✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Female vocal? ** UPDATED - It's Rihanna **

Mimixxx

Oooooh nooooo!!!! What has happened to the REAL Coldplay??? They are becoming more and more mainstream and less and less unique and interesting :(

And the have a new song called Dont let it break your heart. Is this what there're refering to? Im heartbroken already!!! :cry:

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really really really hope that, when Roadie 42 (or whoever) described Up in Flames as devastatingly gorgeous meant something in the lines of Amsterdam, Spies, Fix You, Trouble because they certainly surprised me with their perception of beauty throught the new era. I still hold fingers crossed for UIF and other unheard tracks. :/

I really really really hope that, when Roadie 42 (or whoever) described Up in Flames as devastatingly gorgeous meant something in the lines of Amsterdam, Spies, Fix You, Trouble because they certainly surprised me with their perception of beauty throught the new era. I still hold fingers crossed for UIF and other unheard tracks. :/

I think it's too early to jump to conclusions! We can't judge now if the work with Rihanna is good or bad. Let's wait until "Mylo Xyloto" with the song comes out.

But I for my share think that the song together with Rihanna will be a great deal.

What I especially like is the fact that Coldplay tries out new things. And as Rihanna is a good singer with special and unique voice, we will see a totally new Coldplay styled song which will sound brilliant.

The sense of entitlement so many Coldplay fans have is astonishing. First of all, no-one has heard the song. Second of all, we have no idea what her contribution to the song will even be. It might just be backing vocals for all we know.

Coldplay isn't "our" band. We're just fans. We don't own them or control them or decide what THEIR art should be. If you don't like the music, move on. It's up to them to decide what to do. If this is the decision they made, then we have to respect it. They've worked with other popular artists before... Jay-Z, Kylie... and the output was respectable at very least. You gotta trust them. And if you don't like it? Well that's life.

Dave

The sense of entitlement so many Coldplay fans have is astonishing. First of all, no-one has heard the song. Second of all, we have no idea what her contribution to the song will even be. It might just be backing vocals for all we know.

Coldplay isn't "our" band. We're just fans. We don't own them or control them or decide what THEIR art should be. If you don't like the music, move on. It's up to them to decide what to do. If this is the decision they made, then we have to respect it. They've worked with other popular artists before... Jay-Z, Kylie... and the output was respectable at very least. You gotta trust them. And if you don't like it? Well that's life.

Dave

Totally right,Dave... !!!

Chris's relationship with Jay Z has clearly ruined him. All thanks to the biggest perpetrator of Coldplay destruction: Gwyneth Paltrow. It all goes back to her. Yoko herself. From her, he met Jay Z and Beyonce, which led to him to work with Kanye West, and now he went and did the unthinkable and put that wretched Rihanna on the new album. I am devastated. I usually just read comments, but this is my third comment on this thread alone. If a duet was really necessary, why not someone with REAL talent, like a Lilly Allen or Adele even. Why this fake fraud Rihanna who pretends to be a rockstar all of a sudden? Anyone else completely depressed and deflated by this dreadful news?

citizen_cane.gif

Not a big Rhianna fan, but i sdore Coldplay and give them credit for trying new things. im just gonna wait and see what the song sounds like with her on it. im gonna try to open minded about it,which is hard for me. still massively looking forward to the new album. its been a LONG 3 and a half years!

Dave

Could not agree more. No one owns Coldplay and they don´t owe us anything ,except doing what they do passionately and painstakingly and that´s what they have always been doing!

Dave

THIS!!

Now,for me there are no doubts about Rihanna because we cant change it anymore. Basically now should be discussed in what form Rihanna will be in Princess of China and what here singing part will be...THIS is way more interesting now for me instead of complaining all day long !

Agreed. I believe that the part where Chris sang the "lalalalas" in the live version is where Rihanna's part will be. I'm thinking it's just a small part. Maybe a verse or two.

Okay, let's make things clear.

So I've been waiting for the new Coldplay material for about 30 months. I was very pleased about the news that they would be recording songs in a church to make an extra acoustic sound. I liked the simple though great sounding songs Spanish Rain and Wedding Bells.

But then, suddenly...we were all getting the feeling of this 'overproduced electronic garbage'. The Oracle said that we were wrong about this, but then they brought us 'Every Teardrop is a Waterfall'. We assumed it was kind of a summer hit, not intended to sound like the new album. We were already losing some hope though.

We heard new songs on the festivals. They are OK but still nothing compared to old Coldplay work.

They planned our BIGGEST disappointments for today, September 12. Two in one day actually:

PARADISE and RIHANNA.

The song is even more 'overproduced' than ETIAW. I mean, JUST compare it to these tracks:

Prospekt's March/Poppyfiels

High Speed

A Rush Of Blood to the Head

Death and All His Friends (and The Escapist)

Paradise is TOTAL garbage compared to these masterpieces.

Second disappointment:

Rihanna is just a whining R&B top-40 trash artist. I have always hated her arrogant voice.

Female vocals...I was thinking of The Pierces, Natalie Imbruglia or even Gwyneth Paltrow. But when I fearst read Rihanna I was thinking about starting a campaign against Chris's careless and wrong decisions. What is he thinking? Is he hoping to get laid by the bitch? (she's so hot btw)

And one last thing...'Coldplay will never be as good as Take That'? Is that a joke? I like Take That and Robbie Williams, their shows are great, but their music has never been as good as Coldplay's (early) work.

Where is the time that Chris was totally in love with Jeff Buckley or Arcade Fire? Now he seems to be in love with Alicia Keys, Rihanna, and Usher. I wonder if Will is really agreeing with all this.

Okay, let's make things clear.[/size]

So I've waited for the new Coldplay material for about 30 months. I was very pleased about the news that they would be recording songs in a church to make an extra acoustic sound. I liked the simple though great sounding songs Spanish Rain and Wedding Bells.

But then, suddenly...we were all getting the feeling of this 'overproduced electronic garbage'. The Oracle said that we were wrong about this, but then they brought us 'Every Teardrop is a Waterfall'. We assumed it was kind of a summer hit, not intended to sound like the new album. We were already losing some hope though.

We heard new songs on the festivals. They are OK but still nothing compared to old Coldplay work.

They planned our BIGGEST disappointments for today, September 12. Two in one day actually:

PARADISE and RIHANNA.

The song is even more 'overproduced' than ETIAW. I mean, JUST compare it to these tracks:

Prospekt's March/Poppyfiels

High Speed

A Rush Of Blood to the Head

Death and All His Friends (and The Escapist)

Paradise is TOTAL garbage compared to these masterpieces.

Second disappointment:

Rihanna is just a whining R&B top-40 trash artist. I have always hated her arrogant voice.

Female vocals...I was thinking of The Pierces, Natalie Imbruglia or even Gwyneth Paltrow. But when I fearst read Rihanna I was thinking about starting a campaign against Chris's careless and wrong decisions. What is he thinking? Is he hoping to get laid by the bitch? (she's so hot btw)

And one last thing...'Coldplay will never be as good as Take That?' Is that a joke? I like Take That and Robbie Williams, their shows are great, but their music has never been as good as Coldplay's (early) work.

Where is the time that Chris was totally in love with Jeff Buckley or Arcade Fire? Now he seems to be in love with Alicia Keys, Rihanna, and Usher. I wonder if Will is really agreeing with all this.

dude i am so supporting you