✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Female vocal? ** UPDATED - It's Rihanna **

Mimixxx

Now,for me there are no doubts about Rihanna because we cant change it anymore. Basically now should be discussed in what form Rihanna will be in Princess of China and what here singing part will be...THIS is way more interesting now for me instead of complaining all day long !

This exactly! I think she'll come in when he says "We sing" and sing the 100000000 la's with Chris (Seriously I welcome this, I don't feel like listening to Chris sing la over and over and over)... If she sings this part with him and the contrast in voices it just might work. She may also trade off on the last verse with him.

If this song becomes big though and they start playing it in concert they will have to have a version w/o Rihanna or she'll have to have a small enough part so they can just play her part.

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for my part Beyonce has much professional and strong voice and I like less :\ Rhianna is spontaneous in voice is much an interpreter.

and more so his R&B Rhianna here.

Chris sing with Rhianna therefore influence

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6ZWlDks0nQ]Coldplay - Paradise (Official) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=

]
[/ame]

I wouldn't have a problem with a female duet. But not Rihanna. She's classless, she's artificial, she's plastic. Her voice sucks, she's resorted to just having songs about S&M and all this other kinky sex crap. I've loved Coldplay because they were the exact opposite of what she stood for in the music business. They had class, emotion, and earnest music. WHY not Florence?! WHY not Adele?! Ugh.. I have yet to hear a Florence song I don't like. ^ That one alone is better than ANYTHING Rihanna has made. ANYTHING.

Perspective

"Let's go back to the start."

First, "Pop" is not a genre. Rather, it's a description of what it popular at the time. From the day Coldplay released "Yellow" and went "viral", they have been part of the Pop scene -- Pop artists. Just because you have some bright, upbeat, synth and drum driven song doesn't mean you're genre is "Pop". It's whatever is popular at the time. Therefore, yes, you thought correctly. Chopin, Mozart and Handle were also Pop artists back a few of centuries ago. Today we call the music they wrote "Classical", but it's ultimately defined by the period from which it came (Renaissance, Impressionist, etc.). Mozart was at the helm of the Pop scene at his time! This being said, if you want to talk about genre, it would be best to speak in terms of Alternative, Soft Rock, Hard Rock, R&B, Hip-Hop, Drum and Bass, Folk, etc. And, for the record, Coldplay is mainstream, as they are listened to by a very wide variety of people, have gone multi-platinum, and make m-m-m-m-millions from their music.

Second, concerning Rihanna's inclusion on the album, I can assure you that considering it a flop/failure and being the worst Coldplay song in history is not going to get you anywhere fast and is actually a pretty silly thing to do. You haven't heard it. You have no idea the role she is going to play on the song. You don't know what she is going to sing and what she isn't going to see. But, from the looks of things, I'd say it's pretty safe to say that her part will be effective for its purpose and will work quite well. For Will Champion to approve her singing in that song says A LOT about her part. And let it be known that the track listing that was revealed on Coldplay's website with the artwork behind it is most likely what's going to be on the back of the CD/Vinyl, meaning that Rihanna's name will not be "featured" next to the title, "Princess of China", unless they were clever and edited it from the picture so we wouldn't know until today. But, unless that's true, it's not going to say "Princess of China (ft. Rihanna)" or something of the like, which most likely means that her part in the song is not altogether very grand. (Also, Coldplay are NOT sell-outs for hiring her on board for the song. They'd be selling-out big time if they stopped using real instruments, featured a rapper on each of their songs, and had other people write their music for them. But this is nowhere close to selling out, so let's just calm down and collect ourselves and have a good cuppa tea until it all blows over)

Lastly, on a side note, I can assure you that all of the instrumentation in "Paradise" is quite real (Piano, Guitar, Bass, Drums, Strings, Handclaps, etc). By no means are any of the instruments being produced using a keyboard and a computer. The strings are very likely being played by Davide via an electric violin, which would be plugged into an amp or computer (for recording purposes), the bass is being played on Guy's bass, per usual, but is running through a different amp than usual, and Chris' voice and piano and Jonny's guitar are unadulterated. As for anything else you hear, that's the "enoxifcation" (which would be done through a computer or some special hardware, not by an instrument) about which we've been told. Ah, yes, and the xylophone is also real, along with the (sleigh) bells. The song is full and well mixed (kudos to Rik Simpson and Dan Green).

I, personally, am excited about Mylo Xyloto and can't wait to hear the wide variety of influences on the album. I can assure you it will be very different from what you're used to hearing from Coldplay, but it will be a wonderful album, nonetheless, containing something for everyone.

I hope you all may find this useful. The Music Industry is a vastly changing place, but being a part of it is like nothing else. I am a rising Audio Engineer/Singer/Songwriter/Producer, and I can tell you that you're in for a wild ride with the Industry over the next few years. You can trust what I tell you, as I'm not just some fanboy trying to protect the dignity of my band, but, instead, look at (their) music objectively, listening closely to every aspect of the song(s) at hand in the light of the music past, present, and future.

I hope everyone is well and that, even if "Princess of China" doesn't impress you, there will be a song for you on the new record that you can enjoy whole-heartedly and appreciate from now until you grow old and lose your hearing (but we can hope that won't happen)!

Cheers.

I am so pissed now it's not even funny. Really chris? you had to fucking ask that bitch to be on the album? im sorry but i can't be nice about this. I hate her music, shes a disgrace, and to put it on coldplay's album? fuck this! I can't believe this is happening, like really.

you are not funny each band is influencing with others bands. is a sound tell me coldplay U2 version. you would think they are gays when Chris sings with Bono have same sound

and stop calling bitch the real women .

[/url]

I wouldn't have a problem with a female duet. But not Rihanna. She's classless, she's artificial, she's plastic. Her voice sucks, she's resorted to just having songs about S&M and all this other kinky sex crap. I've loved Coldplay because they were the exact opposite of what she stood for in the music business. They had class, emotion, and earnest music. WHY not Florence?! WHY not Adele?! Ugh.. I have yet to hear a Florence song I don't like. ^ That one alone is better than ANYTHING Rihanna has made. ANYTHING.

bored maybe ?

stop insulting when you know nothing of his life, his career I have already said that Rhianna she not like his own music is just to please the producers of the music industry and ennoy people as you, because not respect her as woman :rolleyes:.

Katy Perry, Beyonce and Co more for the luxury showbiz and business

First off, this is my first post on here since I downloaded Paradise the second it was released on Itunes (1am my time, now 8pm)

After seeing this news (which I JUST heard about), the first thing I thought was "This is good. Good for the band. They need to receive some more popularity in the US and singing with more Pop artists will get them there." I still agree with this, word by word.

Rihanna according to Chris a a much different singer when its not her crappy pop bull shit. SO MAYBE this song can be good- BIG NAME w/ Coldplay (whom most know from Viva la Vida or Clocks). I mean, well...Basically I'm all over this: good song to begin with, now lets see how it is with a pop singer. People need to remember (and keep cool) that even if they don't like Rihanna there will STILL be a "Coldplay only" version, JUST LIKE LOST (or Lost+).

Personally I can see this going somewhere. This album might be THE ONE. I can't wait to see where they go.

[/url]

Sorry I'm a fan of Rhianna and more I love singing this song for my bf because I'm the only girl in the world to be desperate ALONE with balloons and lights fireworks right tree of life spontaneous in life :cool:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pa14VNsdSYM]Rihanna - Only Girl (In The World) - YouTube[/ame]

This is crap.

I hate anyone else singing on a Coldplay album and to know it's Rihanna is worse! I cannot stand her and her voice. I love POC and to know she's on it, just ruined the song for me.

I really really hope there's a version of POC out there without her in it.

First off, this is my first post on here since I downloaded Paradise the second it was released on Itunes (1am my time, now 8pm)

After seeing this news (which I JUST heard about), the first thing I thought was "This is good. Good for the band. They need to receive some more popularity in the US and singing with more Pop artists will get them there." I still agree with this, word by word.

Rihanna according to Chris a a much different singer when its not her crappy pop bull shit. SO MAYBE this song can be good- BIG NAME w/ Coldplay (whom most know from Viva la Vida or Clocks). I mean, well...Basically I'm all over this: good song to begin with, now lets see how it is with a pop singer. People need to remember (and keep cool) that even if they don't like Rihanna there will STILL be a "Coldplay only" version, JUST LIKE LOST (or Lost+).

Personally I can see this going somewhere. This album might be THE ONE. I can't wait to see where they go.

about the "coldplay only version", how do you know this?

I dont understand Ive never seen this many negative comments before. I mean even if you dont like the one song doesnt mean the whole album is garbage. I know coldplay has the most complete albums but uts one song theres 14 songs. So far... (IMO)

Mylo Xyloto- havent heard it, might be intro (instrumental) song, sounds good live

Hurts like Heaven- 10/10 fav so far even with back track vocals

Paradise-6/10 still has to grow on me, good song in totality of album, not a good single

Charlie Brown-10/10 greatness!

Us against the world- 10/10 im guessing this is the coldplay this forum wants, great great song

M.M.I.X- Have no idea, hopefully chris just sings this one, leave it alone BRIAN, jk

ETIAW- 8/10 have no idea y ppl hate this song, its just for fun not every song has to gut renching emotionally

Major Minus 10/10- this song grew on me, took a few listens but after i seen it live i gave the studio version a try again and its just great.

U.F.O.- have no idea again maybe itll be like a Muse song

Princess of China (so far) 8/10- seen the only version available and its greatness theres not alot of lyrics to this song so dont no how rihanna will downgrade it to garbage. You need a princess for the concept album, GaGa would have been better, or alicia keys, theres alot more better ppl but its not rebecca black or kesha so...

Up in Flames- this my be a dark one, emotional, heard chris apologized to the band and crew for having them rehearse it so many times, dont quote me on that

A hopeful Transmittion- probably a good filler like A Whisper, White Shadows or A message, all great songs, paradise would be higher for me if was under radar like those songs but it was a single:confused:

DLIBYH- might be a ballad, power ballad, i just dont know might be like Death and All of His Friends

Up with the Birds- again its gonna be surprise

Album is gonna be great, at least im gonna enjoy it, I already love 6/7 songs (only like paradise, not love) Watever if ppl dont like the album you listen to AROBTTH and para para parachutes