Famous Old Painter

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what have you done boys?

breaks my heart.

so much potential.

If this were the Coldplay section, someone would try to be witty and respond to this with "Don't let it break your heart". Because that's actually the name of another song on the album. Seriously. Whatever happened to simple names like "Trouble" that didn't pretend to be clever?

When I heard the 30 seconds preview I had my doubts, it's not the Coldplay I know and love. When I heard the leak this morning it almost made me cry. I don't like it and it will not grown on me. I will try to ignore it's existence, I hope that will work.

For a pop song it's not terrible and fits well along the likes of artists like Bieber or Rihanna or others.

For Coldplay it is terrible. What the hell is this band doing anymore?

If people can't see how deep the band has sold out (from songs like Teardrop and Paradise, the terrible lyrics, the way the band looks, and Rihanna being on the album), then they're misguided.

My hopes for the band to do something good is pretty much zilch. I'm looking forward to hearing MX/Hurts like Heaven, but I'm sure they'll find some way to butcher that in the studio.

AT LEAST if there's any good from this, is that I know I won't be spending my money on their music or concerts, which will let me go to other shows and buy other music to more deserving bands.

The sad thing is that songs like "Moving to Mars" prove that Coldplay are still damn well capable of writing the type of song that made them great. The fact of they matter is that they CHOOSE NOT TO, as further indicated by MTM being demoted to a B-side most people will never hear so that they can fit more radio-catering pop tracks on the actual album. That really infuriated me about the tracklist. Sure, we on this forum know MTM exists, but Coldplay is now so deeply intrenched in the mainstream that anything of theirs that has actual quality is purposely buried.

The sad thing is that songs like "Moving to Mars" prove that Coldplay are still damn well capable of writing the type of song that made them great. The fact of they matter is that they CHOOSE NOT TO, as further indicated by MTM being demoted to a B-side most people will never hear so that they can fit more radio-catering pop tracks on the actual album. That really infuriated me about the tracklist. Sure, we on this forum know MTM exists, but Coldplay is now so deeply intrenched in the mainstream that anything of theirs that has actual quality is purposely buried.

This right here. Oh my God.

For me I think the music is nice it reminds me of The Lighthouse Family with the song Lifted. The lyrics are just poor, really poor for what Coldplay can and have produced in the past. I think MTM would be better on the album instead of Paradise but I don't think it would ever get the recognition it would deserve from the music world.

The Rhianna colab has made me not like POC even more. How many times will Chris have to make friends from the R&B/Hip Hop world to realise that they don't blend well together.

Wether it's Eno, EMI, Chris's friends influences or Coldplay themselves that have brought on such a massive change in their style, we just have to embrace this era and enjoy the good tracks that are on MX (which is all the live ones from the summer in my opinion.) Fingers crossed they'll try to go back to the Parachutes/AROBTTH days for LP6 like they said they planned to do for this album.

I am not reading everything in the CP section (too many fanboys and simply too many posts) but if I can recommend one thread in there, it's this one:

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88320

It's a lot to read, I know. But there are some great posts in it, starting with the first one. :heart:

Please check it out if you have the time! :kiss:

(I want you to read it and not write my opinion here again hehe)

Exactly! that's what so frustrating with this band. they have the ability to write and produce great songs like Moving to Mars (which honestly is one of my favorite songs by the band), but like you mentioned choose not to and the biggest slap in the face is it's demoted to a b-side.

Michael, can you just do my speaking and expressing myself for a bit? Because you seem to be hitting the nail on the head every time.

Guest Osaka Sun

:nod:

PARA PARA PARA PARA PARA

This EXACTLY.

They should do more instrumentals. Princess of China started as an instrumental, lol. But I mean the lyrics and Chris' voice are what make the songs bad. I actually like this song more than ETIAW. But the beat is CRAP and it ruins the song. Uses a lot of the same formula of 90's pop music. I guess they were so traumatized because people thought they were boring.

The violins are pretty nice, but it's repetitive which is something that they don't need to do, their capable of making a better chorus.

^ and ^^ what I find most irritating about those posts is that they think their opinion is so much more important than any others that they start a new thread for it, eventhough there is already a thousand threads about what people think about Parrot-Parrot-Paradise.

Did you see this in Fanboyland?

http://coldplaying.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88390

Yes, he just mocked Cemeteries of London.

I don't want to live on this planet anymore - YouTube

Imo, that video hasn't been used enough reference this whole shenanigan. I think that sums up exactly how I'm feeling with the majority of the posts and defenders of Paradise at the moment. :\

Seriously? What are these people on? How can they compare Paradise to any other music is beyond me.

and what about this post ?

When you listened to the full album and still think: "Yeah, thats good. But its not good enough for Coldplay".... then it´s not Coldplay who did mistakes... then you should think about leaving Coldplay as a fan and not judge about them personally and say X,Y or Z has to leave. Nobody has the right to say that. Its not your music.

:laugh3::lol:

i can't stop :lol:

The point is that:

1. Nobody here knows what a producer really does in case of Coldplay and Mylo Xyloto

2. Nobody has the right to say that Brian Eno has to leave Coldplay

3. Its pretty unrealistic what people say here. MX is Coldplays masterpiece. They are unbelieveable proud of it. So any note, any tone and all "para´s" speaken in "Paradise" are there, because the band wants it there.

When people say they don´t like what Coldplay does, okay. I don´t have a problem with that. I can respect that opinion and discuss about it. But first of all those "haters" should respect that it´s Coldplays work. They did it cause they wanted it.

this is another AWESOME post