes in and just does some background stuff like "oh oh ohs" or something then it probably wouldn't be bad at all. If she takes the lead during more than like 1% of the song then I will be nervous about it.

i don't want Rihanna on the album! as i would not want ant other artist.. it's not i don't like HER, cause i do, i mean she has great voice; but i want a 100% Coldplay album. If they want POC with Rihanna, it's ok! do it! but do not include it on the album, launch it apart..I dont like when other artist are fatured on albums :/

i think of making bookmarks of all the haters posts who will suddenly change their mind then... :p^^

You think they will beat me the fans ? because made a thread about a rumor in a newspaper and I thought it a good idea of ​​collaboration Chris & Rhianna :worried:

And the band can be passed by here.

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74868

This could turn out amazing or horrible. When I heard Princess of China, I liked it but there was just something missing. If she comes in and just does some background stuff like "oh oh ohs" or something then it probably wouldn't be bad at all. If she takes the lead during more than like 1% of the song then I will be nervous about it.

No you have Rihanna his sound R&B in all Paradise song of Coldplay

plus Rihanna Princess of China but more of Barbados on 3:13

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR0v0i63PQ4&feature=related]Rihanna - Cheers (Drink To That) [Official Version] - YouTube[/ame]

and support of Avril Lavigne with I'm With You (alone in world)

she is true

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-WfwZmJSpM&feature=related]Rihanna-Cry [My Official Music Video] - YouTube[/ame]

Hey Coldplayers :)

I dont know if its already been discussed but if the song features Rihanna, does it mean that they wont play it live ?! :thinking:

Because the oracle also said,it didnt sound that good without her and thats why they dropped it from the setlist...but she wont be able to be in every concert of them...so,will they probably use a backing track then or just perform it as they did at Rock im Park OR will it be only performed when they are touring through the USA because she is living there ?!... i´m so worried...

Hey Coldplayers :)

I dont know if its already been discussed but if the song features Rihanna, does it mean that they wont play it live ?! :thinking:

Because the oracle also said,it didnt sound that good without her and thats why they dropped it from the setlist...but she wont be able to be in every concert of them...so,will they probably use a backing track then or just perform it as they did at Rock im Park OR will it be only performed when they are touring through the USA because she is living there ?!... i´m so worried...

I guess it will all depend on how the track is received. I mean if it´s a giant success, surely they will have to include it in the setlist? It´s anybody´s guess though whether they will. Hard to say at this point.

^^ I hope she doesn't come on tour with them. :worried:

I don't like Rihanna's music much and yesterday I was really angry, but now I'm thinking maybe it won't be that bad... After all, it's a song Coldplay wrote and Chris said she sounded different because she was singing his lyrics. So the only thing we need to worry about is the actual sound of her voice, and combined with Chris's.

It could be interesting...

But still. RIHANNA??!!

Don't go there. She's his wife, the woman he loves and mother of his children. It's reported frequently that she has no say on the music they make and doesn't go to the studio and tell them what to do, so this isn't an adequate or justified comparison.

You can not be married to someone and not be influenced by their lifestyle.

i am pretty excited for this! collaborations can be such a great thing (take Gorillaz for example), plus Rihanna's not a bad singer at all.

Plus, to everyone complaining that Coldplay have gone too mainstream or pop: Coldplay have always been a POP band. ALWAYS. They were mainstream all the time, don't pretend else. Only now they're incorporating more synths instead of acoustic guitars, what's the problem? I mean listen to FUCKING YELLOW or SCIENTIST - it's all C O M M E R C I A L.

I... what... how... are you sober? Let me ask you this could Rihanna have ever sung on Parachutes or AROBTH? NO.

I'm ready to put my head in the oven.

Just what? Seriously. What is this world I have woken up to this morning?

Since when do Coldplay duet on an album track?

Since when do they regard Rihanna to be a good artist?

Since when did PoC need tampering with?

Since when has Coldplay sold out?!

Jeez. At least I can say I saw them when they were still good.

I agree

I agree

I agree

I agree

I disagree. They're still good, very good. They're making some wrong decisions with their talent.

But she said they removed it from the setlist because it didn't sound right without her and that it was written with her in mind. I think I am being won over!!:(:wink3:

What do you think she's gonna say? She's the Oracle. She represents Coldplay. She can't say it's bad even if she thinks it is.

RAWRRAWRRAWR COLDPLAY SOLD OUT BECAUSE THEY GOT RIHANNA TO SING A PART OF A SONG RAWRRAWRRAWR.

REALLY!?

Who would you rather in that position.. at least Rihanna can actually sing. And sing well.

You guys are ridiculous. At least wait until it comes out to be pissed.

This is what's wrong with music. Put this ideology in a jar, throw it out and we're back in the 80's when people respected good music and good voices.

C'mon... for the dissapointed Coldplay fans, just listen to Everything's Not Lost and know coldplay is not lost :P

I'd hate to say it, but I think they are. This is so much bigger than Rihanna. There's something wrong with the fact that Gwyneth and Jay-Z are in the stands on camera at Glastonbury. Are they musically lost? No. When you put it in perspective, Hurts Like Heaven, Charlie Brown, Us Against The World, are still great songs. This album is gonna be really good (once you skip track 10). However, they've lost their connection with the fans. I listen to Coldplay to get away from Rihanna, Lady Gaga, etc. This is not the same band that released Parachutes, A Rush Of Blood TO The Head, X&Y, and Viva la Vida (not in musical terms). Do they not understand that Rihanna is what's wrong with music?Do they not understand that they are a fading glimmer of hope in the musical world. I've never been as disappointed with the band as I am now. I don't know if it's Chris or the entire band but either way i still think it leads back to Gwyneth. "Who do I have to bang to get an advance copy of the new Coldplay album?" Really Chris, really? You're better than that, at least you were.

Dear Oracle,

What happened? I must say that the PoC/Rihanna thing is killing me. I just don't understand how the guys went from Amsterdam to Rihanna. I listen to Coldplay to get away from people like her. Coldplay was an escpae and now it seems that they have sold-out and commercialized themselves. Do they care about the fans anymore? I know you won't answer this but i figured you'd probably read it.

- Spencer